Projector for Home Theatre

Vid

Planning to set up a home theatre so need to source for a good projector. Any good ones to recommend? Got anyone that can project full HD?

↡ Advertisement

Planning to set up a home theatre so need to source for a good projector. Any good ones to recommend? Got anyone that can project full HD?

pls note that the bulb life is much shorter than TV

pls note that the bulb life is much shorter than TV

That's ok. I want to create the cinema effect ^_^

Went to SLS last week, saw one shop of top floor selling one small size one (like 3" External HD case), good to play for a while, but you still need a normal tv in the living room :D

Panasonic. I'm using it. Full HD.

Get a LED ones. Small, cheap and lamp life is about 20,000 to 30,000 hours.

Forget about LCD projectors unless you really have a super big room.

The LED ones may be 200-300 lumens, but dun underestimate them.

Try visual apex.. Online store from US.. Price ok n can deliver to SG by borderlinx or comgateway.. Many models n some on offer.. Check auto voltage or not before ordering.. Cheaper than SG AV shops.. About SGD 2500 can get good models Liao.. Can buy extra bulb too.. Warranty gotta see if US only or intl.. Mine is US but > 1 yr Liao n still good.. I didn't buy the 3D projectors as tech n specs not mature enuf.. Local shops can try Adelphi like KEC.. But compare prices here to intl Internet stores first to see markup by local dealers..

Get a LED ones. Small, cheap and lamp life is about 20,000 to 30,000 hours.

Forget about LCD projectors unless you really have a super big room.

The LED ones may be 200-300 lumens, but dun underestimate them.

Any brands to recommend?

Try visual apex.. Online store from US.. Price ok n can deliver to SG by borderlinx or comgateway.. Many models n some on offer.. Check auto voltage or not before ordering.. Cheaper than SG AV shops.. About SGD 2500 can get good models Liao.. Can buy extra bulb too.. Warranty gotta see if US only or intl.. Mine is US but > 1 yr Liao n still good.. I didn't buy the 3D projectors as tech n specs not mature enuf.. Local shops can try Adelphi like KEC.. But compare prices here to intl Internet stores first to see markup by local dealers..

Thanks will have a look! I'm not really into 3D either. Just want clear and beautiful pictures will do. Meant for my bedroom and thinking of mounting onto the ceiling and project to my balcony. Going to put up a projection screen that covers the whole curtains.

try this forum www.xtremeplace.com ..you will get help and inspiration of getting projector...

btw, i own a Epson Full HD 1080p LCD projector... upgrading to 3D soon.. [;)]

my room setup [:p]

frontviewsize20.jpg

Edited by Gaolow

try this forum www.xtremeplace.com ..you will get help and inspiration of getting projector...

Wow! Nice! [:)]

Is Epson any good?

planning to sell your old epson?

is tat a war room?? [laugh] [laugh]

Any brands to recommend?

This is the hottest one in US now:

http://www.amazon.com/Optomas-ML500-Lumen-...a+led+projector

Can get for just SGD 800-900 bucks.

Forget about spending few thousand to get LCD, unless like what I say, your room is super big. LCD is old school. They are big, chunky and that expensive bulb only last few thousand hours. You spend few thousand dollars there, next year they will have even more LEDs projector that is more powerful and only in hundreds of dollars.

These LEDs projector can do 80-100" diagonal without much issue. If you go for 80-100" diagonal , I see it wouldn't lose to any LCDs for that fraction of price.

Here is a review:

Check out his other videos on this projector as well. The only downside I feel is the speaker, which is lousy. But seriously who would watch a home theather using projector speakers?

The other downside you need to know is that LED projectors still require quite a long throw distance. So if you want 100" diagonal, the projector need to be at least 10 feet from the wall. If your room width is narrow, you will have to use a smaller diagonal screen, or get a LCD with a short throw distance.

If you don't want this one, you can check out the LG LED projectors. They are not bad as well.

Edited by Icedbs

This is the hottest one in US now:

http://www.amazon.com/Optomas-ML500-Lumen-...a+led+projector

Can get for just SGD 800-900 bucks.

Forget about spending few thousand to get LCD, unless like what I say, your room is super big. LCD is old school. They are big, chunky and that expensive bulb only last few thousand hours. You spend few thousand dollars there, next year they will have even more LEDs projector that is more powerful and only in hundreds of dollars.

These LEDs projector can do 80-100" diagonal without much issue. If you go for 80-100" diagonal , I see it wouldn't lose to any LCDs for that fraction of price.

Here is a review:

Check out his other videos on this projector as well. The only downside I feel is the speaker, which is lousy. But seriously who would watch a home theather using projector speakers?

The other downside you need to know is that LED projectors still require quite a long throw distance. So if you want 100" diagonal, the projector need to be at least 10 feet from the wall. If your room width is narrow, you will have to use a smaller diagonal screen, or get a LCD with a short throw distance.

If you don't want this one, you can check out the LG LED projectors. They are not bad as well.

Thanks. I did a quick search yesterday on google and Optomas seems to be pretty popular in the US. Will definitely shortlist this as one of the choice ^_^

Thanks. I did a quick search yesterday on google and Optomas seems to be pretty popular in the US. Will definitely shortlist this as one of the choice ^_^

Yup, my previous projector was a Optoma 720p model.. Was also bought from visual apex abt 1300 sgd a few yes back.. Simple but good enough.. If u wan to mount in bedroom ceiling, can do, but u need to plan the wire runs n the throw length.. Visual spec website has a page to help u on that with the projector u select.. Hit short throw projector too.. Ur screen can buy the normal roller blinds can Liao.. No need specific projector screen over ur curtains.. Save money.. I also using the Epson projector now as it got lens shift .. Good la.. For more info read up xtremeplace or hardwarezone .. Got many more tips there..

Went to panasonic website but no info?

Panasonic PT-AX100U

panaax100topview.jpg

I'm using this, after my Vidikron 3 gun crashed, then changed to Barco and now this.

You will need to get a comparably good quality screen also, takes two hands to clap.

Have been using projectors for the last 20 years, no time for TVs. Sound system Yamaha

8 speaker system, Yamaha a/v amp.

↡ Advertisement