AA car evaluation report for the second hand car I'm buying

Newdrive

Hope this thread is still relevant.

I went to some dealers to look at some cars. Many said they are willing to send for evaluation at Vicom or Sta, but they don't normally practise sending to AA.

Is that considered a red flag? They are willing to cover warranty for engine and gearbox.

As someone has mentioned, don't believe everything the dealer says. I bought my current car (which was serviced by agent from day 1 with receipts as proof). But the gearbox failed within 3 months. Had to bang table with the dealer (casetrust dealer btw) and he finally relented to foot 75% of the bill.

Buying second hand cars a bit of finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. I had 2 previous cars from the same make before and they served me well, so I was pretty confident with this one until i experienced gb failure. So cannot be so sure.

↡ Advertisement

As someone has mentioned, don't believe everything the dealer says. I bought my current car (which was serviced by agent from day 1 with receipts as proof). But the gearbox failed within 3 months. Had to bang table with the dealer (casetrust dealer btw) and he finally relented to foot 75% of the bill.

Buying second hand cars a bit of finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. I had 2 previous cars from the same make before and they served me well, so I was pretty confident with this one until i experienced gb failure. So cannot be so sure.

Your successful claim is an exception rather than the norm.

I highlighted a leaking rear Shock absorber studying the one week warranty period, and my claim was turned down, reason bring this is wear and tear.

true a lot of items under the sun can be deemed as "wear & tear" by second hand car dealers.

even the engine itself - since is not used by first owner.

I highlighted a leaking rear Shock absorber studying the one week warranty period, and my claim was turned down, reason bring this is wear and tear.

That's because  they were a CaseTrust company and I threatened to bring it up with Case since it was only 3 months that i took over the car (although I wasn't sure what Case's legal powers were). He initially wanted to bring in to his own workshop which would take 2-3 days and would foot the bill but I didn't trust. In the end, we settled for my own workshop (my mechanic which I trusted) and they foot 75% of the bill. Fair enough to me.

Edited by Mdfaz

but this is really wear and tear wor 

Hi guys

Borrowing this thread, would like to seek your inputs regarding AAS evaluation for a second hand ford focus Jan 2010 model.

My major concern is the gearbox and i think the car had minor fender bender..

Other than that not too much problesm for 7 year old car with 120K km mileage.

Your thoughts?

Thank you 

post-185263-0-33453600-1486475384.png

Wow they go to the extend of checking the fuel cap.

Brake spongy/vibration , could be a wrapped brake disc/engine mounts.

Jerk when coming to a stop, have to test drive urself then know leh.

For a 120k mileage car, I would say this report is DAMN GOOD ! All minor items ..................... 

Edited by Othello

For a 120k mileage car, I would say this report is DAMN GOOD ! All minor items ..................... 

Oh okay, yeah i'm thinking this car should be okay other than the minor faults.

Test drive was okay just car a little noisy.

Just need to get dealer to change the tyres, the timing belt and the engine mounting which could be a possible source for the vibrations.

Didnt know tyres are 8 years old, the rear one!!

Never changed before

Thanks for the input

Wow they go to the extend of checking the fuel cap.

Brake spongy/vibration , could be a wrapped brake disc/engine mounts.

Jerk when coming to a stop, have to test drive urself then know leh.

Yes dealer mentioned vibration could be from the engine mounts that may need to be changed..

Didnt know they check fuel cap lol 

Oh okay, yeah i'm thinking this car should be okay other than the minor faults.

Test drive was okay just car a little noisy.

Just need to get dealer to change the tyres, the timing belt and the engine mounting which could be a possible source for the vibrations.

2010 is still MK 2 right? Just Facelift .... 

Anyway, car is noisy because the sound insulation of MK 2 is atrocious ! 

To get a feel of how much the repairs/replacements will cost, call up Ford Stockist --> 

Hoover Auto

Address : 95 Desker Road S(209617)  spacer.gifspacer.gif Phone : 62943392 / 62949441

oh, dealer replacing, then dun bother. Just keep this for your future parts purchases. And Taobao have tons of stuff for Focus, really A LOT !!!! Or can just ask for straight discount, then you do yourself ? Anyway, which dealer so garang let you go AA. Many don't  [laugh] PM me the name please  [;)]

Hi, I'm looking at buying a COE Wish.

Am thinking of sending in for evaluation. Is AAS the preferred evaluation centre to go to as compared to Vicom and STA?

I called AAS up and they say they only do visual checking and won't hook up the car to any devices to check as compared to Vicom and STA.

For those that did evaluation, do you meet the dealer at the evaluation centre or just pay for it and let the dealer send it in for evaluation and wait for the report?

Advise much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

Can you give me the contact number or address of AA? Because when I google, it linked me to VICOM. Or is AA same as VICOM?

Hi,

Can you give me the contact number or address of AA? Because when I google, it linked me to VICOM. Or is AA same as VICOM?

go to www.aas.com.sg

2010 is still MK 2 right? Just Facelift .... 

Anyway, car is noisy because the sound insulation of MK 2 is atrocious ! 

To get a feel of how much the repairs/replacements will cost, call up Ford Stockist --> 

Hoover Auto

Address : 95 Desker Road S(209617)  spacer.gifspacer.gif Phone : 62943392 / 62949441

oh, dealer replacing, then dun bother. Just keep this for your future parts purchases. And Taobao have tons of stuff for Focus, really A LOT !!!! Or can just ask for straight discount, then you do yourself ? Anyway, which dealer so garang let you go AA. Many don't  [laugh] PM me the name please  [;)]

Lol yeah think should be MK 2 focus.

Dealer is A**** motoring, guess they they are worthy of the premium dealer award aha.

↡ Advertisement