Why is expressway entrance always located before exit?

Viceroymenthol

When they were planning and building the expressways, didn't it occur to them that this will always cause a traffic jam due to lane-changing and possibly high chance of accidents??

↡ Advertisement

When they were planning and building the expressways, didn't it occur to them that this will always cause a traffic jam due to lane-changing and possibly high chance of accidents??

bcos of ppl and Qn like this, soon we open another folder call LTA come here

knn...u post to tuck Yew can anot.....or u go work LTA.....

orh solly solly lah boss [:p]

no seriously i really want to understand if there is a special reason they did it like that.

there MUST be a reason... or else those scholars up there do what.

orh solly solly lah boss [:p]

no seriously i really want to understand if there is a special reason they did it like that.

there MUST be a reason... or else those scholars up there do what.

in Japan, i understand such bottlenecks are non existent......u got go der anot? besides looking for Geishas, u see road anot [laugh] [laugh]

in Japan, i understand such bottlenecks are non existent......u got go der anot? besides looking for Geishas, u see road anot [laugh] [laugh]

unfortunately no leh.. in japan i take bus, mrt, walk....

but in the US and Europe, exit is always before entrance... so i just wanna understand what's going on in LTA's minds when they built it like that.... surely there is a logical reason

Edited by Viceroymenthol

unfortunately no leh.. in japan i take bus, mrt, walk....

but in the US and Europe, exit is always before entrance... so i just wanna understand what's going on in LTA's minds when they built it like that.... surely there is a logical reason

u hv a point now that i think of it. Clear example is the bloody KPE...ccb

Singapore road so congested, so many intersections. So it is inevitable that previous entrance just happen to be near to next exit. Singapore expressway is not nshw where expressway exit are far apart from each other.

I'm going to guess that it's meant for those hor lan drivers who take a wrong turn onto the expressway. Then they can exit immediately.

I didn't say that my guess would be a good reason though. :huh:

I'm going to guess that it's meant for those hor lan drivers who take a wrong turn onto the expressway. Then they can exit immediately.

I didn't say that my guess would be a good reason though. :huh:

Space constraints. Singapore where got so much land for normal road and expressway run parallel. I mean if want entrance and exit to be far from each other would require parallel road given so many road intersections.

Now ts complain that entrance and exit are close to each other causing congestion, wait till he see how is it like to be stuck at many traffic light before got 1 filter to entry of expressway, if it would to run parallel to each other.

Neutral Newbie

so that pple who make the wrong exit, can re-join at the entrance very shortly?

expressway will be more difficult to build if the exit is before entrance....cos they will overlap

bcos of ppl and Qn like this, soon we open another folder call LTA come here

knn...u post to tuck Yew can anot.....or u go work LTA.....

then can change the title to LTA LIP LAI? :D

Singapore road so congested, so many intersections. So it is inevitable that previous entrance just happen to be near to next exit. Singapore expressway is not nshw where expressway exit are far apart from each other.

You are right. For NSHW, where the exits are 10s of kilometres apart, obviously the exit is before the entrance (from the same trunk road).

In Singapore our feeder roads are so near to each other, often less than 1 km apart, hence the entrance from the first feeder road is a short distance from exit to next road. Example Clementi Avenue 2 and Clementi Road with AYE (City).

i dun really get TS's point of view...the exit is usually before the entrance right? for example..fort road exit is before the fort road entrance ECP towards changi/city...

the entrance and exit scenario happens yes..but is because the exit is meant to come before the next entrance point, no?

IMO, TS is referring on the traffic cross lane (expressway) before exit. This contribute to slow flow of traffic and resulted jam during peak hrs. Like our bro mentioned, the entrance and exit is too near (within 1km).

LTA has flaw in the design and did not cater for current traffic situation. The no. of traffic has grew to this number and current 3 lane expressway is not sufficient to cope with heave traffic flow.

Worst, the LTA did not really survey enough on traffic situation and need public to feedback on the improvements.

Every new traffic junction implemented on the road is a form of flow obstruction and it is always not sync to traffic light 300M down the road. The light timing also did not cater long enough for heavy traffic start and stop momentum.

↡ Advertisement