MAS Restricts Loan Tenure for Residential Properties

Duckduck

unlikely 6%, in 2006 sibor high was abt 3%, so that shld b your upper limit projection.

From current 1% to 3% is a big jump in monhtly installment.

My kiasu calculation factoring close to 5% by 20 years time :D

↡ Advertisement

I think can look at Malaysia properties now..haha.

Was thinking .. Until my friend's dad was robbed right outside of his house in Johor. According to him , the security is getting worse.

Nothing insight that suggest tat.Even if increase also very gradual.

Ha ha ha I just glad that my housing loan is 0.7+combo sor&sibor for the entire tenure . No need to headache abt refinancing now.

[/quote

What if Sibor goes beyond 3% and above? <_<

Turbocharged

I think can look at Malaysia properties now..haha.

Just remember that when comes to Msia properties, trying to sell it is not as easy nor as fast as in Spore.

It can take months and months.

Edited by Icedbs

Turbocharged

Nothing insight that suggest tat.Even if increase also very gradual.

Ha ha ha I just glad that my housing loan is 0.7+combo sor&sibor for the entire tenure . No need to headache abt refinancing now.

What is your definition of "gradual"

Don't be surprised to see a rate jump of 2% inside of a year.

To me, 12 months is a short time frame - particularly when talking about houses.

Remember also, that if the interest rate is jumping, at the same time house prices will be declining, or people will be cautious so it will be harder to sell a house.

Remember also, that if the interest rate is jumping, at the same time house prices will be declining, or people will be cautious so it will be harder to sell a house.

not necessary. depends on which part of cycle. back in 05-06 rates were climbing but property chiong. after 06 when sibor peaked, property still chiong for another 1.5yrs then crash

Was thinking .. Until my friend's dad was robbed right outside of his house in Johor. According to him , the security is getting worse.

wat security? a friendly smile and wave and they will let u thru.

For the near term, this new ruling will further widen the gap between the rich and the middle income since the latter, especially those in the late 30s onwards will be affected by the new ruling.

For the near term, this new ruling will further widen the gap between the rich and the middle income since the latter, especially those in the late 30s onwards will be affected by the new ruling.

but rich not stupid also if prices decline, they wont b buying at current either... whole mkt moves together imo

in short, this cooling measure won't work.

HDB should also have a ruling of no rental allowed. After all, Sporeans' housing needs come first and some FTs are renting. Pretty remarkable policies we have. What a contradiction.

in our tiny island, the whole property mkt is interlinked lah.

if FT not allowed to rent HDB, they will turn to pte.

in turn, pte prices will skyrocket and hdb prices will follow suit or upgraders will be priced out.

this in turn will spur the price of BTOs as it's pegged to 'market subsidy'.

simple economics of 80% instead of 20% of housing stock catering to rental demand.

bro, jurong and CCk different markets... if CCK BTO is 300K, resale is prob 350K. I notice they have been operating by the 50-70K price difference yardstick

bro got so low meh?

my area is Jurong Extenstion near to NTU and City harvest there leh. thought will be the lowest in singapore liao since ppl say julong ulu [:p]

btw i just checked HDB website.

CCK BTO around Ave 1 and Ave 7 selling highest estimated around 300K.

Resale last transact around june 2012 selling around $420K.

If i remember correctly your 50 to 70K price different start to drop slowly since KBW took over from MBT liao.

Edited by Joseph22

My manager just bought a HDB 4 room resale at redhill at 810k. COV is around 100k.

Goodness... HDB prices have gone up so fast. my colleague sold his at under 600k 2 years ago... also around redhill area [:/]

And we thot it was a good price :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement