Why 2009 Avante and Altis resale value so high?

Quantum

Hi All,

noticed in used cars market, 2009 Avante and Altis resale value is very high around 60k to 70k+ :angry: , even higher than 2009 honda civic, if i'm not wrong in 2009 brand new Avante and Altis only were 40k+ and 50k+ respectively, after 3 years using, still can earn 20k, it's extreme value of money [thumbsup]

onyone know Y?

↡ Advertisement

Hi All,

noticed in used cars market, 2009 Avante and Altis resale value is very high around 60k to 70k+ :angry: , even higher than 2009 honda civic, if i'm not wrong in 2009 brand new Avante and Altis only were 40k+ and 50k+ respectively, after 3 years using, still can earn 20k, it's extreme value of money [thumbsup]

onyone know Y?

What the current price for a ALTIS or Avante ????? Way above 100k ...... so a 3 years old car selling at 60 to 70k .... is reasonable if you compare them to a new car .....

Personally, Y2009 car is the worst buy cos of the super low COE ....

Noone looks at their buy price in Y2009 ...... 2nd car prices today are being compared to the current new car prices ...

Assuming that you are a Y2009 ALTIS, what is the price that you are expecting ?

2009 Altis are not even a dula VVTi. Lower power and higher consumption when compares to the latest ones.

Similarly 2009 Civic is an older model. BUt, I would prefer 2009 civic over the current Civic.

Think 2009 cars are the newest before the COE prices surged. So these opportunistic dealers are just looking for carrot-heads. [laugh]

you think they will find any carrot heads?

you think they will find any carrot heads?

Why not, alot of car owners out there either don't know what is paper value, don't take risk into consideration, or drive till COE finish and judging base on first hand car price, the 2nd hand cars value for 2009 will be around 30% to 40% off, sure will catch alot of fish out there.

Guys, do your own judgement call in $$$.

Recently, I enqired on a used car and the markup is way too high from dealer (higher than new car price during that time).

So, I asked them how much do they want to trade-in my car, to my surprise.... rock bottom price.

Immediately, I know the dealer is taking adv on the car price and make sky high profit.

Bottom line, if the used car price is higher than previous new car price, forget it. Better wait for yr2016 onwards.

Funny leh...now car prices are high, off course sell high lor...so what if I bought cheap...

Its like house...last time I buy my house under 200K...current price is 500K...you think I would sell at 200K No brainer IMHO.

OR eg Iphone...if now you can lay your hands on a iPhone 5...you think pple won't buy it off you at a premium ?

Lastly...seller can ask for whatever price...important thing is...can sell.

TS never mention where the info he/she got it from. Maybe he got the quote from just one used car dealer and the rest he made his own conclusions.

If want to get a better price best is to buy from direct owner and do your own transfer. Dealers got a business to run and the admin work for transfer is not free.

If dun chop carrot now, wait until when? When COE price is low?

even if 2009 Civic can sell 74k, also no money to earn, don't forget in 2009 brand civic also around 74K, but for 2009 avante and altis price is about 20k higher than than bought brand new in 2009 [thumbsup]

Funny leh...now car prices are high, off course sell high lor...so what if I bought cheap...

Its like house...last time I buy my house under 200K...current price is 500K...you think I would sell at 200K No brainer IMHO.

OR eg Iphone...if now you can lay your hands on a iPhone 5...you think pple won't buy it off you at a premium ?

Lastly...seller can ask for whatever price...important thing is...can sell.

car is different from house, invest to house sure got profit [:p]

have to congrats those who invested 2009 Avante and altis, also earned money [thumbsup]

Hi All,

onyone know Y?

Car owners here believe that "2009 Avante and Altis" are better worth than "2009 honda civic" mah... [hur]

Must see milage also mah..... also see got accident before or not..... i know a few Civic driver and they all more chiong ones (distance and speed) many of them already got accidents liao)...(the type R ones dont say...worst). Not saying Civiv drivers are bad drivers but almost nobody buy Civic for comfort. Its is indeed a more powerful car in its class.

u want Altis drivers, my dad is the best example...3 year, 15k mileage. NEVER speed and very loyal to BM. If you want to chiong, Altis is the worst car to buy...the cheaper Vios or more powerful Camry are better choice.

As for waiting, it all depends if you are willing to wait. Some ppl wait until the old liao..then regret never buy when younger and have more freedom to travel around.

↡ Advertisement