Suay! Involved in chain collision accident

Fivegear

So unlucky. Involved in a chain collision accident. 4 cars involved. Mine was the second car from the front. Was raining heavily and the taxi infront of me was slowing down and i also slowed down to a complete stop. But all of sudden another taxi from behind knock my backside. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

My rear bumper and left rear lights gone. Boot also dented so now cannot open. For my front it looks as if the front bumper is slightly knocked and number plate bent. But the impact from behind pushed my car to kiss into the taxi infront with slight scratches on his back bumper. [:(]

In fact the taxi driver(front) wanted to settle with me for $20 to $30 but i told him let's just take down particulars for the 4 cars.

The last car behind(4th car) is a rather young chap. I am not sure what is his damages like as it was raining rather heavily at that point. But I can only guess that he knocked into the third car.

In such situation what is my liability? I am going down to the workshop tomorrow for repair. [:(]

↡ Advertisement

So unlucky. Involved in a chain collision accident. 4 cars involved. Mine was the second car from the front. Was raining heavily and the taxi infront of me was slowing down and i also slowed down to a complete stop. But all of sudden another taxi from behind knock my backside. [bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

My rear bumper and left rear lights gone. Boot also dented so now cannot open. For my front it looks as if the front bumper is slightly knocked and number plate bent. But the impact from behind pushed my car to kiss into the taxi infront with slight scratches on his back bumper. [:(]

In fact the taxi driver(front) wanted to settle with me for $20 to $30 but i told him let's just take down particulars for the 4 cars.

The last car behind(4th car) is a rather young chap. I am not sure what is his damages like as it was raining rather heavily at that point. But I can only guess that he knocked into the third car.

In such situation what is my liability? I am going down to the workshop tomorrow for repair. [:(]

Don't tell me its the accident along ECP?

Just careful with dealing taxi driver, some but not all but most very cunning. On the spot yes yes, go back chu pattern liao.

Becos I kena before and so that is my experience.

Just now called my workshop and was advised should be ok to settle with taxi(infront) provided there is black and white. I have arranged with the taxi driver to meet me tomorrow at the workshop to settle it. At least with my workshop boss i am more confident of what to do next.

Sorry to her that bro. I was involved in a chain accident few yrs back, I was also 2nd car fom front, but total 7 cars in the chain [:/] Whatever the case, whether you settle private or wad, Jz write everything down in the accident report to insurance company. In my case, my WS also settle everything, din affect my insurance cuz I think all claim the last car ...

In this situation....claim gao gao....you have a new coat of pain lor...don't be too sad lah....s--t happen

But bro i don't have to worry for my next insurance premium and NCD hor? My NCD max leh.

no worries because u privately settle with the taxi in front and claim 3rd party from the taxi behind, no issue with insurance if your WS knows what to do.

I think most accidents can be prevented. Just that most drivers nvr understand wtf is braking distance or safe distance. No matter how good is the car, doing 100 km/h, maintaining less than 2 cars distance, u think u can stop in time?? Esp when raining.

Drive car must have 4 eyes open. Front, back, left n right. Safe infront? Have u chek your rear?

Dun regret onli when something bad happens.

Nvr fail to amaze me seeing ah beng drivers tailgating cars at high speed. Simply brainless. :blink:

Yah I know cheap cheap. But during that time raining heavily and all of us were drenched. Even had difficulty writing down particulars let alone write any indemnify proof. But I did tell him I will consider which I did and that's why called him to meet at Worksop tomorrow.

Edited by Fivegear

Yah I know cheap cheap. But during that time raining heavily and all of us were drenched. Even had difficulty writing down particulars let alone write any indemnify proof. But I did tell him I will consider which I did and that's why called him to meet at Worksop tomorrow.

the 2nd most important things, did you take photos of all the cars damages?

↡ Advertisement