Tailor/custom made shirts & trousers

Mugen85

Twincharged

I tend to avoid marcella. Bear in mind the shirts for $69 are for simple fabric. Should you want something more fancy, be prepared to pay more.

Also the measurements were sub-standard. The SE gave alot of allowances on the measurements. I did remind the SE that I would like to have them smaller but he kept insisting that he is right. Needless to say, both shirts came out too baggy.

Guess it depends on the person measuring. I got mine done at cathay and the fit was good on the first try. But at least they allow alterations if the fit is not what you want.

↡ Advertisement

I tend to avoid marcella. Bear in mind the shirts for $69 are for simple fabric. Should you want something more fancy, be prepared to pay more.

Also the measurements were sub-standard. The SE gave alot of allowances on the measurements. I did remind the SE that I would like to have them smaller but he kept insisting that he is right. Needless to say, both shirts came out too baggy.

I order 3 shirts from them on the first order.

First shirt ready in 3/4 weeks and to test out the fittings before proceeding to 2nd & 3rd.

I recall some adjustment needed and when I collect them all, it fits well.

So far only 1 of their $69 shirt had been worn off.

I also avoid their $69 white shirts as it just crumple easily.

Other then that, so far so good for me.

As date, I think I order 13 shirts from them already.

• Praise 2

Try Men's Tradition. An uncle with good fashion sense.

Muayhahahahahaha

My usual tailor is Personality at Peninsula, the only thing i dun like is when i asked for darts on my shirt, the stomach area became very tight. He should retain the same size with Darts. Overall, he is still my favourite tailor.

Anyone here also went to find him? Any feedback?

Eric ? Cutting and quality of workmanship ok lah.

• Praise 1

i need to control my diet, my waist line is getting bigger and bigger! Recently my pants will last me about 6 months and i have to tailor another pants.

Haiz... Jiak ah buay sai, Mai jiak ah buay sai.. [furious]

I have problems with this marcella too. Shirts measurements were totally off..

Guess it depends on the person measuring. I got mine done at cathay and the fit was good on the first try. But at least they allow alterations if the fit is not what you want.

I did mine at Cathay too but measurement was totally off.

When I collect at Marina Sq, took notes of what I want to change, come back only slightly better..

IMO, I would rather go for G2000 as they are way better fit than their shirts.

• Praise 1

When I collect at Marina Sq, took notes of what I want to change, come back only slightly better..

So far so good for me. I had 8 shirts from Marcella.

Twincharged

Maybe I am lucky that my body suits their pattern. The fit is almost as good as those I tailored at kbks.

So where do u usually tailored your shirts?

Brother, i wipe tables one, wear T shirt can already.

Lst time wear singlet also can, but they say not so presentable so now minimum is t-shirt.

My T-shirts are from hangten or bossini and giordano. Not tailored

• Praise 1

Would you buy a polo T-shirt and alter it for perfect fit? I know someone who does.

For my case, I would just buy off the shelf and wear it.

Would you buy a polo T-shirt and alter it for perfect fit? I know someone who does.

For my case, I would just buy off the shelf and wear it.

I would, although I haven't done so with a polo. But if there are details I really like about the polo and the fit is a bit off, I would not hesitate to alter it.

I have quite a few T shirts that are altered.

All my RTW shirts have been altered.

I find that many times, off the rack shirts have much more interesting fabric and details, but the fit is always off for me (12" drop from chest to waist). I have a great relationship with my alteration aunty. She has my measurements off the top of her head (3 year relationship so far). So it's really easy for me to alter my clothes.

I think everyone should have a go-to person for clothes alteration. It can't make a $100 shirt look like $1000.

• Praise 2

looking around for tailor to make suit and pants

was at harbourfront hawker, i saw 2-3 tailor shops there, Ai Mee, Ai Lee and Singa?

any one has any comments about these 3 shops?

i asked one of them for price. its from $250 for basic fabric. $300 is for better fabric. one set of one coat and one pants.

Extra pants cost $40-$60, depending on fabric again.

Thought the price is reasonable.

looking around for tailor to make suit and pants

was at harbourfront hawker, i saw 2-3 tailor shops there, Ai Mee, Ai Lee and Singa?

any one has any comments about these 3 shops?

i asked one of them for price. its from $250 for basic fabric. $300 is for better fabric. one set of one coat and one pants.

Extra pants cost $40-$60, depending on fabric again.

Thought the price is reasonable.

u getting married again??? :D:D

i use my old old tailor....Brazil Tailor. For last 30 yrs! Sons took over and quality still premium!!! At Beauty world shopp ctr

Peninsula has a few gd ones. LEt the rest comment

u getting married again??? :D:D

i use my old old tailor....Brazil Tailor. For last 30 yrs! Sons took over and quality still premium!!! At Beauty world shopp ctr

Peninsula has a few gd ones. LEt the rest comment

lol. one marriage is enough for me. enough of suffering.

doing suit for work. my old suit is getting too old. lol

how much does yr brazil tailor charge on average?

lol. one marriage is enough for me. enough of suffering.

doing suit for work. my old suit is getting too old. lol

how much does yr brazil tailor charge on average?

the last was 4 yrs ago, abt $240 basic threads. The premium ones, I got for $450.

btw, if you can get off the rack, i got fr Amazon tht time..haha. under $100. Just alter the pants and some parts of sleeve

Fun reading -

But I never wear shirts for work anymore, all mine are polos - one of the advantages of working with a shirt printer I guess -

1. have to wear company products

2. Always a ready supply of cool polos to choose from - Porsche Club, Harry's, Robotics, Google, Bimmer, got many many - I never buy shirt in more than two years

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2