Need advise on tyres and rims

Newdrive

Hi guys,

Going to buy a second hand 05 Jazz. But the previous owner did some modification and change the rim to a 16".

Just wondering for the below RIM and tyres (roadstone):

293970_6b.jpg

any shops to recommend that I can change the tyres and rim (using trade in to offset)?

any recommends which rim and tyres I should go for?

the previous owner also added a front strut bar and D2 Adjustable Coilover....

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys,

Going to buy a second hand 05 Jazz. But the previous owner did some modification and change the rim to a 16".

Just wondering for the below RIM and tyres (roadstone):

any shops to recommend that I can change the tyres and rim (using trade in to offset)?

any recommends which rim and tyres I should go for?

the previous owner also added a front strut bar and D2 Adjustable Coilover....

u hate the color or u wan to downsize? rota is fine for the jazz la..

if u hate the color, juz go respray lor. shd be cheaper than changing the entire set of rims i guess.

try AL tyres.

u can look out for car sponsor that sell tyre or sell rim here in the mcf forum....haha think still can ask for discount from the seller again... good luck. or ask the seller to bao change...most time, they don't care, see if got 1 % luck..

keep the rim. rota rim is usually 300-400 each.

not much resale value.

the tyres sux!

so your advise is i stick to this rim and change tyres will do?

any recommendation what tyres to change? and where + price?

please keep the rims...

change the tyres thou... i seem to have lost touch with the current mkt price but tyre reputation and shops i still can rmb a few...

depends on your needs for the tyres.. u want quiet?? u want grippy??? quiet and have budget go for michelin, continental. 16" is 200-300/pc ( i think e current mkt price) quiet no budget better dont.. want grippy and have budget the michelin and conti should be just fine.

wanna save a little can go for hankook v12 ( last i heard reputation not so gd but i am currently using it and works fine. 25k km and 1.5yrs old noise only started surfacing around 18k km. kumho ku31 is good also super noisy thou.. should cost under $180/pc. i personally swear on BS tyres currently on my wife's ride. e re001( now no more change to re01 or smth) now should have increase price still +/-$200.

hankook go hankook shops. other brands i go to soh bro or LS Tyre whoever has stock and give better price. highly competitive for both. i heard eng wah not bad also. have a friend changes there when he needs tyres.

oh... just call the shops and get a quote and reserve the tyres before u go down. unless u r gg hankook or stamford chances are the stock aint in the shop. 205/50/16 is good if u want slightly more comfort but since on D2 comfort really isnt gonna be there anyways. handles well should be 215/45/16

please keep the rims...

change the tyres thou... i seem to have lost touch with the current mkt price but tyre reputation and shops i still can rmb a few...

depends on your needs for the tyres.. u want quiet?? u want grippy??? quiet and have budget go for michelin, continental. 16" is 200-300/pc ( i think e current mkt price) quiet no budget better dont.. want grippy and have budget the michelin and conti should be just fine.

wanna save a little can go for hankook v12 ( last i heard reputation not so gd but i am currently using it and works fine. 25k km and 1.5yrs old noise only started surfacing around 18k km. kumho ku31 is good also super noisy thou.. should cost under $180/pc. i personally swear on BS tyres currently on my wife's ride. e re001( now no more change to re01 or smth) now should have increase price still +/-$200.

hankook go hankook shops. other brands i go to soh bro or LS Tyre whoever has stock and give better price. highly competitive for both. i heard eng wah not bad also. have a friend changes there when he needs tyres.

hmm i am looking for quiet and budget... how about Toyo tyres... u tried before? cos i am looking ard $80-120 per piece... I wun be driving the car often... probably on weekends and fri evenings.

hmm i am looking for quiet and budget... how about Toyo tyres... u tried before? cos i am looking ard $80-120 per piece... I wun be driving the car often... probably on weekends and fri evenings.

toyo tyres ah... i know t1r... super grippy and not quiet...

the other toyo tyres http://motorguide.------.com/idb_items.p...=121&bid=72

i nvr consider before but these days 16" for $120 and under quite rare already... i dont think its possible.

The price point u looking at, it's not possible to get decent tyres. 16", budget around $200/donut then can get u decent quiet tyres.

The price point u looking at, it's not possible to get decent tyres. 16", budget around $200/donut then can get u decent quiet tyres.

ohhh this price is for 15" rims is it?

ur rim is 17 leh!!

see the tyres

205/55/17

17" u wan cheap, ku31 loh. many ppl using. 130 each i think.

if u want jap or ang mo brand all 200+ min.

ur rim is 17 leh!!

see the tyres

205/55/17

huh? i thought its 16"? pardon me but how u see ah?

anyway...i am thinking of downgrading to 15" rim... maybe look for a swop deal with fella drivers... cos i more concern about FC.

Edited by Newdrive

ur rim is 17 leh!!

see the tyres

205/55/17

ok i saw it on the tyres already... shacks indeed 17"!

no wonder i felt taller when i test drive... will ask the car dealer for explaination since it advertised as 16"... [mad]

thanks bro! for the good observance...

ok i saw it on the tyres already... shacks indeed 17"!

no wonder i felt taller when i test drive... will ask the car dealer for explaination since it advertised as 16"... [mad]

thanks bro! for the good observance...

u r on d2 suspension... if u wanna downgrade the tyres u might as well downgrade ur suspensions.....

imo good suspensions needs to be mated with good tyres.. FC shouldnt be that bad i think... 12-14km/L? considering 15" can get u 15-17km/L... aint that much a diff... if i were to choose good handling = safety.. so compromise abit on FC shouldnt be that bad. KU31 17" as wad the other bro shared isnt that ex.

enjoy the car la since u spend so much on the car already wad is another 1K to have good safety for the car. remember tyres are e only thing keeping ur car to the floor

Edited by Robo

u r on d2 suspension... if u wanna downgrade the tyres u might as well downgrade ur suspensions.....

imo good suspensions needs to be mated with good tyres.. FC shouldnt be that bad i think... 12-14km/L? considering 15" can get u 15-17km/L... aint that much a diff... if i were to choose good handling = safety.. so compromise abit on FC shouldnt be that bad. KU31 17" as wad the other bro shared isnt that ex.

enjoy the car la since u spend so much on the car already wad is another 1K to have good safety for the car. remember tyres are e only thing keeping ur car to the floor

oh yah! i forget got the suspension...

so... u think i should stick to this rim?

oh yah! i forget got the suspension...

so... u think i should stick to this rim?

stick and see whether u are comfortable... ur passengers are comfortable whether u can tolerate the fc. whether u like the handling!

at the end of the day if really no like then go fjc and advertise. swop ur suspensions n rims with someone with 15" and stock suspensions. of course u can ask for a good sum. d2 with 17" and tyres i guess 2000-2500 ppl may want also. as long asur condition is good. and the one u are swopping is good too.

↡ Advertisement