What tires for SUV?

Civic6656

share my personal views

choosing a tires does not need alot of knowledge but little knowledge also can be very dangerous

1st the Tire Size must be original like what you have on your car originally or optional size approved by CAr manufacturers (refer to your own car Manual or tire placard )

2nd the type of tire your are looking to use ? Pure street use ? Intermediate (street and Off road)

for street tire i am quite sure she can perform better over the Intermediate on street use only. you will be surprise the Intermediate All terrain tire is longer lasting than the Street tire.

Load factor is important if your car is Heavy and Load is always heavy otherwise using Original size is Safe.

for Upgrade alloy wheels i will be more careful when select the wheels load index especially for SUV and MPV

last but not least Tire Brand is very important to be.

I wont Save money on tire which allow me to last for easily 2 years and It make my Drive and Journey Safe and Confident .

thank for reading my views

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

4 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

share my personal views

choosing a tires does not need alot of knowledge but little knowledge also can be very dangerous

1st the Tire Size must be original like what you have on your car originally or optional size approved by CAr manufacturers (refer to your own car Manual or tire placard )

2nd the type of tire your are looking to use ? Pure street use ? Intermediate (street and Off road)

for street tire i am quite sure she can perform better over the Intermediate on street use only. you will be surprise the Intermediate All terrain tire is longer lasting than the Street tire.

Load factor is important if your car is Heavy and Load is always heavy otherwise using Original size is Safe.

for Upgrade alloy wheels i will be more careful when select the wheels load index especially for SUV and MPV

last but not least Tire Brand is very important to be.

I wont Save money on tire which allow me to last for easily 2 years and It make my Drive and Journey Safe and Confident .

thank for reading my views

For tire choice, just choice street use will do.

No need for All-terrain in Singapore.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
8 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

For tire choice, just choice street use will do.

No need for All-terrain in Singapore.

For some, all terrain is needed cause they always mount kerbs! Haha. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Haha! 3

18 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

For some, all terrain is needed cause they always mount kerbs! Haha. 

My Malaysia fren pickup uses All-Terrain tyres as he needs to drive into vege farm in Cameron Highland.

• Praise 1

On 4/17/2021 at 3:46 PM, Roberttan said:

actually its extremely hard to get any tyres not enough load ratio for our cars. super hard, u want purposely find 1 that not enough load ratio also cannot. normally manufacturer made the tyres with alot of tolerance.

its like we pump the tyres, on the tyres normally show dun pump beyond 50 psi ( or something similar) 

u can pump the tyres to 80 psi and the tyres wont blow, infact the pump from petrol station is not strong enough to overinflat and blow our car tyres . unless its already damage. 

17 hours ago, Beregond said:

actually its extremely hard to get any tyres not enough load ratio for our cars. super hard, u want purposely find 1 that not enough load ratio also cannot. normally manufacturer made the tyres with alot of tolerance.

its like we pump the tyres, on the tyres normally show dun pump beyond 50 psi ( or something similar) 

u can pump the tyres to 80 psi and the tyres wont blow, infact the pump from petrol station is not strong enough to overinflat and blow our car tyres . unless its already damage. 

you are absolutely correct , but when come to commercial and Legal  this could be an issue when problems surfaced. 

Just personals opinion.

all Numbers and Letters are there on the tire sidewall and is for your Information and reference ,

just like i quote An example , a Tire came originally on Audi A4 stock speed rating is YR (which allow max speed of 300km/h, when the Owner find a tire in open market is only Marked V rated (max speed 240km/h) , he rejected it because not original specification.,

• Praise 1

5 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

just like i quote An example , a Tire came originally on Audi A4 stock speed rating is YR (which allow max speed of 300km/h, when the Owner find a tire in open market is only Marked V rated (max speed 240km/h) , he rejected it because not original specification.,

yup very very true.

the speed ratio on our tyre is another factor which i feel we totally can ignore when hunting for a new set of car tyres. u are not going to be able to hit the limit on sg road. or even get close to the limit of the tyres speed ratio. 

we dun even talk about cars, our commerical van tyres, the most common 195.15c got  a rating of R which is 170/km/hrs,  which van or 10f lorry is even going to get close to that

i totally ignore the load and speed ratio when hunting for tyres. ( even track tyres. lol)

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

you are absolutely correct , but when come to commercial and Legal  this could be an issue when problems surfaced. 

Just personals opinion.

all Numbers and Letters are there on the tire sidewall and is for your Information and reference ,

For load index, it can be compensated with tyre pressure.  It is only important for a commercial vehicle.

For pickup truck (like Hilux), it is important if going to carry 0.5tonne daily.

For speed rating, it is related to the heat resistance of the tyre. 

Even though the person might not be driving at 300km/h, he/she could be driving at 200km/h on NSHW from JB to KL.

Y will have better heat resistance than V rated tyre.

26 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

Just personals opinion.

i give u another example.

some bmw and benz owner that are using runflat reject their tyres because it dun come with the orginal 'star' logo and 'MOE' marking.

18 minutes ago, Beregond said:

some bmw and benz owner that are using runflat reject their tyres because it dun come with the orginal 'star' logo and 'MOE' marking.

Why not? 

AD would have told these owners that RFT without star or MOE marking is NOT up to respective factory spec.

On the other hand, have you met any one using NON-RFT that has either star or MOE marking?

24 minutes ago, Beregond said:

problem is some Owners are so innocent and They follow what car Local agent said and the trouble is some of the Agent staff also no nothing and simply share the car owner 

wrong Information like , Putting Nitrogen gas into their tire and claimed the can not mix with outside air 😁

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

problem is some Owners are so innocent and They follow what car Local agent said and the trouble is some of the Agent staff also no nothing and simply share the car owner 

wrong Information like , Putting Nitrogen gas into their tire and claimed the can not mix with outside air 😁

yes this is 1 of most misleading info around last time when pumping nitro is very popular.

air consists of 70+% nitrogen already , and u say cannot mix with nitrogen??

some ppl give the info without the reason behind, and owner follow bindly.

the reason cannot mix is because the 'pure nitrogen' in your tyres will become diluted. And the effect wont be so good,

but if u really cannot find a place that give pure nitrogen to pump, and your tyres is flat or puncture, u still got to pump normal air in. no 2 way about it.

Anyone can intro for vezel tyre? Just got mine second  hand and looking to change. 

running stock size 215/60/16 95H

18 minutes ago, jayz89 said:

Anyone can intro for vezel tyre? Just got mine second  hand and looking to change. 

Michelin Primacy 4

30 minutes ago, jayz89 said:

at least say what u looking at.

lasting? ( the orginal dunlop model super lasting)

cheapest? ( dun need ask, most popular now tourado, lmao)

most quiet? ( truanza? )

best grip?

dun ask for cheap and big can liao, 🤣