RT Training under the "New Enhanced IPPT" Scheme

Theoldjaffa

hi all,

need advice from those who attended the RT sessions under the new IPPT scheme (9 months window for IPPT, then 3 months for RT).

first time kena RT.. need to know if we have to go for all 20 compulsory sessions or not? Or is there an IPPT session conducted on the 1st or 4th or whichever session, after which if i pass i need not go for RT anymore?

tried searching ns.sg and mindef website, they did not mention anything about this.

damn sian to go RT.. sibeh waste time sia.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

hi all,

need advice from those who attended the RT sessions under the new IPPT scheme (9 months window for IPPT, then 3 months for RT).

first time kena RT.. need to know if we have to go for all 20 compulsory sessions or not? Or is there an IPPT session conducted on the 1st or 4th or whichever session, after which if i pass i need not go for RT anymore?

tried searching ns.sg and mindef website, they did not mention anything about this.

damn sian to go RT.. sibeh waste time sia.

It's mentioned in www.ns.sg but it takes a bit of searching. [laugh]

Is your window still open?

From the date of your window closing, is there more than 3 months?

(e.g. Window close 30 April, 3 months before 30 April is reserved for compulsory RT. Before these 3 months window, you can book IPT)

Usually, in between, if you book your own IPPT session and passed, you still will out-pro RT. So don't really have to wait for the 1st, 4th, last session to clear.

take RT positively then u wont feel sian.

for ppl like me who exercise regularly but cant pass IPPT due to chinup and standing board jump, i treat RT like any other day training.

of course la, for ppl who dont exercise, going RT is a drag.

look at it this way

which fitness centre will provide

all exercise equipment and trainers FOC

and still pay you to train?

:D

It's mentioned in www.ns.sg but it takes a bit of searching. [laugh]

Is your window still open?

From the date of your window closing, is there more than 3 months?

(e.g. Window close 30 April, 3 months before 30 April is reserved for compulsory RT. Before these 3 months window, you can book IPT)

Usually, in between, if you book your own IPPT session and passed, you still will out-pro RT. So don't really have to wait for the 1st, 4th, last session to clear.

The previous system was slightly different. Anyway,

1. Last 3 month before window close is for your RT.

2. 20 session is compulsory i guess. But last year, i missed 4 session, and was unable to extend(Old system was given 2 months to complete, and 1 mth extension if you request). So far, nothing happen.

3. IPPT on 8th lesson and 14th lesson. be sure to book ur 8th and 14th session on a Tues or Thurs. If pass, you will not be required to attend RT anymore.

and if possible, maju is the best(slack). heard from some RT regulars, kranji is the worst(nvr tried, but heard PTI will treat you like recuit). But then again, if you aim to pass, should be no issue.

all the best

Edited by SGCMdodobird

The previous system was slightly different. Anyway,

1. Last 3 month before window close is for your RT.

2. 20 session is compulsory i guess. But last year, i missed 4 session, and was unable to extend(Old system was given 2 months to complete, and 1 mth extension if you request). So far, nothing happen.

3. IPPT on 8th lesson and 14th lesson. be sure to book ur 8th and 14th session on a Tues or Thurs. If pass, you will not be required to attend RT anymore.

and if possible, maju is the best(slack). heard from some RT regulars, kranji is the worst(nvr tried, but heard PTI will treat you like recuit). But then again, if you aim to pass, should be no issue.

all the best

I thought some bros mention that do away with PTI now have professional fitness trainer?

I thought some bros mention that do away with PTI now have professional fitness trainer?

Even now they have outsource PTI job? [:/]

Edited by 13177

eversince my ns i have never failed my ippt and till my 12 yr cycle have never attended RT. Actually should be 13 yrs cycle but i got downgraded due to broken wrist! But there was one IPPt when the pti said i failed as he had mistaken me for a cat x instead of a cat y. He told me i had failed my 2.4 timing and had to go fot RT and just wait for the letter. Month pass by and no letter came and i had to call and check my status with my unit. Make me sweat for no reason! [smash][smash]

downgrade la..si beh waste time this IPPT thing... cannot pass IPPT doesn't mean not fit lor.

that is true. for my case. i exercise regularly, jogging, cycling swimming and yet not good enough to pass but i dont feel bad about it.

however, there are NSmen who dont even exercise and u see them struggling like a sick man just running 1 round. i used to be like them until i put the motivation to shed off 12kg in 5mths and enjoy exercising, i realise how healthy n happy im ever.

that is true. for my case. i exercise regularly, jogging, cycling swimming and yet not good enough to pass but i dont feel bad about it.

however, there are NSmen who dont even exercise and u see them struggling like a sick man just running 1 round. i used to be like them until i put the motivation to shed off 12kg in 5mths and enjoy exercising, i realise how healthy n happy im ever.

erm...i hate cardio workouts like running, jogging.. my work outs consist mainly of weights lifting, sit ups, push ups....sometime still force myself to run la..but only on treadmills.. hate the feeling of breathlessness... so you should guess that my IPPT killer is always the 2.4km run... but then had downgraded due to knee injury. phew...

To TS, I am currently doing IPT. U can opt to convert ur RT to IPT if it is your 1st time. Then u just need to go for 10 IPT sessions at ur own time within the 1st 9 mths. During which the 1st and 10th session is the IPPT test.

However, u just need to pass the PPT target during the IPT. So during the 9 mths if u can meet the PPT targets. u are considered cleared and no need to continue the IPT. If after 10 sessions, u cannot pass, u have to go for 8 more RT sessions during the last 3 mths.

but u need cardio for stamina leh.

They said having muscles do not equate to Fit cos stamina more impt than muscles and it trains ur heart?

but u need cardio for stamina leh.

They said having muscles do not equate to Fit cos stamina more impt than muscles and it trains ur heart?

Then Im not fit lor. :mellow:

I just hate to just run..find it meaningless.. i rather play football.. at least its fun.

erm...i hate cardio workouts like running, jogging.. my work outs consist mainly of weights lifting, sit ups, push ups....sometime still force myself to run la..but only on treadmills.. hate the feeling of breathlessness... so you should guess that my IPPT killer is always the 2.4km run... but then had downgraded due to knee injury. phew...

I guess you are towards building up muscle and toning up your body rather than stamina. But heard that if you are into gym, you cannot do cardio too much since it will affect the growing and bulking of your body.

I remember during the IPPT 2.4km run test, saw one guy who is very muscular and big, and he was having difficulty completing his 2.4km.