2 din head unit

Kurty

my current sony 2 din unit has been on and off lately, i think it's the power connection that is loose.

been searching for a 2 din unit but notice some dealers are selling the units like pioneer alone without any warranty.. why is that so?

anyone can advise where can i purchase cheap 2 din unit, i don't mind oversea or website since local doesn't come with warranty.

well, my budget is looking at $300.

of course, i don't really ask much. DVD, touch screen panel, USB and bluetooth. laugh.gif

is bangkok cheaper? as i'm going there month end, could use this chance to buy.

looking at Pioneer DVD player, Model no – AVH-1450DVD but this unit doesn't come with bluetooth. but also ok, since i already have a bluetooth too..

my usage will only be USD and bluetooth. touch screen only for aesthetic only biggrin.gif

↡ Advertisement

my current sony 2 din unit has been on and off lately, i think it's the power connection that is loose.

been searching for a 2 din unit but notice some dealers are selling the units like pioneer alone without any warranty.. why is that so?

anyone can advise where can i purchase cheap 2 din unit, i don't mind oversea or website since local doesn't come with warranty.

well, my budget is looking at $300.

of course, i don't really ask much. DVD, touch screen panel, USB and bluetooth. [laugh]

is bangkok cheaper? as i'm going there month end, could use this chance to buy.

looking at Pioneer DVD player, Model no

Supercharged

I hope you are not using the power on/off reason as an excuse to change your existing HU? [laugh]

Just visit an accessory shop and let them check for you why the power on/off lah...

Anyway why bother about it since you are likely to sell off your ride soon? :o

I hope you are not using the power on/off reason as an excuse to change your existing HU? [laugh]

Just visit an accessory shop and let them check for you why the power on/off lah...

Anyway why bother about it since you are likely to sell off your ride soon? :o

Opps, you got me again..

The pioneer 2 din hu very tempting.. very cool..

Ok loh, looks like i have to go jb this coming sat for diagnosis..

Opps, you got me again..

The pioneer 2 din hu very tempting.. very cool..

Ok loh, looks like i have to go jb this coming sat for diagnosis..

you wanna go all the way to JB just to diagnose the problem?

You kidding me?

Unless you're going there to visit relatives or do shopping, isn't it penny wise pound foolish?

Pioneer HU's look cool but the coolness wears off after awhile where i see it as merely a device that plays different media.

Supercharged

you wanna go all the way to JB just to diagnose the problem?

You kidding me?

Unless you're going there to visit relatives or do shopping, isn't it penny wise pound foolish?

Pioneer HU's look cool but the coolness wears off after awhile where i see it as merely a device that plays different media.

well, it's cheaper over there. ^_^

plus can go there to catch a movie or a meal

i don't know what's the rate like in SG, i assume $50 for diagnosis?

apart from the coolness, was told that pioneer gave better sound quality.

i do have some mini ICE step up in ride, amp, after market speakers and a sub

well, it's cheaper over there. ^_^

plus can go there to catch a movie or a meal

i don't know what's the rate like in SG, i assume $50 for diagnosis?

apart from the coolness, was told that pioneer gave better sound quality.

i do have some mini ICE step up in ride, amp, after market speakers and a sub

Well i don't know for sure.

I would personally take the HU out myself and figure out what the problem is.

Rather than have the shop tell me that my HU is completely screwed and suggest buying a new one.

It's not that hard to remove the HU from your dash.

I installed my car's sound system by myself using a bunch of screw drivers, solder, heat shrink and a lighter.

it's supposed to. well for their reference series.

Their mass market HU's are supposedly inferior to alpine if you ask "audiophiles".

Don't know how true cos i've not owned an alpine.

Mine's very basic.

DEH-6350SD with 2 Rockford Fosgate T142s and R152s

Pioneer just launched their new line of multimedia receivers, AVH-X5550BT, AVH-X4550DVD, AVH-X2550BT and AVH-X1550DVD.

Have you heard? no price list given yet, but i've been going back to their FB page to check if there are any updates.

anyway, it seems the units are more integrated with iPhone 4s (no news on 5 yet) and also Android phones, and comes with an updated mixtrax programme for music mixes.

you might wanna consider these, but i havent read any reviews so far so i also dont mind getting more info on these.

Hi, You can buy one JVC KW-V830BT Double DIN Bluetooth 
I used it about 2 weeks and It's really Ok
It respond for everything I needed- Android auto, apple car play, back up camera ready.

I think Speed Final will help you choose right

Edited by Granty17
  • Dislike 1

Turbocharged

The year 2009 J32 Nissan Teana's audio system is quite obsolete. It comes with 6 CD changers but no usb port to play music from thumb drive. Who needs CD changers nowadays!?!

I believe for replacement, I need a 2 din head unit with usb port. What is the cheapest available? Of course it must be able to fit into the existing bracket of this old car.

Many thanks.

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement