SH AXN - Last Resort

Vulcann

Any bros watched this just now?

For those haven't seen and intend to watch it later some how, be forewarned of what's about to be discussed [rolleyes]

A boomer going rogue?

That's a super nightmare for any sitting US president and his merry men.

Of course in this show it was portrayed that the sub was attacked after her CO & XO refused to carry out an authenticated order to launch nukes against Pakistan, which then led the officers and men on board to sail to an island paradise but with unfriendly folks to escape the hostile force/s.

Oh did I mention that prior to being given order to launch the missiles they picked up a mysterious team of hard-nosed SEALs who apparently returned from a classified mission?

The premier episode reminded me of a chilling sub movie Crimson Tide years back which I think like-minded bros would remember as well.

Of course the story this time turned out to be something entirely different after the end of the 1st part.

And launching a nuke against DC just to play chicken with 2 incoming Lancers (not Mitsubishis but made by Rockwell/Boeing hor [laugh] [laugh] ) was the highlight of the show [thumbsup]

Well, it got me hooked and will definitely look forward to subsequent episodes.

Oh did I also mention the gals are HOT???!!!

[laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

The fictional boomer USS Colorado SSBN-753 in the show was based on a Ohio-class Trident sub such as the real USS Alaska SSBN-732 below:

USS_Alaska_SSBN-732_1-12web.jpg

Source: https://www.designed4submariners.com/Ohio_SSBN_Class.html

This is the real McCoy USS Colorado, a Virginia-class attack sub SSN-788:

uss-colorado.jpg

Source: http://brianallmerradionetwork.wordpress.c...aming-ceremony/

NB: The "N" before the pennant number means it is a nuclear-propelled vessel.

(edited)

launching a nuke against DC

:blink:

the writer of this show must be garang enuf to come up with a story with anti-US plot

Errrr.. dude you gota watch the show to know why the CO & XO launched a nuke-tipped Trident against their capital...

[wave]

Edited by Vulcann

I caught the pilot but not eps2 yet...from pilot, its quite an exciting show as I like sub action anyway...however, to think that the cap can just hijack a Trident class sub and hold the US at bay...quite a stretch...

I caught the pilot but not eps2 yet...from pilot, its quite an exciting show as I like sub action anyway...however, to think that the cap can just hijack a Trident class sub and hold the US at bay...quite a stretch...

Haha they say in the US ANYTHING can happen so just treat these shows as.... well just shows lo [;)]

I still prefer watching Homeland. Season 2 just came out.

The enemy within.

Yep it's always the enemy within that is diffcult to defeat and overcome.

Which is why the US military's Oath of Enlistment (similar to our SAF pledge) is inclusive of this part:

In the Armed Forces EXCEPT the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

In the National Guard (Army or Air)

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

Source: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthem...athofenlist.htm

Even their Oath of Allegiance for new citizens is similarly phrased:

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_of_Alleg...(United_States)

2nd episode.

More drama...

The boomer crew led by the XO fought [rifle] on land against......

no not the natives,

nor 82nd or 101st,

nor Marines,

nor Rangers,

nor Green Berets,

nor Delta operators,

and not even SEALs.

So who exactly did they fight with & resulting in their own 5 KIAs?

Spetsnaz [nod]

The show really gets interesting now...

Won't be surprise they go slug it out with King Neptune or Davy Jones himself next [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

Which channel is'Homeland' on????

Premiering this sunday on fox movies. Don't know the time though.

Shd download this hsow. Alot uncensored scenes.. just like strike back [:p]

I wonder how come Pakistan got nuke and no reply? I would think its WW3 after that...

THink pakistan not that tat big of a country....some more took two nuke...would have all wiped out.

Spetsnaz [nod]

The show really gets interesting now...

Won't be surprise they go slug it out with King Neptune or Davy Jones himself next [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

THe sniper guy whom took out the Spetsnaz think he attending cosplay or something....such funny war paint on the face.... [laugh] [laugh]

I wonder how come Pakistan got nuke and no reply? I would think its WW3 after that...

The story is slowly developing so have to wait and see...

Premiering this sunday on fox movies. Don't know the time though.

Shd download this hsow. Alot uncensored scenes.. just like strike back [:p]

Am waiting for premier of Falling Skies in AXN at 10pm tonight.

Heard its a us-versus-them End Of The World-type alien invasion series produced by Steven Spielberg so should [thumbsup] rt?

↡ Advertisement