Tailor/custom made shirts & trousers

Mugen85

Wah lau eh, dude.

Need you ask?

Coming from prancing horseman himself.

Paiseh paiseh...couldn't make out the horse.

Was using 3.5" screen

↡ Advertisement

Not me , never bought from them

Not exactly just ready to wear at boatquay

Also have standard tailoring using standard cloth but at premium price.

Edwin's ready made shoes are not bad. Those he import from Vietnam are nice and well made.

I got no enough money and no want for bespoke shoes so never tried his own stuff.

But he is great guy to talk to.

You can support local shops anytime, you got moolah spilling out of your ears and nose....

I can only support local (coffee)shops, wahahahaha

Just dun understand why you are always linking all things to money . Yes , I know you are rich but I am sure not everyone wants or needs to know .

Again , i do not understand why you need to be rich to support local shops , I try my best to buy common grocery from those local provision shops , unless they do not carry things I need , I have no choice but to buy it from those supermarts .

I am sure if as Singaporeans , we try our best to support those small local business , we will see a lot more locals starting or maintaining the businesses all over Singapore .

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 5

I went to the one at amari watergate hotel.

Cant remember the name. By a indian chap.

Alex fashion I think. Got a few there, can google trip adviaor for recommendation

Trip Advisor recommends a few and I see the comments in the article, many like con shop. Which is good?

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Travel-g293916-c79200/Bangkok:Thailand:Custom.Tailors.In.Bangkok.html

Starts from 400 to 1200 for shirts depending on material and buttons , 1 k up for pants ...

Ermmm... Boatquay outlet ?.. That is for their ready to wear ba .... Who the hell uses a bespoke tailor and buys their off the rack collections ???

I try my best to support these local shops ... Just like the shoe maker Edwin next door ...

Dormeuil fabric?

Thanks again.

just a suggestion.

1. go on your first day. early morning choose your cloth, design etc.

2. second day do fitting.

3. by 3rd day can collect usually. when they ask when you going back, just tell them a day early if not they won't prioritize.

4. some times need to make amendments. don't like the fit don't be paiseh. make them change until you shiok

5. as much as they insist, price is NOT fixed. always bargain. do it out of sight from other customers ( esp ang moh) for better price.

6. pants are a bit tricky. but generally ok. but not super cheap. try to bargain as a package.( i got 1 suit. plus extra pants plus 3 shits for 8000+ baht )

• Praise 1

Just dun understand why you are always linking all things to money . Yes , I know you are rich but I am sure not everyone wants or needs to know .

Again , i do not understand why you need to be rich to support local shops , I try my best to buy common grocery from those local provision shops , unless they do not carry things I need , I have no choice but to buy it from those supermarts .

I am sure if as Singaporeans , we try our best to support those small local business , we will see a lot more locals starting or maintaining the businesses all over Singapore .

Hello, you say one hor not me.

I know you are richer but i am sure not everyone wants or needs to know.

You support your expensive local shops, i support my coffeeshop.

Well water not flowing into River water.

Did i step on your toes somewhere?

joke joke a bit why take it so hard?

Fine, no more joking with you then.

Edited by Throttle2

just a suggestion.

1. go on your first day. early morning choose your cloth, design etc.

2. second day do fitting.

3. by 3rd day can collect usually. when they ask when you going back, just tell them a day early if not they won't prioritize.

4. some times need to make amendments. don't like the fit don't be paiseh. make them change until you shiok

5. as much as they insist, price is NOT fixed. always bargain. do it out of sight from other customers ( esp ang moh) for better price.

6. pants are a bit tricky. but generally ok. but not super cheap. try to bargain as a package.( i got 1 suit. plus extra pants plus 3 shits for 8000+ baht )

Me here at Alex's Fashion. Just finish measurement. He quote in SGD. Pants 65 to 85 depends on material and shirt 40. I doing two pants n two shirt.

The moment I walk in, he knows I am Singaporean. He don't allow bargain, maybe mine small order only. Price definitely cheaper than SG.

He say 99% of his customer are Singaporeans. He coming to SG in Dec to do measurement for some of his regulars. Lots of SG property agent name card on his counter top.

• Praise 1

Me here at Alex's Fashion. Just finish measurement. He quote in SGD. Pants 65 to 85 depends on material and shirt 40. I doing two pants n two shirt.

The moment I walk in, he knows I am Singaporean. He don't allow bargain, maybe mine small order only. Price definitely cheaper than SG.

He say 99% of his customer are Singaporeans. He coming to SG in Dec to do measurement for some of his regulars. Lots of SG property agent name card on his counter top.

haha.

glad you found a good deal.

cheers

• Praise 1

There are many, many tailors in Bangkok, so better do so some research.

For me, I go my tailoring at GMC Style, which is located at Amarin Plaza.

I blogged about it here.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2014/03/gmc-tailors-bangkok-thailand.html

I have already tailor made my shirts and pants at Alex fashion. Collected them yesterday. Was very satisfied with the quality. In fact, during fitting, I liked the shirt a lot and ordered three more shirts.

He told me only need three hours to complete my shirts.

• Praise 1

Ups for this thread. Im looking for a good tailorship in formal and semi formal mens wear in SG. Looking at mid to high end range.

Side track a bit, I went bangkok tailor last year and seriously its overated.

Supercharged

My regular pants tailor used to be in Pearl Centre. Now moved to The Arcade. From $90 onwards.

Robert is a nice chap.

Haven't visit him since he moved to Arcade but I can see from his facebook the new shop is much bigger and better than the old one.

Any shop to recommend in Bangkok?

I make shirts at Amari Watergate hotel.

I prefer to bring a current shirt sample that I like the fit and cutting to them, choose fabric, tell them what design u want, want pocket yes no.. it's 1000THB to 1200THB per shirt depending material and complication of design. Next day sample fitting, another 1-2 days for collection.

Alternatively, if need to leave Bangkok and cannot wait and wouldn't be back to Bangkok in another 1 month or more, Pay 1000THB for delivery to your SG doorstep.. takes 2-3 weeks.. Probably by ship or truck

Robert is a nice chap.

Haven't visit him since he moved to Arcade but I can see from his facebook the new shop is much bigger and better than the old one.

can you post or PM the link please? TIA

Edited by Ljlang
↡ Advertisement