What tires for SUV?

Civic6656

If anyone here also looking for tyres with said tyre size, you may consider Dunlop Grandtrek AT3 and Grandtrek PT3. These tyres also had a promote of 3 +1, Meaning when you purchased 3-tyres then the 4th will be FREE.

to be fair , we have to look at the total cost of the 3 and divide by 4 so we know the Actual cost of each tire.

do ask for the Final price of your purchased before they go ahead.

Especially those prices flying all over the Social medias , otherwise you may End up paying more than your expectation.  

FYI only

↡ Advertisement

Other than Michelin and Conti and Pirelli which we all know produce SUV tires, which other brands/models make SUV tyres with the N-specification and are available in Singapore shops?

Other than Michelin and Conti and Pirelli which we all know produce SUV tires, which other brands/models make SUV tyres with the N-specification and are available in Singapore shops?

I changed to Nexen N'Fera RU1 SUV, size 225/55/18 price at S$160 each.

I was skeptical before changing, worry about road noise, so went online to check reviews

Seems pretty good reviews and there is also press release saying this tyre is chosen as Macan 19" OEM tyres, so I took the risk to try.

No regrets now after driving 8000 km, I am surprise it is much more quiet than the OEM Bridgestone Dueler HT tyres and also it is better than the BS in the wet too.

I think the BS is really disappointing, poor wet grip and noisy even when slightly worn.

Even the Sumitomo HTR AS P01 has better wet grip, but then the Sumi is also noisy (but a lower tone compare to BS) and cost S$190 each..

of course if high performance cars may consider more premium UHP tyres,

but my Subaru Outback performance do not even come close to breaking the threshold of the Nexen, so I have happy with this tyre.

• Praise 2

Anyone tried Dunlop SportMaxx 050+ on their suv before? The thread design looks like PSS but unsure of the quality. The price is definitely attractive.

I changed to Nexen N'Fera RU1 SUV, size 225/55/18 price at S$160 each.

I was skeptical before changing, worry about road noise, so went online to check reviews

Seems pretty good reviews and there is also press release saying this tyre is chosen as Macan 19" OEM tyres, so I took the risk to try.

who is the distributor of Nexen.  Thin its a rather new tyre so some sizes are not available.  where did you purchased your Nexen?

who is the distributor of Nexen.  Thin its a rather new tyre so some sizes are not available.  where did you purchased your Nexen?

bro I got the size wrong in my previous post, my Nexen is 225/60/18.

I will pm you the shop

I am using the RV-02 now which came with the car.

Due to the lack of review and from the car agent. I assumed it's a crappy tyre. But after driving for 7000km, I must say that they are pretty good for my needs.

I've driven them through heavy rain and they've never gave me a feeling that I will aquaplane.

Further research on this tyre yields surprising information. According to the EU label for 235/60R18, wet is A, FC is C.

Also found a pretty detailed review here (https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/topics/yokohamatire1503/).

All in I am pretty happy with them. If price if right I don't mind sticking to them for my next tyre change.

• Praise 2

I am using the RV-02 now which came with the car.

Due to the lack of review and from the car agent. I assumed it's a crappy tyre. But after driving for 7000km, I must say that they are pretty good for my needs.

I've driven them through heavy rain and they've never gave me a feeling that I will aquaplane.

Further research on this tyre yields surprising information. According to the EU label for 235/60R18, wet is A, FC is C.

Also found a pretty detailed review here (https://car.watch.impress.co.jp/topics/yokohamatire1503/).

All in I am pretty happy with them. If price if right I don't mind sticking to them for my next tyre change.

yokohama does make Good Quality tires .

RV02 is made for MPV and CUV (cross utility vehicle ) detail can be found in yokohama official website.

Slogan : buy the right tire = right driving conditions = right expectation = right $$$= right comment = right shop

NO product / shop / skill / service Quality is 100% =

I was reading reviews online. Seems like Continental ContiSportContact 5 is very good! But if dun want premium brand, Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 review also seems good.

Not many performance series of tires have sizes and profiles for SUVs.

I was reading reviews online. Seems like Continental ContiSportContact 5 is very good! But if dun want premium brand, Hankook Ventus S1 evo2 review also seems good.

Not many performance series of tires have sizes and profiles for SUVs.

These two series have specially for SUV tyre. In fact I think Continental ContiSportContact 5 is specially for SUV like Michelin Latitude Sport 3.

Cannot seem to be able to find 285/40R20

These two series have specially for SUV tyre. In fact I think Continental ContiSportContact 5 is specially for SUV like Michelin Latitude Sport 3.

I’m collecting my new SUV that comes with 17” rim with Kumho tyres. Tempted to upsize and heard friends saying immediately from collecting car trade-in at a better price.

Bros please share your experiences, should I upsize to 18” or 19”?

Which are the recommended tyres?

My priority is still quietness, the road noise not to be noticeably compromised?

I’m collecting my new SUV that comes with 17” rim with Kumho tyres. Tempted to upsize and heard friends saying immediately from collecting car trade-in at a better price.

Bros please share your experiences, should I upsize to 18” or 19”?

Which are the recommended tyres?

My priority is still quietness, the road noise not to be noticeably compromised?

Kumho is one of the cheaper tyre u can find, thats why the agent used it.  

Depending on what SUV yours is, but 19 inch definitely nicer but acceleration, ride comfort n FC will likely to take a hit.