What tires for SUV?

Civic6656

On 4/26/2020 at 5:26 AM, riverbill said:

I was surprised by how many tires can actually be used as "snow tires"

Singapore is a Tropical country , there is NOT reason we use Snow tires.

Just my thought and sharing

Snow tire (purposed built) will probably MArked SNOW Tire on the Sidewall.

there are some tires in the MARKET markded All Season , M+S(MUD & Snow) , All Weather are tires designed and Formulated for 4 Seasons (particularly Winter Season) ,is a Regulatiors Required all Vehicles on the road during the Winter (NOT heavy Snow)  during Winter season.

and my understanding ( correct me if I am Wrong) this tires has no problem running on the road even in the Summer season.

just MHO

↡ Advertisement

I am using GY Wrangler.

Not the quietest tyre and the grip is modest at best.

Kup in a corner and the tyre would start to slide a bit but still predictable to handle it. It's a comfortable and built with soft side wall tyre.

On 4/27/2020 at 11:29 AM, Hamburger said:

I am using GY Wrangler.

Not the quietest tyre and the grip is modest at best.

Kup in a corner and the tyre would start to slide a bit but still predictable to handle it. It's a comfortable and built with soft side wall tyre.

thanks for your Sharing , Positive feedback 

you know what tires you are driving 💪

I'm looking at West Lake tires. They are MIC. Haha... but they make light trucks and suv tires. My company light truck has been using this brand and is a lot durable than the Bridgestones that came with it. Initially we tried replacing the Bridgestones tires that are same as factory but they just wears out too fast and dont have good grip.

Actually this West Lake brand makes off road tires. They also have on and off road tires suitable for our type of road usage. Just wondering how it performs and how's the pricing.

http://www.westlaketyre.com/na/index.php/productcars/48

23 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

My company light truck has been using this brand and is a lot durable than the Bridgestones that came with it. Initially we tried replacing the Bridgestones tires that are same as factory but they just wears out too fast and dont have good grip.

u take a look at the orginal tyres rating compare to WL.

in many case japanese lorry use bridgestone that are fine thread, with very high load ratio, if pump full and empty load, they have very poor grip. mend for very heavy load i think. 

JMHO

tire size upgrade can base on 

1 ) Car Manufacturers optional size (refer to Owners Manual or Tire Label stick on Driver door / Pillar / Fuel Cap cover

2 ) Tire company recommendation (refer to Tire Product Book which tire retail shop should have them)

3 ) ONline

4) friends recommendation

5) Own prefereance

I have the pirelli scorpion verde on my suv. Very good tires for a near 1.9 tonner even at corner...

the grip and the feedback on steering are surprisingly good. I enjoy the long sweeping bend in mce tunnel whereby the tires would make the car like it’s on rail...

wowo is infamous for numb steering feel...this tire has changed my view on that

had pilot sport on the bigger suv before this car which was not bad as well but pale in comparison to the pirelli...

(edited)
On 5/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, mersaylee said:

I have the pirelli scorpion verde on my suv. Very good tires for a near 1.9 tonner even at corner...

the grip and the feedback on steering are surprisingly good. I enjoy the long sweeping bend in mce tunnel whereby the tires would make the car like it’s on rail...

wowo is infamous for numb steering feel...this tire has changed my view on that

had pilot sport on the bigger suv before this car which was not bad as well but pale in comparison to the pirelli...

Last month My friend change his Pirelli scorpion Verde to a Pirelli Pzero PZ4.. he says immediately becomes quieter. 

Then few days ago i just changed to a Pzero PZ4 size 235/55-18, speed load rating 100v. I pumped air to 270 and Wapianz more comfortable than previous 44k mileage Goodyear F1A3 235/50-18 which I pump 260.

my first thought is Pzero PZ4 is like a touring tyre for luxurious sedan.. no wonder it’s fitted on Merc E class. 

michelin PS4 lovers be reminded not to use the Pirelli as will most likely hate the soft sidewall. 

but I like....

Edited by Chucky2007
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Chucky2007 said:

Last month My friend change his Pirelli scorpion Verde to a Pirelli Pzero PZ4.. he says immediately becomes quieter. 

Then few days ago i just changed to a Pzero PZ4 size 235/55-18, speed load rating 100v. I pumped air to 270 and Wapianz more comfortable than previous 44k mileage Goodyear F1A3 235/50-18 which I pump 260.

my first thought is Pzero PZ4 is like a touring tyre for luxurious sedan.. no wonder it’s fitted on Merc E class. 

michelin PS4 lovers be reminded not to use the Pirelli as will most likely hate the soft sidewall. 

but I like....

Yah, the road noise from the scorpion is on the higher side...I crank up the ice to drown it

to me, grip and holding more important...

I had PS4 before on a wagon and find the scorpion is comparable in terms of side wall...

best bang for buck tire experiences (on sedan only) are the CSC5...relatively cheap and yet last a longer time with very good grip and holding on dry. 

best tire for wet I ever had was the goodyear eagle f1 asymmetric 2, noisy like hell though

21 hours ago, Chucky2007 said:

but I like....

Agree....same experience on a Harrier, from stock Bridgestone Ecopia. No increased in tyre noise, but wet grip significantly improved. No regrets. Reasonable price too of around $220  per piece if not mistaken. Hope this tyre set up it will last for at least 20K.

20200524_091019.jpg

20200524_091030.jpg

Twincharged
On 5/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, Watwheels said:

I'm looking at West Lake tires. They are MIC. Haha... but they make light trucks and suv tires. My company light truck has been using this brand and is a lot durable than the Bridgestones that came with it. Initially we tried replacing the Bridgestones tires that are same as factory but they just wears out too fast and dont have good grip.

Actually this West Lake brand makes off road tires. They also have on and off road tires suitable for our type of road usage. Just wondering how it performs and how's the pricing.

http://www.westlaketyre.com/na/index.php/productcars/48

I’m using westlake SA57 that came with the used car I bought.
Cannot find a reason to chuck them out. have used Michelin PSS, PS4, Yoko AD07, Bridgestone re01r, dunlop z1 etc. suffice to say that it’s pretty decent. 

Surprisingly these cina made tyres did quite good in oversea  independant tyre test.

Having say that, I still needed time to accept them. 

Supercharged
3 hours ago, alphard96 said:

Agree....same experience on a Harrier, from stock Bridgestone Ecopia. No increased in tyre noise, but wet grip significantly improved. No regrets. Reasonable price too of around $220  per piece if not mistaken. Hope this tyre set up it will last for at least 20K.

20200524_091019.jpg

20200524_091030.jpg

Honestly the Harrier OEM Ecopia tyre is KNS.

Change to any decent brand/model will definitely see improvement

12 hours ago, alphard96 said:

20200524_091019.jpg

20200524_091030.jpg

Mine same size and same specs. 

(edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 9:22 AM, alphard96 said:

Hi bro, where did you change this for 220/pc?

Edited by Aloe111
↡ Advertisement