Let your passenger alight before or after zebra crossing?

Deckbuild

Just wanna know whats your thought, anyway it's illegal to stop at zebra crossing(IIRC), but if you have to do it, will you let your passenger alight before or after the zebra crossing knowing that he needs to cross the road.

↡ Advertisement

After. Helps traffic see them easier when they use the crossing rather than darting out in front of a car. Plus means you can drive away quicker helping traffic flow if the crossing is being used by others.

so long u don stop at the zigzag line

Have to stop at zig zag line, before or after?

There is this guy at my neighbourhood, let his kid alight before the zebra crossing, if someone overtake from the right side because he stop JUST before the zebra crossing, he might not have see all the pedestrian including his kid.

After. Helps traffic see them easier when they use the crossing rather than darting out in front of a car. Plus means you can drive away quicker helping traffic flow if the crossing is being used by others.

What you mention is very valid, hope everyone will take note of this...

Supercharged

It depends on the size of the road.

If single lane, I stop before the zebra crossing, so my car can block behind vehicles and my passenger can safety cross infront of me!

If double or more lanes, I stop after zebra crossing, so my passenger can have a clear view of the traffic before crossing.

If single lane, I stop before the zebra crossing, so my car can block behind vehicles and my passenger can safety cross infront of me!

If double or more lanes, I stop after zebra crossing, so my passenger can have a clear view of the traffic before crossing.

Don't forget everytime you stop, there will bound to have someone that want to over take you from the right be it single or double lane. Unless opposite have oncoming cars. That's because the car behind you won't know how long you going to stop for.

For me, it ok if drop off and move off soon. I hate those who park before zebra crossing in school zone. Block the view of students crossing the road. Can't imagine those drivers who park this way are parents of the students and they simply don't care about other children safety.

Furthermore if other vehicles have to wait because pedestrians are crossing the zebra crossing, then the waiting is not directly attributed to you.

Neutral Newbie

i never stop along single lane at all because I don't want to block the cars behind :huh:

Have to stop at zig zag line, before or after?

There is this guy at my neighbourhood, let his kid alight before the zebra crossing, if someone overtake from the right side because he stop JUST before the zebra crossing, he might not have see all the pedestrian including his kid.

i used to drop my wife to work where she needs to use the zebra. so it depends.

if someone already crossing the zebra, i let her off when i stop at the zebra.

if no one is crossing and no car behind, i will stop at zebra and let her cross.

if got car, no one crossing, i will drop her after the zebra after i filter out at least another distance away, she will nag but i told her better than accident.

Edited by Tom_kkh

Just wanna know whats your thought, anyway it's illegal to stop at zebra crossing(IIRC), but if you have to do it, will you let your passenger alight before or after the zebra crossing knowing that he needs to cross the road.

away....... you cannot drop off passengers bcos its a zig-zag line..... [:p]

Edited by Nightkids

away....... you cannot drop off passengers bcos its a zig-zag line..... [:p]

Already know leh, u didn't read what I type lah bro,

I'm talking about if you have to, because I saw this guy, every morning he will drop his kid at my neighbourhood zebra crossing, and he block me a few times, which is why I bring this up, to let forumer aware.

Supercharged

I'm talking about if you have to, because I saw this guy, every morning he will drop his kid at my neighbourhood zebra crossing, and he block me a few times, which is why I bring this up, to let forumer aware.

Try to avoid him by going off earlier or later than him...

Or change your route of travel. [:)]

Try to avoid him by going off earlier or later than him...

Or change your route of travel. [:)]

It's one of the way, but prefer to educate instead of running away from problem... [;)]

Just hope drivers out there will anticipate the surrounding to protect their love ones or anyone on the road.

Is there any situation where it is mandatory to drop off passengers at zebra crossings?

↡ Advertisement