Impatient F-ed up cabbie!

Green_carnation

Whatever your allegations / version of sequence of events is, ... he probably has footage of you making an offensive gesture - irrefutable evidence perhaps?

Last I remembered, this is still deemed an offence in SG's statutes, no?

You can claim that he flipped the bird at you 1,000 times, and you only retaliated once. But, .. can you prove it? Cos he certainly can prove that you're guilty of making that offensive gesture.

True.. that's what I can think of also.. The whole footage happened, he was behind the camera.. So he knew very well, he wasnt caught in it showing me the middle finger, not once but several times. Only disadvantage was how he tried to squeeze, and the way he was trying to cut..

↡ Advertisement

another incident is those taxi driver who like to flash 'highbeam' at you when the traffic light just turn 'green' not even 2 seconds & expecting you to chiong ahead.

at the next traffic lights, same thing, one taxi driver did that to me and I switched 'on' my hazard lights, when out and go one round my car checking everything. When over to him and politely asked 'are you trying alert me that something is wrong with my car', I checked and found nothing wrong. Did it when traffic was 'green'.

Driver look at me and LL and when the light was 'red', went back and wait for the next 'green' light. As you know, driving inside Toa Payoh, a lot of short distance traffic lights and not in same timing. One junction could be 'green' and the other junction of 50 meters ahead could be 'red'... [mad]

hahahaa.. this one I got balls to do. But really these cabbies, damn blardy impatient! Some even small roads also they wanna speed...

Just come down of your vehicle and walk towards his window to ask him what is his problem. Most of the taxi drivers only dare to act garang in their vehicle. You confront them, they will simply lock the doors and look straight. Been there done that.

Frankly I cannot bring myself to do that.. Just worry things get outta hand..

Just think about the better things in life than to be angry with people like this.

Once I was driving along club street looking for a carpark and when I saw one I put on hazard light and slow to a stop to try to parallel park. Then I heard a shout from an old man on a motorbike behind me. From the rear window I saw he stopped in time but yet he pushed his bike to hit my car from the rear to vent his anger. Then he rode to my driver side and scolded me for stopping on a slope. I guess he was not happy maybe because when he stopped on a slope he almost couldn't balance to prevent the bike from rolling backward. First time I see people in the wrong yet can be so thick skin to scold others. I didn't even say a word because I was still trying to figure out what went wrong.

Just think about the better things in life than to be angry with people like this.

Once I was driving along club street looking for a carpark and when I saw one I put on hazard light and slow to a stop to try to parallel park. Then I heard a shout from an old man on a motorbike behind me. From the rear window I saw he stopped in time but yet he pushed his bike to hit my car from the rear to vent his anger. Then he rode to my driver side and scolded me for stopping on a slope. I guess he was not happy maybe because when he stopped on a slope he almost couldn't balance to prevent the bike from rolling backward. First time I see people in the wrong yet can be so thick skin to scold others. I didn't even say a word because I was still trying to figure out what went wrong.

Old man menopause! Funny this society.. people have become so stressed and insane that they got nowhere to vent their anger.. and take it like all the faults lie with others but themselves..

Another way is they will get their Taxi brothers to gather and bully furthermore.

Oh yeah.. Just read in the papers (think is chinese papers) that the cabbies have their gang codes.. When they are in troubles of different nature, they will send signal codes to their fellow cabbies to round for support..

Like i said before, many people now very thick skin and unreasonable, even they are in the wrong and created the mistakes, and yet they have the cheek to vent their anger on others.

Oh yeah.. Just read in the papers (think is chinese papers) that the cabbies have their gang codes.. When they are in troubles of different nature, they will send signal codes to their fellow cabbies to round for support..

I think 'the gangs' are more interested in picking up more passengers to make ends meet then to round up and cause problems which they can get into trouble and lose their licenses.

Like one of the other comments, confronted a few taxi drivers when I was in a really bad mood and they sit in their car, wind down the window a bit. Most act blur and toned down. Challenged a few to get out but so far none... but their passengers looked frightened. A few times I turned to ask the passengers for their view if I was wrong or the driver KL. I remembered a young couple pointed at the taxi driver once while they sat through the ordeal...haha. There was also a lady who told us that she don't know, she just 'sit inside only'. haha

I find many times no need to be nice to taxi drivers, cause they dont deserve it. But also dont purposely find trouble with them, and if they try to be funny on the road, just flash and horn at them. <_<

Another way is they will get their Taxi brothers to gather and bully furthermore.

U think too much. No wonder kenna bully by taxi drivers.

Turbocharged

I think 'the gangs' are more interested in picking up more passengers to make ends meet then to round up and cause problems which they can get into trouble and lose their licenses.

Like one of the other comments, confronted a few taxi drivers when I was in a really bad mood and they sit in their car, wind down the window a bit. Most act blur and toned down. Challenged a few to get out but so far none... but their passengers looked frightened. A few times I turned to ask the passengers for their view if I was wrong or the driver KL. I remembered a young couple pointed at the taxi driver once while they sat through the ordeal...haha. There was also a lady who told us that she don't know, she just 'sit inside only'. haha

So many times you have problems with taxi?

In 23 years of driving, I have yet to have an instance of road rage bad enough to get out of car - either for me or for someone else. I think you are doing something wrong.

hahahaa.. quite true.. making a living is more important, unless their buddies talk about 'yi qi'.. but how much is 'yi qi' these days..

That one is a distress button la when they got rob or wack the radio will transmit distress signal to all taxi driver to proceed to help.

That one is a distress button la when they got rob or wack the radio will transmit distress signal to all taxi driver to proceed to help.

make me feel they are telling people dun mess with them, or they will rally for their gang and fight.. hahaha..

The only code so far exposed : Income Opportunity

Neutral Newbie

From Marine Parade Road, I turned left to Joo Chiat Road towards I12. Those bros who know this stretch of road, it is usually quite packed as there are cars parked at the road side parking lots.

As I turned into this stretch of road, I slowly opened up a bit of space on the left. Suddenly the blue sonata cab sped up, trying to squeeze into the space I opened up.. The space was very narrow, maybe just nice to squeeze in the width of a car. There were cars parked in front, and I dunno why would he wanna squeeze in and just couldn't queue just like the rest.

He came so close to me that I felt he could almost hit me anytime. He realised there were parked cars in front, and couldn't squeeze through (in the first place there were not any space to squeeze at all), he braked at my blind spot. I turned to check, he saw me looking into his cabin.. He grumbled, first showed the 'WTF' hand gesture, the kept his other fingers and left the middle finger pointing at me.

He waited for me to move on then came behind me, started to honk at me.. but still had to also queue to turn left into East Coast Road, to enter I12. Red light at the junction, I was in front of Ding Tai Feng. While waiting for green light, I looked into rear view mirror again.. He pointed the middle finger, and kept emphasizing that gesture.. I showed him mine. Then this mad man, probably in his mid to late 60s, came up with many gestures, then started pointing at his in-car recorder.. must be telling me that he got whatever captured in his recorder! I didnt give a damn.. If I was in the wrong I would have just wave an apology.. But this time why should I? I drove on.. checking the rear view mirror.. saw his kept gesturing 'WTF!'..

Just lamenting.. It happened on Saturday evening, but I got pissed over the weekend. WTF.. Attached picture of the road that it happened..

Ya that side 112 really packed.

Many car and also many people crossing the road.

By the time those people finish crossing the road, only 3 to 4 car can turn then the 5th car kana red light.

Hence the road starts to get jam up.

As for the Taxi driver, they never calm down and reflect on themselves.

Wait a bit won't harm one, if he rush and konck into other car how?

Point at his lousy car cam and say he got evidence.

Evidence his head, I think he don't even dare talks about his car cam as it's all recorded is his fault.

TS I think you know what is right or wrong.

Don't let other's panic you, just drive safely to protect yourself.

Dont's rush and keep cool.

Park your car in 112 and go toast-box lim "KPOI" and laught at that TAXI driver.

You enjoy your life as he still on the road fighting with many car outside.

Neutral Newbie

You must be the size of a wrestler lol

See your moving chest muscle "tionk" "tionk" all taxi driver became "meow" lol

Edited by Ditiang
↡ Advertisement