Honda alarm faulty

Tcx607

Hi bros, any kind input how to tackle a faulty alarm system on civic FD2A, 2006 model?

My family car alarm system suddenly not working even open the door without dis-armed.

The LED light is continuous lighted.

Tks for value input

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros, any kind input how to tackle a faulty alarm system on civic FD2A, 2006 model?

My family car alarm system suddenly not working even open the door without dis-armed.

Tks for value input

The OEM alarm very exp...

My honda Ody when it just turned two the alarmed system stop working but still can lock and unlock the door. I install a third party alarm for $150 that was 5 years back. The down part is having a extra remote to lock and unlock the door. 5 years and the third party is still going strong

Tks for value input

Not sure this helps but for my alarm, continuous light on means it is in "valet mode". In other words, its deactivated but still will sound when you lock and unlock. Look at your manual to see how to cancel the valet mode to put it to normal mode.

If you lost the manual, try to google the manual online with your alarm model.

Hope this helps.

Tks for value input

Did you do a check to make sure the boot and the bonnet is properly closed?

Or you can always go back to the AD to do a reset and see if it still works. At the same time enquire to see how much it costs to replace it if it's really faulty. If it's not worth it dan get an aftermarket car alarm that suits your budget.

If I'm not wrong Civic FD OEM lock does not have an actual alarm(siren), meaning only when the door/bonnet/boot is being forced open the horn and signal lights will be activated but no siren coz it doesn't come with it. It also has an immobiliser. Ppl can smash the window and the alarm wont go off or another car hit your parked car nothing will go off. It's pretty limited.

If your car alarm turns out to be ok, you can actually do an add on on your existing stock alarm. The add on will consist of a knock/shock sensor, a siren and the alarm module(ecu). You can continue to use your existing alarm key fob from honda to engage/disengage & lock/unlock the alarm by pressing the same buttons. It's cheap, less dan $120 to get it installed and no extra alarm remotes. Those always eat a lot of small batteries. It's an upgrade from your basic alarm.

Actually a lot of cars come with basic car lock & immobiliser system like the civic. Nissans, even BMWs all come with very basic car alarm. Just look into the forum's sponsor thread, a number of them doing the upgrade. No need to choose those fancy types, just choose the one which can still use your key fob to lock/unlock. No point carry so many remote controls in your pocket.

Edited by Watwheels

Tks you for your inputs.

My observation before the alarm faulty....the beep sound was silent during lock & unlock.

Then, after a few days, the LED lighted and I tried to open the bonnet with key without un-armed, & it when silent.

As a result, I confirmed the alarm is faulty. I was trying to remove the fuse but do not know which????

This is the last attempt I want to try before looking for 3rd party alarm.

u saying that u use key to unlock the car. does the signal light blink thrice ?

if it does blink it mean the alarm is disarm. try sitting inside the car and arm the alarm. wait for 30sec before unlocking the car from inside. dont use the remote to unlock, pull the lock at the door open handle, it should triggle off the horn.

orginal honda come with no wahoo alarm is just basic lock unlock and if there is force unlock trigger other then from the keyhole or remote unlocking then it will triggle the horn to go off.

↡ Advertisement