AA car evaluation report for the second hand car I'm buying

Newdrive

Supercharged

The dealer did mentioned that the paint job was touched up...so that should explain the spray painting.

Engine oil seepage, does it mean a problem with the engine? Is an affordable repair available for it :o

The mileage is 78k

The issue is why there's a need to touch-up the paint? That reason would probably, and only can be explained by the ex-owner....

Engine oil seepage is "leaking slowly"...a normal working condition engine should not leak, although it can consume some EO after driven over some distances. Repair cost would depends on what needs to be done to sealed the leak!

So anyone can advice what will be the norm deposit to the dealer before sending to AA for inspection? As what a Bro mentioned earlier what if the dealer do not refund due to disagreement over the report. Also do you guys have to be present for the evaluation as well?

I recently bought a used car. I paid a deposit of $1k, subject to a satisfactory AA inspection report plus all the agreed freebies stated in the agreement. After which when inspection is done and loan is approved, I paid the rest of the deposit + first month installment + insurance + AA inspection fee.

I wasn't present for the inspection as I had work to do, so I left it to the car dealer. Anyway the report came back with the AA report signed and stamped, so I guess it should be okay.

The issue is why there's a need to touch-up the paint? That reason would probably, and only can be explained by the ex-owner....

Engine oil seepage is "leaking slowly"...a normal working condition engine should not leak, although it can consume some EO after driven over some distances. Repair cost would depends on what needs to be done to sealed the leak!

if its flywheel oil seal leak, then going to be major work

AA inspection is very detailed, if the dealer unwilling to go maybe it's because they are afraid it might return with a list like "Compo"? Buyer has the mentality that if the car is good it will return with black paper, however AA being safe will indicate whatever they deem is wear out or going to be worn.

In my opinion, Things to lookout for rank most important downwards:

1) Chassis/ Body (Any rework done before, if have meaning accident not light)

2) Engine Oil leakage/ visible carbon deposit (indicating engine problems)

3) Auto Transmission (Usually cost a bomb for repair)

Paintwork touch up is very normal as for used car dealers will do paintwork before putting them on market for sale.

My 2 cents :)

AA inspection is very detailed, if the dealer unwilling to go maybe it's because they are afraid it might return with a list like "Compo"? Buyer has the mentality that if the car is good it will return with black paper, however AA being safe will indicate whatever they deem is wear out or going to be worn.

In my opinion, Things to lookout for rank most important downwards:

1) Chassis/ Body (Any rework done before, if have meaning accident not light)

2) Engine Oil leakage/ visible carbon deposit (indicating engine problems)

3) Auto Transmission (Usually cost a bomb for repair)

Paintwork touch up is very normal as for used car dealers will do paintwork before putting them on market for sale.

My 2 cents :)

Thanks for sharing. Looks like AA car evaluation is quite thorough.

Hi All,

I'm currently intending to get a 2006 old which is around 7 years old.

Its my first time getting a car and i wish to go for AA inspection.

After reading thru 8 pages of this thread, i would like to clarify some item.

1) For AA evaluation, where do i send the car too? As when i look under their website, they have many car workshop under "AA approved workshop"

Is there a main workshop which only evaluate cars? or can i send to all those approve workshop?

2) Going to those 2nd dealer, upon agreement to allow me to send the car for inspection. Whats my next step?

3) How do i put a refundable deposit and how much roughly would it be?

Thanks in advance!

I always use AA, very detailed report. If the car had been in an accident and repainted, you should be able to tell from the report (ie. paint thickness gauge).

The reporting hand writings is worst than my family general practitioner :wacko:

I recently bought a used car. I paid a deposit of $1k, subject to a satisfactory AA inspection report plus all the agreed freebies stated in the agreement. After which when inspection is done and loan is approved, I paid the rest of the deposit + first month installment + insurance + AA inspection fee.

I wasn't present for the inspection as I had work to do, so I left it to the car dealer. Anyway the report came back with the AA report signed and stamped, so I guess it should be okay.

hi there, jus to check, is everything done very fast?... I got a fren who encountered a dealer whereby the AA inspection took quite long... end up the deal never go thru at all...

by any chance can u tell me which dealer u went to?... as I m currently sourcing around for my next ride and I assume your purchase went pretty smoothly...

Hi All,

I'm currently intending to get a 2006 old which is around 7 years old.

Its my first time getting a car and i wish to go for AA inspection.

After reading thru 8 pages of this thread, i would like to clarify some item.

1) For AA evaluation, where do i send the car too? As when i look under their website, they have many car workshop under "AA approved workshop"

Is there a main workshop which only evaluate cars? or can i send to all those approve workshop?

2) Going to those 2nd dealer, upon agreement to allow me to send the car for inspection. Whats my next step?

3) How do i put a refundable deposit and how much roughly would it be?

Thanks in advance!

1. not approved workshop... is their office / workshop at Leng Kee.

2. black and white agreement, you will not commit if the AA result not satisfactory. you dun have to pay any deposit actually but most probably u gotta pay dealer the AA charges for evaluation

3. u can dun put deposit, i didn't when i bought mine.

↡ Advertisement