Car Curtains

Kelpie

Hi all,

I used to install the curtains for my ex-car. This installer would come by your place and install for you. Usually he carries several dimensions for different car types and mades.

Anyone know where to find him or can recommend a workshop that does that? Looking for quality material and good workmanship.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Is it legal?

I've heard that it's not. Because just like dark window films, it's more difficult to check blind spots with curtains on.

Neutral Newbie

I believe its illegal if you use the curtains fully while driving. But I doubt any TP will stop you if its properly tied up on the move... I might be wrong tho as I dont use them and never will haha...

Neutral Newbie

I believe its illegal if you use the curtains fully while driving. But I doubt any TP will stop you if its properly tied up on the move... I might be wrong tho as I dont use them and never will haha...

I always had my curtains drawn out fully all the time on the roads while driving & TPs & LTA ofiicers have rode by my car several times w/o even batting and eyelid to ask me to pull over....hehehe

BTW, there is no regulations on installation of curtains on our rides, only the window tinting of the glass panels & windscreen that's subject to fines & LTA inspections.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I always had my curtains drawn out fully all the time on the roads while driving & TPs & LTA ofiicers have rode by my car several times w/o even batting and eyelid to ask me to pull over....hehehe

BTW, there is no regulations on installation of curtains on our rides, only the window tinting of the glass panels & windscreen that's subject to fines & LTA inspections.

oh ok. But hor bro *touch wood* dont think its safe lor... I guess TP/LTA wont action on this until it really proves to be hazardeous on the roads with real incidents...

Edited by Vinceyeo

I have the curtains fully drawn also.

Actually can still see out. Even at night. No problems. It is like the bus, pokadot sticker.

TP so far no action, even at road block.

Much more effective than window tint for heat rejection.

Best $300 I spend on the car.

I very KS. Read the LTA car mod site many times. Nothing about curtains.

i know what i'm about to say isn't going to go down well with many bros here.

if you want to install curtains, please don't endanger the lives of other road users. if you want to crash and burn with your family, go ahead. but don't do it at the expense of other innocent road users.

it's no doubt useful for privacy and keeping the sun out, but keep our roads safe.

i know there are responsible bros out there, but i think anybody with such curtains should be responsible and tie ALL of them up properly when you are driving and only use them when stationary. there are many times where i've seen drivers draw the rears ones completely and about 3/4 in the front. they change lanes without being able to check blind spots. i've experience near-miss accidents and seen a fair share of others (including changing lanes into a motorcycle).

it's still not illegal to have them, but it only takes one fatal accident before curtains are banned. and any casualty is one too many.

Hi,

U may go to Autobac to buy the ready-made car curtains, these curtain comes in many sizes and material. Drive ur car to autobac n ask the staff to assist u in choosing the right size. [thumbsup]

For a more professional installation you can get the staff to help, think they charge about $20+ for the labour to do the installation.

All in all you save more than 50% in cost this way than to do "customised" car curtain. Result is about the same as customised curtain.

Neutral Newbie

不要啦。。。超UGLY...car window curtian reminds me of those cheap tour bus to Malaysia and sometimes looking like a funeral transport leh...

I have the curtains fully drawn also.

Actually can still see out. Even at night. No problems. It is like the bus, pokadot sticker.

TP so far no action, even at road block.

Much more effective than window tint for heat rejection.

Best $300 I spend on the car.

I very KS. Read the LTA car mod site many times. Nothing about curtains.

Yah .... car got curtains is good .... [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

But it should be use only when the car is stationary.

不要啦。。。超UGLY...car window curtian reminds me of those cheap tour bus to Malaysia and sometimes looking like a funeral transport leh...

Yes, agree as it reminds me of those coaches and funeral transport bus and it is very cheapo cos every car accessories shop also can install. [thumbsup]