Impatient F-ed up cabbie!

Green_carnation

From Marine Parade Road, I turned left to Joo Chiat Road towards I12. Those bros who know this stretch of road, it is usually quite packed as there are cars parked at the road side parking lots.

As I turned into this stretch of road, I slowly opened up a bit of space on the left. Suddenly the blue sonata cab sped up, trying to squeeze into the space I opened up.. The space was very narrow, maybe just nice to squeeze in the width of a car. There were cars parked in front, and I dunno why would he wanna squeeze in and just couldn't queue just like the rest.

He came so close to me that I felt he could almost hit me anytime. He realised there were parked cars in front, and couldn't squeeze through (in the first place there were not any space to squeeze at all), he braked at my blind spot. I turned to check, he saw me looking into his cabin.. He grumbled, first showed the 'WTF' hand gesture, the kept his other fingers and left the middle finger pointing at me.

He waited for me to move on then came behind me, started to honk at me.. but still had to also queue to turn left into East Coast Road, to enter I12. Red light at the junction, I was in front of Ding Tai Feng. While waiting for green light, I looked into rear view mirror again.. He pointed the middle finger, and kept emphasizing that gesture.. I showed him mine. Then this mad man, probably in his mid to late 60s, came up with many gestures, then started pointing at his in-car recorder.. must be telling me that he got whatever captured in his recorder! I didnt give a damn.. If I was in the wrong I would have just wave an apology.. But this time why should I? I drove on.. checking the rear view mirror.. saw his kept gesturing 'WTF!'..

Just lamenting.. It happened on Saturday evening, but I got pissed over the weekend. WTF.. Attached picture of the road that it happened..

post-21347-1349073378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Green_carnation
↡ Advertisement

This place is known for congestion, especially during weekends.

Going over to 112 is always a nightmare for me.

Exactly! I hate travelling around that area, east coast road during weekends especially in the evening when the dinner crowd starts to come in..

Nowadays no matter where also will encounter other cars couldn't queue just like the rest and jump queue. And these people even feel that they have the right of way and if you dont let them jump queue, they even point middle finger at you?! -_-

Nowadays no matter where also will encounter other cars couldn't queue just like the rest and jump queue. And these people even feel that they have the right of way and if you dont let them jump queue, they even point middle finger at you?! -_-

He as cabbie should know the congestions always at that stretch.. and there was nowhere for him to squeeze.. Crazy old man..

Just stopped your car and walk over to his and asked him 'what with him', can't see in front block and traffic is slow....

Like that, you could delay as much as 5 minutes of his time and he lagi .... [mad] while you [:)]

Its happen to me with those impatient taxi drivers. Traffic slow in front (jammed) and some more at traffic lights junction with 'yellow box', taxi driver horn & horn and expect me to drive into the 'yellow box'. I waited until 'Red' light turns 'green', on my harzard lights, walks over to the taxi driver and asked him 'what he wants'. Can't he see the 'yellow box' & traffic jam.

Talk until the light turns 'red', then I walk back to my car and wait for it to turn 'green'. He can jolly well wait for another 2 more minutes.... -_-

What if you met those unreasonable and road bully taxi driver? And he started to punch you or scold &*$#@ at you etc then how? :blink:

They should do away with those parking lots by the road...

its causing a hell load of jam because every car wants to stop there...

That will be an immediate solution to ease the congestion.. The road already so narrow with so many cars coming into the road and going into 3 directions.. Some wanna go straight, some wanna turn right, turn left..

Just stopped your car and walk over to his and asked him 'what with him', can't see in front block and traffic is slow....

Like that, you could delay as much as 5 minutes of his time and he lagi .... [mad] while you [:)]

Its happen to me with those impatient taxi drivers. Traffic slow in front (jammed) and some more at traffic lights junction with 'yellow box', taxi driver horn & horn and expect me to drive into the 'yellow box'. I waited until 'Red' light turns 'green', on my harzard lights, walks over to the taxi driver and asked him 'what he wants'. Can't he see the 'yellow box' & traffic jam.

