What tires for SUV?

Civic6656

@DOBIEMKZ thanks for your sharing your personal view about converting your tire size, seems like your are based on the comfort, availability and Cost too.

some Car owners i have interact like friends  believe only what Local car Agents advice which may void the car warranty lol just my View only

Safe and happy Driving  everydays and nights

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
12 minutes ago, shawn207 said:

@DOBIEMKZ you could have considered 235/50/18 too.. I drive a cx30 as well! 

Yes, I'd considered that size but I did not buy it because firstly, it is more expensive, secondly I think the ride may be harsher because the 50 profile sidewall feels stiffer.

I'm very happy with my current set up. Wonderful car to drive and ride it. At least it is one that all members of the family like. 

Wish you enjoy yours too!. Cheers and best regards. [:)] 

Neutral Newbie

Considering between Primacy 4 and Alenza 001. Anybody have first hand experience with both? Which is quieter and more comfortable?

Or any others I should consider? Am light footed so don't need performance..

On 7/29/2021 at 12:28 AM, yzyz said:

Considering between Primacy 4 and Alenza 001. Anybody have first hand experience with both? Which is quieter and more comfortable?

Or any others I should consider? Am light footed so don't need performance..

I have tried both.  Each has its pros and cons.  Primacy 4 is quieter and more comfy but more expensive and grip is not less good.  

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks, good to know!

Used Primacy 3 before and was quite happy with it, but I heard good reviews about Alenza.

Guess I'll stick with Michelin!

• Praise 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:06 PM, Jamesgetz said:

I have tried both.  Each has its pros and cons.  Primacy 4 is quieter and more comfy but more expensive and grip is not less good.  

Can i say that Michelin Primacy 4 is more comfort-biased whereas its Pilot Sport 4 is more handling-biased ?

Neutral Newbie

I've driven PS4s before. They are quite grippy and handles very well, but it's the  complete opposite of comfort.

The tyre roar is horrible, so unless you have a very well-insulated car or don't care about noise, it's something you have to consider.

• Praise 1

I wonder how big a difference between PS4 and Primacy 4 actually.. 

I had been running on UHP for > than a decade now and am thinking of something more comfortable. I just fear the unknowns. 

Will be great if someone can feedback. 

On 9/11/2021 at 10:59 PM, shutterbox said:

There's also a Primacy SUV, didnt know that. When I enquire for the Primacy 4 supplier told me old model liao suggest that i get the ps4 suv(which I did). The stock Bridestone Alenza that I changed out were wearing out. Getting noisy and not good in the wet.

For me it is Michelin and no other brand.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Watwheels said:

There's also a Primacy SUV, didnt know that. When I enquire for the Primacy 4 supplier told me old model liao suggest that i get the ps4 suv(which I did). The stock Bridestone Alenza that I changed out were wearing out. Getting noisy and not good in the wet.

Alenza was high on my list, until you ruled it out for me. Thanks!!

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Watwheels said:

PS4SUV is more towards comfort than the previous LatSport3. That one is significantly sportier.

Both are quiet and grip very well in dry/wet

better than bridgestone

• Praise 2

Hawk Tyres JB quoted for Michelin Premacy SUV+ (225/60/18) at RM 800 per piece. Made in Thailand and manufactured in 2022

Using SGD 1 = RM 3.35, this works out to approx SGD239. Sounds very attractive.

Anyone using these tires now and is there a difference between SUV and SUV Plus?

↡ Advertisement