What tires for SUV?

Civic6656

I’m collecting my new SUV that comes with 17” rim with Kumho tyres. Tempted to upsize and heard friends saying immediately from collecting car trade-in at a better price.

Bros please share your experiences, should I upsize to 18” or 19”?

Which are the recommended tyres?

My priority is still quietness, the road noise not to be noticeably compromised?

It's true that value is the highest if you drive straight from car collection to the tyre shop. Best is to get an agreed value first to prevent any surprises.

It really depends on the budget you have. But do note that quietness is all relative. 

Quiet and grip don't go well together. Most quieter tyres (touring tyres) will not perform as well grip wise to sports tyres. Conversely, sport tyres are noiser than touring tyres.

Your size are:

17" - 225/60R17

18" - 225/55R18

19" - 245/45R19

Seems like 17 & 18" sizes are SUV sizes, while 19" seems to have more choices, though you should makes the tyres are able to take the weight of the car.

Edited by chubbs

Searching for tyres for suv with 225/65/17r 17 inch rims what is the best tyres? Good fuel consumption and quiet tyres pls thank you

All these are relative. Maybe you let us know what your current tyres are or you are bench marking against.

Searching for tyres for suv with 225/65/17r 17 inch rims what is the best tyres? Good fuel consumption and quiet tyres pls thank you

look for bridgestone dueler DHPS.

make in japan [sly]

Can help to verify if this is not a replica or original Ray rim?

where did you see them?

Why don't you get them from the authorized distributor (stamford tyres) or a reputable tyre shop (i know Leong Seng carries a lot of Rays)

Looks like you are looking at 57Transcend?

Based on the Rays Website. This looks close.

face_01.jpg?timestamp=1542356849308

I see a blue sticker at the inner rims too.... based on your one JPEG. Looks promising. But I've also seen replicate that have the stickers too.

Edited by chubbs

You are joking right. Verify authenticity from a jpeg?

Seriously. No joking. I’m genuine layman in these areas. Thought its possible to seek advice from gurus :)

where did you see them?

Why don't you get them from the authorized distributor (stamford tyres) or a reputable tyre shop (i know Leong Seng carries a lot of Rays)

Looks like you are looking at 57Transcend?

Based on the Rays Website. This looks close.

face_01.jpg?timestamp=1542356849308

I see a blue sticker at the inner rims too.... based on your one JPEG. Looks promising. But I've also seen replicate that have the stickers too.

The photo taken at a Stamford branch. I am just wondering why the staff kept promoting this Jap rim. Quoted me $900, then I told him I belong to the low low budget group. He check and check on the system again and quoted me $500. The gap is too huge for me not to think something is not right.

I asked for alternative, price for their SSW, quoted me $1k lower, package rim plus Falken tyre.

All 19”.

It’s genuine since it is from Stamford.

Rays are made in Japan. SSW is Stamford’s house brand.

$500 is probably the list price. You should have more to bargain down.

The photo taken at a Stamford branch. I am just wondering why the staff kept promoting this Jap rim. Quoted me $900, then I told him I belong to the low low budget group. He check and check on the system again and quoted me $500. The gap is too huge for me not to think something is not right.

I asked for alternative, price for their SSW, quoted me $1k lower, package rim plus Falken tyre.

All 19”.

$500 per wheel is possible, as this model is non-forged (cast).

Did you check out the BBS wheels at South Asia?

Generally I find BBS design more chio, even though rumours are that their affordable cast wheels are rather heavy.

Itâs genuine since it is from Stamford.

Rays are made in Japan. SSW is Stamfordâs house brand.

$500 is probably the list price. You should have more to bargain down.

Sorry. I meant to say that he first quoted the Rays $900 each. When I turned down, he “revisited” his cost on the pc and offered me $500 each (the same Rays rim).., this is straight away half price and its my first visit, I do not know him, not as if I’m a regular customer

Maybe you can give him the benefit of doubt that he made a mistake. $900 is definitely over priced. $500 is probably fair. But I will bargain more.

Rays is better than SSW.

BTW. It’s South East Tyres. Not South Asia.

You can ask them for the Rays wheels too.

Is Falken generally cheaper than Conti tyres?...

I wanted the Conti but they have no size for 19” amd started saying Falken is better

• Praise 1