"Original" honda rims

Silklee

I am thinking of changing the rims on my civic to 17 inch ones. I have seen Kah Motors selling rims in their accessories section. Are those rims being sold elsewhere as well, coz i am pretty sure Kah Motors's pricing for their rims (and tyres) are a killer.

Is there anywhere else that i can go to that will in all likelihood be cheaper than buying from Kah Motors?

↡ Advertisement

I am thinking of changing the rims on my civic to 17 inch ones. I have seen Kah Motors selling rims in their accessories section. Are those rims being sold elsewhere as well, coz i am pretty sure Kah Motors's pricing for their rims (and tyres) are a killer.

Is there anywhere else that i can go to that will in all likelihood be cheaper than buying from Kah Motors?

definitely cheaper than KM, alot of aftermarket rims shops you can compare http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...sting&CAT=4

Original Honda rim are actual Enkei rim. Very strong and light.

Recently, handson on FD2 - 16 inch rim and it is so light.

Not all original rims is made by Enkei,i think only the higher end ''Forged" are made by Enkei,well go to Leong Seng or Yap Brother,they may have even lighter ones from Rays..

Dont think our agents here bring in rims from Japan, most are from China/Thailand. My previous ride rims from Tan cheong was not from Japan also.

Lower end Nissan cars always used Stamford Tyres products[sSW rims & Falkens tyres],both companies are family related...higher end Nissan like Z,Teana & GTR rims all came from factory.

Lower end Nissan cars always used Stamford Tyres products[sSW rims & Falkens tyres],both companies are family related...higher end Nissan like Z,Teana & GTR rims all came from factory.

those lower end rims i think made in thailand. not sure how is the quality in the long run

Not all original rims is made by Enkei,i think only the higher end ''Forged" are made by Enkei,well go to Leong Seng or Yap Brother,they may have even lighter ones from Rays..

The orginal 16" rims of Civic (1.8L) FD1 are also manufactured by Enkei, Japan.

The orginal 16" rims of Civic (1.8L) FD1 are also manufactured by Enkei, Japan.

These vare not "Forged" type,quite heavy,anyway Enkei is OEM rims maker in Japan.

These vare not "Forged" type,quite heavy,anyway Enkei is OEM rims maker in Japan.

CORRECT ME IF i am wrong, base on what i know so far All Honda rim fitted on new car (KAH motor only) are Original from HOnda (not neccesary Make in Japan)

Is true that the Nissan car like Sunny / lation /sylphy/Cefiro/Teana ? i saw are mostly after market (not original from Nissan).

To make it simple to differentiate Original look for the OEM part numbers or LOgo (may also refer to Orignal Vehicle Catalog )(factory).

But that does not meant those fitted locally wheels(Non Orignal) are of Poor Quailty , at least you can go after the Car agent for any Quality matter .

Just for Info Enkei got factories all over the Asia : Japan/ Malaysia/Thailand / China ? frankily speaking Enkei iS A Good Quality Wheels.

NOT all OEM / After market rims are light or Heavy , it depending of Model [wave]

http://www.shc-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2...ims&start=0

Good day,

I forward this WTS from SHC, I am not the seller, but happen to read this.

Owner have gotten aftermarket rims hence letting go my stock rims with tires(20% left). Rims are in good condition with no cosmetic flaws. No warp. Rims are all wrapped up and can be collected immediately. Lug nuts NOT included. Asking for $400... Now $300!!!

Rims Specs- 5 x 114.3 Offset 50

Tires- 225/50/R17

Edited by Mei8003

True for the rims part.

Btw anyone letting go or knows where to get those stock Sunny rims?

TC charges a bomb for it. :angry:

Go aftermarket,better rims anytime than standard.

My Honda rims are stock and like to share this incident.

Was driving with 5 adults in the car on NS highway. Suddenly did not notice a pit on the road and ramp over it.

A big thump on the car and I was shaking my head what a mistake. I slow down to monitor (noise) if the rim has been fracture.

Counting myself lucky I have a good set of rims (stock) and nothing damaged.

I have seen damaged rims on Mitsubishi just hitting a rock (suspect replica rim). Type burst and rim out of shape.

Go aftermarket,better rims anytime than standard.

AFTER MARKET got GOOD Quality and lower end Quality rim too , you may even get a Poor Quality rim if you are unlucky [knife]

Original factory fitted or locally fitted rim by Authorised car Agent the Rim Quality are Approved by them, Should you have any issue about Quality we can alwayd go back to them for some reasonable explaination

My Honda rims are stock and like to share this incident.

Was driving with 5 adults in the car on NS highway. Suddenly did not notice a pit on the road and ramp over it.

A big thump on the car and I was shaking my head what a mistake. I slow down to monitor (noise) if the rim has been fracture.

Counting myself lucky I have a good set of rims (stock) and nothing damaged.

I have seen damaged rims on Mitsubishi just hitting a rock (suspect replica rim). Type burst and rim out of shape.

Yes, stock rims seems rather tough as compared to those low-end replica rims.

Saw an Avante with 2 damaged (out of shape) aftermarket rims but the owner never bothered to do anything.

↡ Advertisement