Why netizens harm the opposition cause

Philipkee

Personally, I feel that some netizens, in their support for the opposition, are actually doing more harm to the opposition cause. The opposition politicians generally try to portray a better front and it is sometimes destroyed by their supporters, or to be fair, people who claim to be their supporters.

An example is Chee Soon Juan. Personally, I dun like him because of what he did to Chiam See Tong but I would vote for him and his party in any elections against the PAP as I believe in the opposition cause. From what I have read about him so far, in tremeritus (not MSM), he seems to have mellowed down and changed for the better. Yet, his supporters do more harm to his name and the opposition cause by praising him (not wrong) AND denigrating workers party as well, to the extent that voting for workers party is akin to voting for PAP. This harms Dr Chee's image and also pull the fence sitters away from workers party. This only benefits PAP.

If you look carefully, NONE of the other opposition polticians do anything to hurt the opposition cause from their words but the comments from their supporters causes damage.

Netizens (some) also have a tendency not to look objectively at situations and turn anything into bashing PAP which will do nothing to convert the fence sitters.

Moles exist. Some "supporters" are moles actually who try to destroy the opposition. Politics is dirty. I hope no true supporter inadvertently causes more harm.

↡ Advertisement