Changi Airport - World Best

Picnic06-Biante15

Supersonic
(edited)

For tourists.

But only time will tell how long it can last. Nowadays people attention spans and fads are getting shorter and shorter.

Think also for locals lo, cause you can see that esp on weekends, many people staying here like to spend their time at airport de, dont know why people love to go airport to walk and eat. So the Jewel might provide more options for these group of people?! So far all the shops at all terminals business should be quite good right, no shops ended up got For Rent signs lo. Although seems like retail business here doesnt look good, esp at town area.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Think also for locals lo, cause you can see that esp on weekends, many people staying here like to spend their time at airport de, dont know why people love to go airport to walk and eat. So the Jewel might provide more options for these group of people?! So far all the shops at all terminals business should be quite good right, no shops ended up got For Rent signs lo. Although seems like retail business here doesnt look good, esp at town area.

Not really. I observed some shops in T3 don't really have good business, like Ramen Champion, cocoa trees, Carl's Junior, TIMES, one bak gua shop. Some of the shops already changed hands several times.

If not for the tourists, think more shops will have closed down.

But places like food court, fast food restaurants and supermarket remain very popular there.

Hypersonic

that would be ironic ... the land was a car park in the first place.

dun wait end up Jewel have ABC trading, Valu$, ah Beng handphone shops ... 

or can convert into services, eg tuina, massage, frosted glass barber ...  [:p]

haha.

So far the shops at changi T3 mostly seem to be surviving. The turnover there seems to be ok.

Supersonic

Not really. I observed some shops in T3 don't really have good business, like Ramen Champion, cocoa trees, Carl's Junior, TIMES, one bak gua shop. Some of the shops already changed hands several times.

If not for the tourists, think more shops will have closed down.

But places like food court, fast food restaurants and supermarket remain very popular there.

Shops changed hands is still ok then shop is left vacant there for months. I seldom go airport walk walk, even go there also always at T2 de, and it seems T2 always many people le?!

Supersonic

Shops changed hands is still ok then shop is left vacant there for months. I seldom go airport walk walk, even go there also always at T2 de, and it seems T2 always many people le?!

I seldom go T2 as I always go T1 and T3.

But T2 seems to have more eateries.

For tourists.

But only time will tell how long it can last. Nowadays people attention spans and fads are getting shorter and shorter.

Actually I also don't know what they are trying to do.

Jewel is physically quite far from the various terminals and actually outside of customs/immigration so can be duty free ? And how to link Jewel to the various terminals seamlessly ? bike sharing ?  [laugh]

The nearest is T1 and its a good 100 - 200m away (minimum).

For locals, think folks from the west won't bother to go there to shop / eat. 

Anyways, project was proudly announced at a National Day Rally speech.

• Praise 1

haha.

So far the shops at changi T3 mostly seem to be surviving. The turnover there seems to be ok.

Probably for tourists lor. Doubt we locals will buy anything from duty free ourselves.

I noticed Polo Ralph Lauren has pulled out of T3.

Supersonic

Jewel is physically quite far from the various terminals and actually outside of customs/immigration so can be duty free ? And how to link Jewel to the various terminals seamlessly ? bike sharing ? [laugh]

It's likely to be connected via the airport LRT and underground walkways. And there is an underground car park beneath Jewel.

It's likely to be connected via the airport LRT and underground walkways. And there is an underground car park beneath Jewel.

Wah, underground walkways will have to be very long.

Some of the newer terminals are quite far away. 

Supersonic

I forgot about travelators. They can be installed side by side with the walkways.

Supersonic

Jewel is physically quite far from the various terminals and actually outside of customs/immigration so can be duty free ? And how to link Jewel to the various terminals seamlessly ? bike sharing ?  [laugh]

True that people stay in west would not go to airport just to shop and eat. But the crowds from the east and north east already crowded enough at the airport liao.

The coming T4 and future T5 is quite far from the current terminals.

• Praise 1

True that people stay in west would not go to airport just to shop and eat. But the crowds from the east and north east already crowded enough at the airport liao.

Yeah. And Pasir Ris and Tampines folks if need to bring shopping bags home better not hail taxi, wait kena scolding by taxi uncle.

Take Uber better.  :XD:

Hypersonic

The T3 gates, some are very far. the travelator really helps

Hypersonic

that would be ironic ... the land was a car park in the first place.

dun wait end up Jewel have ABC trading, Valu$, ah Beng handphone shops ... 

or can convert into services, eg tuina, massage, frosted glass barber ...  [:p]

Need to include chain like hotel 81 so that it is really a transit hotel!  [laugh]

• Praise 4

I agree.  I stay in Sengkang, I also won't go there just to shop and eat.  I only go there to catch a plane.

Supersonic

I agree.  I stay in Sengkang, I also won't go there just to shop and eat.  I only go there to catch a plane.

Parking at airport not say very cheap lo. Unless people really bored until nothing to do?! Lol.

Turbocharged

Our airport really that busy meh? I also cannot imagine tourists on transit will do so much shopping and to expect locals to go there to shop, why all the way to airport when there are plenty just next door to their home?

I won't say I have traveled alot but our existing, just looking at T1 & 2 already damn big. Maybe more run ways and check in terminals if really cannot cope. This crazy idea don't know from who leh.

↡ Advertisement