Explain Using POEMS to me

Darryn

Turbocharged

OK,

So I've signed up with an account with phillips security, my central depository account has been opened.

Now what?

↡ Advertisement

Don't I have to put some money somewhere first?

How to trade?

Your broker should have let you sign some forms to nominate bank account to CDP for dividend payments, and normally the same account nominated for making payment to the broker.

Buy, note the contract number and value, next day onwards you can pay with internet banking through the contract number.

Sell, (first make your you are not naked short), wait for money to be credited to your bank account.

Very hassle-free.

Turbocharged

Your broker should have let you sign some forms to nominate bank account to CDP for dividend payments, and normally the same account nominated for making payment to the broker.

Buy, note the contract number and value, next day onwards you can pay with internet banking through the contract number.

Sell, (first make your you are not naked short), wait for money to be credited to your bank account.

Very hassle-free.

Like that har?

I can't remember if nominated a bank account or not....can I nominate / change the bank account online?

And I don't run around naked :D[laugh]

OK,

So I've signed up with an account with phillips security, my central depository account has been opened.

Now what?

go in and click as much as you like, they trade in monopoly money one, have fun [laugh] [laugh]

Like that har?

I can't remember if nominated a bank account or not....can I nominate / change the bank account online?

And I don't run around naked :D[laugh]

think can.

anyway if in doubt buy blue chip. quite safe. just buy and hold for dividends if you unsure.

if you already know what you're doing, usually it's T+3 if you buy and sell.

Turbocharged

go in and click as much as you like, they trade in monopoly money one, have fun [laugh] [laugh]

Later I lose my pants I come stay at your house ok?

Well, depends on your broker, he will give u daily update at the end of the day and also what to look out for during the next trading day.

Basically, the funds u use will be from the bank acct u wrote and sign on the papers. Usually the max limit is 30k of trading. :)

POEMS if not wrong is by D+3 days after u purchase u must pay. Else they will sell the lots at the market price.

go in and click as much as you like, they trade in monopoly money one, have fun [laugh][laugh]

[laugh][laugh] .....can open trading acct but dunno wat to do - i read oso :wacko: .

Turbocharged

[laugh][laugh] .....can open trading acct but dunno wat to do - i read oso :wacko: .

Dun burry me lor...

I not quite that ignorant.

Just need to go and look at the nuts n bolts part of how the trading is done...

well my advise b a value investor, cos if u do trading, your remiser will b superb happy cos of the comission. so just go sgx to attend course n learn something 1st.

trade n invest at your own risk cos this 2yrs economics is quite bad n recession is coming soon n for now, most of the stock r at the high side.

but hor, if u die die wan to invest to a company. maybe u can look at a transport which recently got a army as new ceo [laugh] [laugh]

Edited by Rezorn86

a contrarian will take this posting as a signal

to exit the market.

:D

Exit so soon? Party just got started.

a contrarian will take this posting as a signal

to exit the market.

:D

Yep, usually the way.

But Darryn, have you worked out a trading strategy/methodology? My advice is to ignore those doing seminars and determine something that works for you. Good books to start with are those by Jack Schwager called Market Wizards as they are conversations with successful traders and help to understand how people approach the markets and how they think through their trading ideas.

From my experience in the industry those conducting the seminars make their money from that as their trading accounts aren't spectacular. Had one client who was quite popular on the seminar circuit and he never made money trading.

Turbocharged

Yep, usually the way.

But Darryn, have you worked out a trading strategy/methodology? My advice is to ignore those doing seminars and determine something that works for you. Good books to start with are those by Jack Schwager called Market Wizards as they are conversations with successful traders and help to understand how people approach the markets and how they think through their trading ideas.

From my experience in the industry those conducting the seminars make their money from that as their trading accounts aren't spectacular. Had one client who was quite popular on the seminar circuit and he never made money trading.

[thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Those that have winning strategies play their strategies and don't need to make money from seminars.

But yeah - this is pretty good advice.

The main reason not to start yet is I haven't worked out a strategy at all.

I basically believe in trading on company fundamentals, but not time for research etc. Unless I just follow the trends of whatever the analyst recommends.

Would prefer to go more towards cheaper stocks first, so that the commitment per lot is a less...

Other than that, not many thoughts.

↡ Advertisement