What tires for SUV?

Civic6656

15 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Something like that but not that bad.....also saw several lowered C-HRs. 

ha ha.. those are lowered kakis... 
there are many kaki of different interest as well.. 
anyway as long as not endanger other road user, i view it acceptable .. just enjoy

2 hours ago, Contipro said:

ha ha.. those are lowered kakis... 
there are many kaki of different interest as well.. 
anyway as long as not endanger other road user, i view it acceptable .. just enjoy

Yeah but i think the point that was being made is that SUVs shouldn't be lowered and that they look weird when they are. To be fair the C-HRs i saw did not look too bad....maybe their lowering wasn't so extreme....

9 minutes ago, Kar_lover said:

Yeah but i think the point that was being made is that SUVs shouldn't be lowered and that they look weird when they are. To be fair the C-HRs i saw did not look too bad....maybe their lowering wasn't so extreme....

does the old matrix  seem like a lower  suv?

I alway feel that is a ugly car.(hope i dun offend their owner@😃

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

LOL...

an SUV need to attack the road hump diagonally.... 😅

I think look like Citreon C4. 

• Haha! 1

15 hours ago, Beregond said:

Hyundai Matrix was more MPV than SUV but i don't recall seeing any lowered version. I thought during its time, it was considered quite nice actually...Ugly one is juke....

• Haha! 1

I am looking for a comfortable / quiet tires for SUV. Shortlisted 2, Bridgestone Alenza 001 and Conti Premium Contact 6. I read many positive reviews on Alenza 001, can any share their experience on Conti Premium Contact 6?

I am current using Conti Sports contact 5, it’s generally quiet, slight harsh over road bumps, not too refined.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros, 

After 13 months and 55k mileage, it is finally time to replace the Pirelli Scorpion Verde 255/45R20 that came with my SUV.. I am contemplating between Pirelli PZERO PZ4 and Michelin PS4 SUV.. The Michelins cost $75 more per piece.. Any advice on which one to take? Or any other tyre recommendations? 

Thank you for advices and recommendations in advance.. 😊😄

my friend is thinking changing out his Outlander tyres.. to seek advise here wondering is it must use tyre specific for SUV or any tyre (example on sedan) as long as the size is same ?

the original size is 225/55/R18 98H

any experience can be shared related to above ? 

@-G-SpOt  Could you share your feedback on the Pirelli Scorpion Verde? Based on comfort, noise level as the tyre wears, dry/wet handling and aquaplanning. 
The PS4 SUV is made for SUVs, whereas the PZ4 is made for high performance cars. So in this case, perhaps the PS4 SUV might be more ideal for your SUV? Understand SUV tyres are built to withstand the taller stance and heavier weight of the vehicle.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:04 AM, Kalmath said:

I am looking for a comfortable / quiet tires for SUV. Shortlisted 2, Bridgestone Alenza 001 and Conti Premium Contact 6. I read many positive reviews on Alenza 001, can any share their experience on Conti Premium Contact 6?

I am current using Conti Sports contact 5, it’s generally quiet, slight harsh over road bumps, not too refined.

Bridgestone has just launched the Alenza LX100 in Japan in February. It is a luxury tyre for SUVs designed with comfort and low noise in mind. You may want to wait for it to reach our shores. Alenza 001 has a sportier edge to it.

Bridgestone Alenza LX100

CPC6 not known to be quiet.

• Praise 1

On 4/13/2021 at 10:49 PM, Contipro said:

my friend is thinking changing out his Outlander tyres.. to seek advise here wondering is it must use tyre specific for SUV or any tyre (example on sedan) as long as the size is same ?

the original size is 225/55/R18 98H

any experience can be shared related to above ? 

I’m using GY F1A5 225/55/R17 for my Mazda CX30 and it’s fine to me, not too noisy and grips well in the wet and dry. Not sure what would be the difference if I use an SUV specific tyre... 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, shawn207 said:

I’m using GY F1A5 225/55/R17 for my Mazda CX30 and it’s fine to me, not too noisy and grips well in the wet and dry. Not sure what would be the difference if I use an SUV specific tyre... 

thanks for input. 

will share to my friend as well.

I am using GY wrangler and if I could, would want to file it down to justify a change. 

Lousy grip dry or wet but for normal usage, its okay.

If not for money sake, would have dump it.  235/55/19

@Contipro my view is stick to same size 225/55/18 and go for premium Quality tire and you sure tell the improvement.

changing tire size on stock wheel unless otherwise stated is not my choice. stock wheel usually best with stock tire size.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2