Any NBA fans?

Scion

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2023 at 2:25 PM, Fcw75 said:

U gave up watching?

I used to follow up all the time till 2016 when Lebron James one person beat up Warriors and win the championship coming back from 3-1 loss. 

I really see the kelong in it. These are professional sportsmans and I feel that they really fake it so real. 

One super good and clear example was in world cup soccer, what you think when Suresh the shark appear? Anybody in the sound mind will bite someone in the game? They are obviously paid to not contribute the game to a certain extend. 

For Lebron James, I love his play and love his built and fierce look. But I was just disappointed he can win like this. And they say he created history. Haha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2023 at 4:54 PM, Arogab said:

I used to follow up all the time till 2016 when Lebron James one person beat up Warriors and win the championship coming back from 3-1 loss. 

I really see the kelong in it. These are professional sportsmans and I feel that they really fake it so real. 

One super good and clear example was in world cup soccer, what you think when Suresh the shark appear? Anybody in the sound mind will bite someone in the game? They are obviously paid to not contribute the game to a certain extend. 

For Lebron James, I love his play and love his built and fierce look. But I was just disappointed he can win like this. And they say he created history. Haha

I only want to say…I hate that guy.

GOAT? PLEASE!

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
On 5/30/2023 at 4:16 PM, Fcw75 said:

I only want to say…I hate that guy.

GOAT? PLEASE!

So who you like? KB? I look at build and face, I sure think LJ got look of a super star leh. Just like MJ, his look really got super star pattern. 

Actually I like fierce look and aggressive play. My first start was Charles Barkley. Haha 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/30/2023 at 5:37 PM, Arogab said:

So who you like? KB? I look at build and face, I sure think LJ got look of a super star leh. Just like MJ, his look really got super star pattern. 

Actually I like fierce look and aggressive play. My first start was Charles Barkley. Haha 

GOAT of course is MJ! 😁

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Everyone loves to hate on LeBron. 

I think MJ is definitely the most psychopathic in terms of winning mentality and has no single flaw in his game. If u watch lot of nba content, most nba players describe MJ as the most fundamentally sound player BUT gifted.

He's also a real pain in the ass to be around with as u can see from the last dance. He's petty like f**k. He has very few real friends other than his entourage. He hasn't talked to Charles Barkley for more than a decade cos chuck said on TV that he needed to surround himself with less yes men at Charlotte. Quite a number of his own team mates think he's an ass. These are some of his bulls team mates. 

U have to realize that there were no such expectations on MJ coming into the league. He came in and was allowed to blossom on his own. 

Whereas LeBron being the most hyped player since he was 16. He had a high school game featured on national TV cos he was so hyped up 2 years before the draft. That's really unheard of ever since. And basically for 22 years since he has not really fumbled in both his conduct and his leadership. 

He's been the face of the league for two decades. Has the respect of almost every nba player as a team mate and leader. Not many put him as the GOAT but many put him as the best player of the last 20 years. He's all time scorer. 

He's basically not f**ked up in a time where there's countless phones and cameras clicking on his every move. 

I mean the mental pressure is insane esp coming in a country like USA. I'm sure it's like how a cricket superstar feels in India. Or Messi/ronaldo. 

And MJ for all his psychopathic traits pre internet pre social media went to hide twice in his semi retirements. 

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
(edited)

And MJ's leadership style was suited for his era of basketball. U can't behave like that now. A kobe or MJ.

Players won't buy in anymore. They are earning millions anyways, they will just throw in the towel silently. 

Look at all the stars of the teams that have won it for the last few years. 

Giannis. Curry. Lebron/AD. kawhi. Soon to be Jokic. 

I think of all the stars from back then, Magic is more suited to this era. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 5/30/2023 at 5:37 PM, Arogab said:

My favorite player back then was always Barkley. Everyone love MJ but I was always rooting for chuck in the 92 finals. I just like underdogs. 

Happy that chuck delayed his retirement on TNT. TNT offered him 100 million over 10 years. Lol.

He's the most entertaining pundit on TV. 

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
(edited)

I'm not even a fan of lebron. But think he just gets too much hate. I guess most people dislike him cos he went to Miami to win his first two rings. 

He's just one of the few stars to make super teams work. Its not like super teams of 3 starting all nba players haven't been tried before. 

And he won with Cleveland. And kyrie Irving was unstoppable from games 5 to 7. 

Steph curry is on record saying the best ever basketball he's ever seen as a player on the court was kyrie and lebron in that finals. He's only a 4 time nba champion. So what does he know right. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

BTW one of the reasons why Boston lost this final game so easily is cos Tatum sprained his ankle at the start of the game. Think it's their first possession somemore. 

So that reduced mobility forced jaylen brown to be the main guy. And he gave away the ball a lot as they aren't well coached enough to play well when Tatum can't play. Boston always plays badly when Tatum is playing badly. 

