Car Fault Code Reader

Prodiguy02

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there's any good basic Fault Code Reader that just displays the fault code number, and can reset the ECU or better still, turn off that darn Check Engine Light (CEL) ?

Please let me know where in Singapore do they sell it.

Thanks in advance!!

↡ Advertisement

There is alot out there for entrance level DIYers and weekend mechanics. Some are just merely BS tool for greenhorns with very weak program .You will get what you want depending on the price you are willing to pay.

Hi guys,

Anyone know if there's any good basic Fault Code Reader that just displays the fault code number, and can reset the ECU or better still, turn off that darn Check Engine Light (CEL) ?

Please let me know where in Singapore do they sell it.

Thanks in advance!!

You can buy OBD adaptor from ebay(less than $20) and download free apps from Andriod...

No comments as I have never use or come across this brand, very sorry. If it's make in China for US market my suggestion is to avoid this set as the features and OBD2 protocols are for US make cars not very suitable for cars from Asia, Japan and Europe.

Prodiguy02> I suggest you return to AD to reset the fault. This is easiest option.

Else, you can choose to ignore it.

Since you're servicing your car outside, your car should be in good running condition.

Don't bother on check light

dun b an ostrich...

get the prob solved...else you may need roadside assistance someday

Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually my fault code is something like saying that the catalyst converter is giving inaccurate reading. Most garages I went to said that since the shelf life of the cc is about 7 years, and mine is only 4 yo, thus it could be the rear 02 sensor problem which is not a big deal and does not affect mileage.

I do not intend to waste money on changing the rear sensor, so I thought of just checking the codes once a while to see if anything else crops up.

What would be a better suggestion?

Thanks!

The best alternative to check the cat converter is to use a non-contact laser thermometer. By comparing the temp on the inlet and out the chance of coming to a safe conclusion is very close. To have a second opinion , get the shop to check the exhaust emission for high carbon monoxide. Once the cat faulty, the on-board cpu will not be able to switch from rich fuel ( open loop)to lean fuel ( close loop )

post-272-1348984943_thumb.jpg