How To Get Netflix On Ps3

NightWind

Hi all I know that it is possible to get Netflix, Hulu, Pandora etc via a VPN US IP address in Singapore. They offers cheap movies and dramas starting at USD7.99 per month and the content is much better and cheaper than starhub and sinktel.

Has anyone here tried accessing Netflix on a PS3? This will also require loading the software for the VPN client onto the PS3.

I know this is possible but am concerned with lag issues as we will be streaming the movies from a US server.

Have any brothers here successfully implemented this on a PS3 here? Hope someone can guide me please.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all I know that it is possible to get Netflix, Hulu, Pandora etc via a VPN US IP address in Singapore. They offers cheap movies and dramas starting at USD7.99 per month and the content is much better and cheaper than starhub and sinktel.

Has anyone here tried accessing Netflix on a PS3? This will also require loading the software for the VPN client onto the PS3.

I know this is possible but am concerned with lag issues as we will be streaming the movies from a US server.

Have any brothers here successfully implemented this on a PS3 here? Hope someone can guide me please.

VPNs access speed can be very erratic. Even youtube may not stream fast enough.

I only use my VPN to access amazon website to buy digital content. N even then at nite sometimes the website responds slowly.

Thanks bro, u r right, the VPN speed is an issue. But i know they recommend "HideMyAss"...see: http://vpnfreedom.com/netflix/how-to-watch...from-singapore/

The other issue is how to load that VPN onto a Ps3....Netflix is already on PS3 and other users outside singapore are using PS3 as a settop box...it is sooo much better than the Govt controlled Telcos here...

Thanks bro, u r right, the VPN speed is an issue. But i know they recommend "HideMyAss"...see: http://vpnfreedom.com/netflix/how-to-watch...from-singapore/

The other issue is how to load that VPN onto a Ps3....Netflix is already on PS3 and other users outside singapore are using PS3 as a settop box...it is sooo much better than the Govt controlled Telcos here...

no HWZ people doing it meh? I'm sure someone over there must have blazed the trail ^_^

VPNs access speed can be very erratic. Even youtube may not stream fast enough.

I only use my VPN to access amazon website to buy digital content. N even then at nite sometimes the website responds slowly.

www.fibernet.sg

stable VPN..

im on it..

can stream bbc iplayer and hulu no problems

well, many people "blazed the trail" as USD7.99 for unlimited movies from the US is just too enticing. But those who access Netflix and Hulu via VPN are doing it on Mac or PC.

Few here are trying it on a PS3 although I know some one did try to load VPN onto PS3...see: http://wiki.hidemyass.com/Tutorials:Setup_...use_VPN_via_ICS

Given that Netflix program is already installed in PS3 XXB menu, its only a natural progression towards loading a VPN here to gain access.

If you have a PS3 and already have VPN you should give it a try. For me my old PS3 died and i am contemplating getting another ps3...the question is when? as I may wana get the Ps4 Orbis......

at last some hope..:) so u are streaming on a PC? Pls tell me you also do so on a Ps3?

and if there is lag in buffering does it allow u to walk away and come back in an hour to watch the entire movie without lag?

www.fibernet.sg

stable VPN..

im on it..

can stream bbc iplayer and hulu no problems

Turbocharged

im using vpn via apple tv to access hulu plus and netflix. no lag whatsoever. my bro-in-law set up a seperate lnksys router with the ddwrt firmware ... and then put in the vpn details into that router. so any device connected to that router automatically appears as a us ip address :D (so i can access netflix on ipad,iphone etc as well)

maybe that setup will work for your ps3 as well ..

(edited)

Thanks Sp4wn. U r defintely right, we can load VPN via external router. But that means all devices in the house will use the US VPN and to be honest that may not be desireable for normal web-surfing.

I am also concerned with and speed degradation via the external router way.

Is there a way to load the VPN client directly onto the Ps3? Can the Ps3 receive and install this like a firmware update? Then all the VPN bandwidth will be dedicated to the Ps3 via a direct lan line?

Edited by NightWind

at last some hope..:) so u are streaming on a PC? Pls tell me you also do so on a Ps3?

and if there is lag in buffering does it allow u to walk away and come back in an hour to watch the entire movie without lag?

no bufferring....

wanna subscribe let me know

Turbocharged

Thanks Sp4wn. U r defintely right, we can load VPN via external router. But that means all devices in the house will use the US VPN and to be honest that may not be desireable for normal web-surfing.

I am also concerned with and speed degradation via the external router way.

Is there a way to load the VPN client directly onto the Ps3? Can the Ps3 receive and install this like a firmware update? Then all the VPN bandwidth will be dedicated to the Ps3 via a direct lan line?

ah? no le ... here's my setup:

Singnet -> main router (local ip) . from main router, split into 2 further routers/networks (one called "something", the other is "something-vpn"). the something gives my personal com a local ip and the vpn router provides the apple tv with a usa ip address.

as the apple tv uses a wired connection to the vpn router (which in turn, is wired to the main router), there is not much degrading. i use the tp-link ethernet over power for this. and i can guarantee you, my netflix has no lag (im on the singnet 6mbps plan at home)

Thanks, I want to subscribe but need to resolve the VPN installation into the PS3 first. I let u know when i have done that

no bufferring....

wanna subscribe let me know

wow, 6mbps only, via VPN, steaming netflix, WITH NO LAG. Bro you give me hope. I am on 50mbps Fibre and so I also should have no lag..even if i use external router VPN....

Ok i try this weekend...thanks alot and i appreciate your coments...thks

ah? no le ... here's my setup:

Singnet -> main router (local ip) . from main router, split into 2 further routers/networks (one called "something", the other is "something-vpn"). the something gives my personal com a local ip and the vpn router provides the apple tv with a usa ip address.

as the apple tv uses a wired connection to the vpn router (which in turn, is wired to the main router), there is not much degrading. i use the tp-link ethernet over power for this. and i can guarantee you, my netflix has no lag (im on the singnet 6mbps plan at home)

Turbocharged

no lag le. last week was watching jiro dreams on sushi via netflix on the ipad. (however, do note i dont watch netflix on HD as it takes too long to stream) but for the tv shows and the occasional movie, the regular quality is fine for me. if you have any technical questions ... i wont know how to answer you haha .. my bro-in-law set up the vpn and the apple tv .. ( all i know is he bought a tp link router and installed some external firmware on it) ...

Turbocharged

Thanks, I want to subscribe but need to resolve the VPN installation into the PS3 first. I let u know when i have done that

I watch Amazon prime videos on ipad using VPN.

Setting up VPN on ipad is easy.

But setting up on PS3 would be best using a router compatible with ddrwt router. I know amazon prime should be inside PS3 menu, but so far, I could not find it. Perhaps need VPN to setup in order to see it inside PS3

Another way is to see if you can watch Netflix using ipad and then hook it up to a TV via HDMI. I tried this with Amazon prime, but the Amazon prime video app block the HDMI signal to the TV. So no video, only audio. Crap, so I think I will cancel my amazon prime subscription and try Netflix instead.

BTW, can you see Netflix inside PS3 menu?

It can be done by using nested router or the VPN connection. Your main router connecter to the ISP modem must be able to support VPN pass-through. Then connect the nested router (preferably one that run on ddwrt firmware) to the main router. Connect one end of the LAN cable to a LAN port of the main router and the other end to the WAN port of the nested router.

Configure the VPN settings on the nester router and connect your PS3 to a LAN port of the nested router. In that way, your PS3 will be given an US IP address via the VPN setup and will be able to access to Netflix.

I have tried Netflix but don't really like it. I am more into movies and their collection is quite dated. Furthermore, it is based on monthly subscription and thus not too good for me as my work schedule can be erratic.

Hi, theoretically u can get Netflix on the Ps3 after u reset the IP address to a US Ip via VPN. Then we just logon with a us logon id and it should appear in the PS3 XXb menu

↡ Advertisement