Talk until the light turns 'red', then I walk back to my car and wait for it to turn 'green'. He can jolly well wait for another 2 more minutes.... -_-

hahahahaa.. he must have banged balls. I didnt wanna cause more commotion. As you will know that road could have caused much frustrations and impatience in the drivers there.. If I stopped, later kena cursed and swear by others..

What if you met those unreasonable and road bully taxi driver? And he started to punch you or scold &*$#@ at you etc then how? :blink:

I am waiting for him to punch as road bully will ended up in jail .... [smash]

Just like a footballer, play acting machiam very hurt & painful, call for police .... [sly]

But these days really dunno what to expect.. I feel like these days people are more violent and hot-tempered..

But these days really dunno what to expect.. I feel like these days people are more violent and hot-tempered..

True, now people tend to be more violent, hot tempered, impatient and unreasonable even they are in the wrong. [shakehead]

.... While waiting for green light, I looked into rear view mirror again.. He pointed the middle finger, and kept emphasizing that gesture.. I showed him mine. Then this mad man, probably in his mid to late 60s, came up with many gestures, then started pointing at his in-car recorder.. must be telling me that he got whatever captured in his recorder! I didnt give a damn..

Whatever your allegations / version of sequence of events is, ... he probably has footage of you making an offensive gesture - irrefutable evidence perhaps?

Last I remembered, this is still deemed an offence in SG's statutes, no?

You can claim that he flipped the bird at you 1,000 times, and you only retaliated once. But, .. can you prove it? Cos he certainly can prove that you're guilty of making that offensive gesture.

I am waiting for him to punch as road bully will ended up in jail .... [smash]

Just like a footballer, play acting machiam very hurt & painful, call for police .... [sly]

Then can sue him for causing injuries.. Over the years my balls shrunken hahahaa..

Remember once at Bedok South, turning into the road towards the direction of Tanah Merah Mrt station.. A mazda 3, P Plate, driven by an early 20s malay guy with his gang of 4 passengers, wound down windows, smoking, loud music.. Wanna turn left at slip road but kept at right lane.. Sped up and suddenly wanna swerve into my lane. Must be showing of to his gang.. but I already entering slip road.. Almost hitting into my car! I showed him the WTF gesture.. He not happy, came behind be and started to honk... and pushed me.. I sped up on the left lane, he followed suit and took the right lane and came beside me.. Pointed middle finger and shouted.. I pointed back, shouted back, WTF you crazy f--ker, how you drive! Some vulgarities exchanged in the short distance.. His friends all zipped, only he hero.. then challenged me, pointing at the turn to before Tanah Merah to stop and talk!..

My parents were in the car.. They got shocked and scared.. As the f--ker turned towards Tanah Merah Mrt station, I turned left.. After that, I recalled back.. since when my balls got swelled so big and got into that.. These kinda people cos of pride they could do just anything..

True, now people tend to be more violent, hot tempered, impatient and unreasonable even they are in the wrong. [shakehead]

Yeah so now as long as I can stomach, I would choose to move on.. Can avoid clashes, better avoid..

hahahahaa.. he must have banged balls. I didnt wanna cause more commotion. As you will know that road could have caused much frustrations and impatience in the drivers there.. If I stopped, later kena cursed and swear by others..

another incident is those taxi driver who like to flash 'highbeam' at you when the traffic light just turn 'green' not even 2 seconds & expecting you to chiong ahead.

at the next traffic lights, same thing, one taxi driver did that to me and I switched 'on' my hazard lights, when out and go one round my car checking everything. When over to him and politely asked 'are you trying alert me that something is wrong with my car', I checked and found nothing wrong. Did it when traffic was 'green'.

Driver look at me and LL and when the light was 'red', went back and wait for the next 'green' light. As you know, driving inside Toa Payoh, a lot of short distance traffic lights and not in same timing. One junction could be 'green' and the other junction of 50 meters ahead could be 'red'... [mad]

Edited by Picnic06

Just come down of your vehicle and walk towards his window to ask him what is his problem. Most of the taxi drivers only dare to act garang in their vehicle. You confront them, they will simply lock the doors and look straight. Been there done that.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement