Changi Airport - World Best

Picnic06-Biante15

Read news that changi airport T4 will not have skytrain connecting to T1 to T3 when it open. Free shuttle bus will be provided at regular intervals.

I felt that by not providing skytrain, changi airport will be moving in a backward direction. If lky were to be around, I am sure he would bang table to make sure that skytrain will be built to connect to T4.

I remember there is an article writing about lky vision that it is because of him wanted to built changi airport at at the end of Singapore along costal, and they built it. If not for that, our airport maybe still located at now paya lebar airbase.

So much so for thinking ahead but still left out a very important connection between terminals. Yes cost is a big consideration, but I am sure that the benefit of skytrain outweigh cost in long run. If there is no skytrain connecting, T4 maybe a failure in the airport, maybe will become like budget terminal . People want convenience and seamless transfer between terminal, so nobody want to take shuttle bus to connect between terminal if they have a choice.. Haiz..

This also reminds me of Microsoft. Microsoft is moving in backward direction when Windows 8 was launched, they refused to admit the failure, they failed in terms of looking for what people want. End up their windows 8 sales is so bad that they go back to basic to look for what people want and then comes windows 10. Hopefully new T4 terminal without skytrain will not be like a failed windows 8.

jewel very nice :grin:
↡ Advertisement

Read news that changi airport T4 will not have skytrain connecting to T1 to T3 when it open. Free shuttle bus will be provided at regular intervals.

I felt that by not providing skytrain, changi airport will be moving in a backward direction. If lky were to be around, I am sure he would bang table to make sure that skytrain will be built to connect to T4.

I remember there is an article writing about lky vision that it is because of him wanted to built changi airport at at the end of Singapore along costal, and they built it. If not for that, our airport maybe still located at now paya lebar airbase.

So much so for thinking ahead but still left out a very important connection between terminals. Yes cost is a big consideration, but I am sure that the benefit of skytrain outweigh cost in long run. If there is no skytrain connecting, T4 maybe a failure in the airport, maybe will become like budget terminal . People want convenience and seamless transfer between terminal, so nobody want to take shuttle bus to connect between terminal if they have a choice.. Haiz..

This also reminds me of Microsoft. Microsoft is moving in backward direction when Windows 8 was launched, they refused to admit the failure, they failed in terms of looking for what people want. End up their windows 8 sales is so bad that they go back to basic to look for what people want and then comes windows 10. Hopefully new T4 terminal without skytrain will not be like a failed windows 8.

It was planned to connect all terminals (1,2 3,4 & 5 which is on drawing board)

Could be waiting for the master plan before connecting all terminals.

Just like our MRT, Doby Gaut Interchange. 4 levels of interchange were constructed but only the NS line open for use in 1986 whilst other lines under construction or planning stage. When other lines (NE and Circle) are completed 25 years later, there just runs through Doby Gaut interchange without disrupting the North-South Line... :yeah-im-not-drunk:  

Talk about a backward direction..

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/bag-wait-at-changi-airport-may-get-longer

"Travellers arriving at Changi Airport may now face a longer wait to collect their bags.

The airport's "first bag on the belt in 12 minutes" standard was relaxed recently to allow a couple more minutes, sources said.

This follows feedback from industry players, including ground handling firms which process passengers, bags and cargo."

Turbocharged

They almost did not want to use aerobridges too for T4. I think they try too hard to segment the market for the airlines.

The old business model at the old Budget Terminal already tells you something. Although it was targeted at the budget airlines. How many actually went for it??

Only Tiger stupidly went for it. Some say bec of national service so they had no choice. Other than Tiger, there was Firefly and some pinoy airline at the budget terminal.

JetStar has remained in T1. I used to fly JetStar more often than Tiger bec it was in a properly connected terminal and I always have something to buy either for my staff or family at the retail outlets in Changi (sometimes within transit/ some times public area).

Now that Tiger is at T2. I fly them more often than I used to. If T4 turns out to be inconveniently connected to the other terminals and Tiger relocates to T4, bye bye Tiger.

Edited by Sabian

No skytrain connection, then gives us connecting domestic flights to T1,2,3.  [laugh]

Talk about a backward direction..

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/bag-wait-at-changi-airport-may-get-longer

"Travellers arriving at Changi Airport may now face a longer wait to collect their bags.

The airport's "first bag on the belt in 12 minutes" standard was relaxed recently to allow a couple more minutes, sources said.

This follows feedback from industry players, including ground handling firms which process passengers, bags and cargo."

This one understandable as the damaged and missing luggage and also luggage that missed the connecting flight happen quite frequent. It's a good move to let luggage handler abit more time to do their job properly rather then rush things and end up with the above mentioned luggage that will happen to traveller.

Damaged luggage, delayed luggage and also lost luggage are the one that they need to solve it as it quite common lor..

T4 is for budget? T5 is the jewel?

KLIA budget dun even near their KLIA, should just call it AA terminal (AirAsia).

[thumbsup]

http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-seen/singapore/why-changi-airport-is-the-best-staff-bring-out-carts-with-drinks-and-snacks

Why Changi Airport is the best: Staff bring out carts with drinks and snacks during luggage retrieval delay

This should be the way to handle a suitation to calm consumers .....  [thumbsup]

And not like some (airlines) with common reply "I don't know. Please call airline office" and the phone keeps ringing on & on and no one seem to be on the other line...

• Praise 5

Quote:

Man who missed flight and spent 18 days in transit using forged boarding passes jailed

Amir Hussain

September 16th 2016

SINGAPORE - A 32-year-old jobless Malaysian man who overslept at a Changi Airport lounge and missed his flight back to Kuala Lumpur decided to stay in the departure transit area.

For almost three weeks - 18 days from Aug 21 until Sept 7 - Raejali Buntut remained in transit by using 31 forged mobile boarding passes to enter several lounges in the three terminals.

But a staff at a lounge he had been to four times before saw through his ruse and called the police.

On Friday (Sept 16), Raejali, a former business development manager with Royale Consultant Management in Singapore, was jailed for two weeks after he pleaded guilty to three out of 31 charges of forgery.

A district court heard that Raejali had a ticket for an AirAsia flight, scheduled to depart for Kuala Lumpur at 7.05am on Aug 21.

The night before, he checked in at close to midnight and went to the Plaza Premium Lounge in Terminal 1 - using his boarding pass and his Priority Pass, issued by Citibank.

But Raejali woke up late and missed his flight. He decided to continue using the facilities at the lounges in the departure transit areas of the airport's three terminals.

The court was not told why he wanted to stay at the airport.

Passengers are required to have a valid boarding pass to enter into a transit lounge. Since Raejali's boarding pass was no longer valid, he decided to forge boarding passes.

He downloaded images of mobile boarding passes issued by two airlines - Cathay Pacific and Singapore Airlines - from the Internet, and then used an image editing software on his laptop to alter them.

Raejali inserted his name, a false flight number and a false destination on the fraudulent mobile boarding passes, before sending them to his mobile phone.

He forged 31 such passes and used them at the following lounges:

- Dnata Lounge at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3;

- Sats Premier Lounge at Terminal 1, Terminal 2 and Terminal 3;

- Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 1;

- Ambassador Transit Lounge at Terminal 2 and Terminal 3; and

- The Green Market Lounge at Terminal 2.

For instance, he went into the Plaza Premium Lounge in Terminal 1 at about 11.30pm on Aug 21, and next moved to the Sats Premier Lounge at the same terminal at around noon on Aug 23.

The next morning, he went to the Dnata Lounge at the same terminal, before going to the Ambassador Transit Lounge at Terminal 3 the following morning.

Last Tuesday, a staff at the Dnata Lounge at Terminal 1 called police when she suspected Raejali's misdeeds. He had entered that very lounge as recently as three days earlier, on Sept 3. He had also gone there on Sept 1 and on Aug 29 and Aug 24.

Policemen nabbed Raejali at about 4pm the next day.

In a statement, the police said it "conducts patrols and regular security checks on persons in the airport's transit areas to ensure the safety and security of all passengers."

Raejali's sentence was backdated to the date of his remand on Sept 9. For forgery, he could have been jailed for four years and fined per charge

• Praise 1

Incheon beats Singapore to top spot in global airport ranking
Jessica Lin AsiaOne
Tuesday, Mar 07, 2017

South Korea's Incheon International Airport has edged out Singapore's Changi Airport as the best airport in the Asia Pacific region in 2016.

Results of the 2016 Airport Service Quality Awards unveiled on Tuesday (March 3) also placed Incheon as the best airport in the world which handles over 40 million passengers.

Changi Airport, which was in first place with Incheon last year, shared second spot with Delhi and Mumbai this time around.

Airports Council International said in a statement that the latest results are based on 600,000 individual surveys conducted in 84 countries. The survey sought passengers' views of 34 key performance indicators, including airport access, check-in, security screening, restrooms, stores and restaurants.

[thumbsup]

http://www.stomp.com.sg/singapore-seen/singapore/why-changi-airport-is-the-best-staff-bring-out-carts-with-drinks-and-snacks

Why Changi Airport is the best: Staff bring out carts with drinks and snacks during luggage retrieval delay

post-18880-0-79229400-1472833318_thumb.j

I keena flight delay on a biz trip one day.

I was so happy I thought they would give me a $10 or $20 voucher so I can go starbucks.

Then the uncle rolled out the trolley with fried bee hoon and fried mee goreng.

Two of the cheapest foods they can serve. And another trolley with coffee and tea.

Cheap coffee and tea like in the staff canteen and not even coffee shop quality.

I could only admire the speed and cost efficiency.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

Incheon beats Singapore to top spot in global airport ranking
Jessica Lin AsiaOne
Tuesday, Mar 07, 2017

South Korea's Incheon International Airport has edged out Singapore's Changi Airport as the best airport in the Asia Pacific region in 2016.

Results of the 2016 Airport Service Quality Awards unveiled on Tuesday (March 3) also placed Incheon as the best airport in the world which handles over 40 million passengers.

Changi Airport, which was in first place with Incheon last year, shared second spot with Delhi and Mumbai this time around.

Airports Council International said in a statement that the latest results are based on 600,000 individual surveys conducted in 84 countries. The survey sought passengers' views of 34 key performance indicators, including airport access, check-in, security screening, restrooms, stores and restaurants.

We drop to same level as Delhi and Mumbai?

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

I was so happy I thought they would give me a $10 or $20 voucher so I can go starbucks.

Two of the cheapest foods they can serve. And another trolley with coffee and tea.

Cheap coffee and tea like in the staff canteen and not even coffee shop quality.

I could only admire the speed and cost efficiency. [thumbsup]

Haha, me too keena once, flight delay few hours, was given some vouchers for food.

But that was some years back.

Now, if uncle trolley out the cheap coffee/tea/bee hoon/mee goreng I'll skip ... there's always Macs [thumbsup]

Just gotta do out of pocket :a-m1524:

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

wah now i am jealous of my colleague who gets to travel to delhi and mumbai for business

• Praise 1

I could only admire the speed and cost efficiency.  [thumbsup]

In the name of Cheaper Better Faster

• Praise 1

wah now i am jealous of my colleague who gets to travel to delhi and mumbai for business

↡ Advertisement