One of the main reasons why Boston lost last year finals was that Wiggins shut down Tatum. He was poor in a lot of the games though he carried them to the finals. jaylen brown was very good in the finals. But think the pressure got to jaylen this time. Boston was a better team last year. 

Anyway all the pundits were saying after game 6 they weren't sure whether Boston could win the 4th game in a row when they were so inconsistent especially at home. They didn't dare say Miami would close out the series was cos the way Miami lost game 6 was super crushing. 

Turbocharged

the funny thing about NBA is that lousy teams purposely tank to get higher chances for that first draft pick

however, in the past 30 years, most of the first draft picks produced mediocre players or even busts

except for once in a blue moon generational talented players like Shaq, Lebron or Tim Duncan 

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 5/31/2023 at 8:12 AM, Scion said:

the funny thing about NBA is that lousy teams purposely tank to get higher chances for that first draft pick

however, in the past 30 years, most of the first draft picks produced mediocre players or even busts

except for once in a blue moon generational talented players like Shaq, Lebron or Tim Duncan 

Actually first round picks aren't that bad lah. But yes very few are franchise transforming. 

Kyrie. AD. Anthony Edwards are all nba caliber players. The other ones aren't so bad as well. 

With the salary cap and the lesser attraction of the non big cities outside LA, NY and Boston, sometimes they Bo pian. Also no relegation lol. 

Edited by Lala81

Hypersonic
(edited)
On 5/30/2023 at 8:10 PM, Lala81 said:

Everyone loves to hate on LeBron. 

I think MJ is definitely the most psychopathic in terms of winning mentality and has no single flaw in his game. If u watch lot of nba content, most nba players describe MJ as the most fundamentally sound player BUT gifted.

He's also a real pain in the ass to be around with as u can see from the last dance. He's petty like f**k. He has very few real friends other than his entourage. He hasn't talked to Charles Barkley for more than a decade cos chuck said on TV that he needed to surround himself with less yes men at Charlotte. Quite a number of his own team mates think he's an ass. These are some of his bulls team mates. 

U have to realize that there were no such expectations on MJ coming into the league. He came in and was allowed to blossom on his own. 

Whereas LeBron being the most hyped player since he was 16. He had a high school game featured on national TV cos he was so hyped up 2 years before the draft. That's really unheard of ever since. And basically for 22 years since he has not really fumbled in both his conduct and his leadership. 

He's been the face of the league for two decades. Has the respect of almost every nba player as a team mate and leader. Not many put him as the GOAT but many put him as the best player of the last 20 years. He's all time scorer. 

He's basically not f**ked up in a time where there's countless phones and cameras clicking on his every move. 

I mean the mental pressure is insane esp coming in a country like USA. I'm sure it's like how a cricket superstar feels in India. Or Messi/ronaldo. 

And MJ for all his psychopathic traits pre internet pre social media went to hide twice in his semi retirements. 

LBJ just love to whine. Did you see the altercation between him and Aaron Gordon? Gordon barely touched him and he put his elbow on Gordon neck. Then both get technical foul? Dafug…

One more thing, I don’t know if the ‘king’ is coined by him or the media but…..🤮

Anyway, glad don’t have to see him anymore for this year. Good riddance.

AG is not gonna back down and glad he had the last laugh blocking James with Murray help.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic
On 5/31/2023 at 8:12 AM, Scion said:

One coming up…Victor Wembanyama.

Hope he don’t flop. 😅

Hypersonic

They will bulk him up like Giannis. 

He better don’t flop, I’m going next year to San Antonio to see a match. 🤣IMG_3884.thumb.jpeg.ef539d096ff63e2c6d8757a892b87564.jpeg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Giannis was 15th pick (round 1) in 2013

Jokic was 41st pick (round 2) in 2014

both developed into absolute monsters

so first draft picks are like durians... boh bao jiak one 😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
On 5/31/2023 at 9:27 AM, Fcw75 said:

One coming up…Victor Wembanyama.

Hope he don’t flop. 😅

remains to be seen 😁

Zion was also dubbed as the best since Lebron... well he's good but too injury prone

so to really succeed with legacy, need all stars (exceptional talents, injury free, good supporting teammates, good coach and management team, popular with fans and media, loyal to franchise, etc) to be aligned

MJ was the one and only chosen one 😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

Pippen is so bitter of Jordan that it's kind of funny 🥴

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/30/sport/scottie-pippen-michael-jordan-horrible-player-spt-intl/index.html

Michael Jordan was ‘horrible player’ and ‘horrible to play with,’ says former Chicago Bulls teammate Scottie Pippen

speaking on his former Bulls teammate Stacey King’s podcast ‘Gimme the Hot Sauce’ on Friday, Pippen described Jordan as a “horrible player.”

“I’ve seen Michael Jordan play before I came to the Bulls. You guys have seen him play … He was horrible to play with. It was all 1-on-1, shooting bad shots. All of a sudden, we become a team and we start winning. Everybody forgot who he was. He was a player who was really not at the top of his category. It was scoring.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1