Appeal for witness: Clementi Ave 2, Friday 5 Oct @655pm

Simonsoh

Hi friends, my dad was involved in an accident at the above time and place, somewhere after Clementi Caltex. His car flipped a few times and landed sideways (I do not wish to share what casued it because Iwas not there). He is now being monitored for spinal injuries. All I wish to say is that he is a very slow and careful driver. He is so slow and careful that he was late for my ROM many years back because he refuse to speed. I do have a eye-witness but hoping if any bros drove pass that day with mounted car camera. Thanks in advance. I also heard the case appeared in a evening chinese papers on Sat. We did not buy. If you have the article, maybe can help to scan? I wish to see what is being written. Thanks many many.

↡ Advertisement

I need another assistance. I saw someone took a aftermath video on youtube. How can I take it and save it permanently in case he decide to take it down? I do not know the guy who upload the video. In case it is the other party, I do not wish to have any contact with him. thanks.

Turbocharged

I need another assistance. I saw someone took a aftermath video on youtube. How can I take it and save it permanently in case he decide to take it down? I do not know the guy who upload the video. In case it is the other party, I do not wish to have any contact with him. thanks.

There's a couple of programmes that will let you capture a youtube video - do a google for it

OMG i hope he is alright :o is he able to describe what happen that night?

i stay in clementi and that is my regular place to pump petrol. i wasn't there on Friday but was there on Thursday night around the same time.

Hi friends, my dad was involved in an accident at the above time and place, somewhere after Clementi Caltex. His car flipped a few times and landed sideways (I do not wish to share what casued it because Iwas not there). He is now being monitored for spinal injuries. All I wish to say is that he is a very slow and careful driver. He is so slow and careful that he was late for my ROM many years back because he refuse to speed. I do have a eye-witness but hoping if any bros drove pass that day with mounted car camera. Thanks in advance. I also heard the case appeared in a evening chinese papers on Sat. We did not buy. If you have the article, maybe can help to scan? I wish to see what is being written. Thanks many many.

Edited by Jman888

Turbocharged

After you've downloaded care to share? I'm sure the busybodies amongst us would like to see...

And at the same time - sending well wishes the way of you father. Ask him to keep well.

Hope your dad is well.

You can try Any Video Converter. I use it for all my video needs.

(edited)

After you've downloaded care to share? I'm sure the busybodies amongst us would like to see...

And at the same time - sending well wishes the way of you father. Ask him to keep well.

bro, i can post the link here but the guy who posted it up put both vehicles' numbers. As i mentioned, we are weighing our options and i am very careful in revealing details here. All I can say is that my dad told me he was driving straight on most right lane on Clementi Ave 2 towards AYE that side, suddenly he saw a car from his right coming very fast at 90 degrees. next thing he know, he was flipping in the car. As I also said, a witness approached us. Apparently he was queuing behind the other party from the opposite side carpark (blk 330). He saw everything. As he was exiting right from the carpark, he crashed into my dad who was travelling straight on the other side of the road towards AYE. Sent my dad's car flying. His only damage is left front light. My dad's car? less said better.

Hello, Mr other party, if you are reading this, I want to say this to you:

1) thanks for calling the ambulance.

2) When my brother(passenger side) climbed out, you do not rush over and ask him "why you all drive so fast"

3) When my father is still being trapped in the vehicle and my mum is crying when SCDF is cutting the roof to rescue him, you do not approach me and ask for my dad's NRIC number.

4) When I share with you that my dad was on the way to my mum's birthday dinner, you do not reply me with "no wonder he was driving so fast"

I know you want to protect your NCD, but my dad is trapped and my mum is crying. btw, at 7pm at clementi ave 2, how fast can my dad be driving? 200km/h? he was on main road, you were exiting from carpark 3 lanes away on opposite direction.

I think I said more than I should. but i buay tahan, pls have basic human decency.

Edited by Simonsoh

Appears to be a RX8 vs. a Lancer.

I am familiar with the junctions there, very dodgy due to lack of traffic lights, especially if attempting a right turn coming out of the carpark, since you must cross two lanes just to get to the centre divider.

*edited due to TS's updated info*

Edited by Macrosszero

making right turn from carpark to main road still claim people drive fast?? what is he doing before turning, never watch out for approaching car?? yes i saw such idiot a few time coming out from that car park!! :angry: :angry:

OMG i hope he is alright :o is he able to describe what happen that night?

i stay in clementi and that is my regular place to pump petrol. i wasn't there on Friday but was there on Thursday night around the same time.

All i can share is he wont be back to 100%... but considering what happened, we count our blessings.

Thanks all for concern.

I have a qn for you, since you use the road regularly, what is normal speed for that road at 645pm to 655pm?

(edited)

making right turn from carpark to main road still claim people drive fast?? what is he doing before turning, never watch out for approaching car?? yes i saw such idiot a few time coming out from that car park!! :angry: :angry:

he claim the fact that he come out from the carpark is irrelevant because he was completely straight when the accident happened. He was completely straight and in-lane when "my father crashed his left front and fly"(from the accident scene, his story seem to tally). But for bros who have seen the video, you tell me the distance from the turning hole and where his car EVENTUALLY stopped, is it possible? We hope we get a smart TPIO. dun just see the after-accident scene. Try to imagine what happened before his car become straight.

Edited by Simonsoh

TS, I don't believe the person who put up these videos is the driver of the RX8, as you can see from the sequence of videos that he walked over from Commonwealth Avenue. Also, in some of the videos, there's a person around the driver's door of the RX8, it may be the driver.

However from your description that guy sounds like he has no compassion at all.

Whatever he attempted to say to you or your family to "share" the blame in the accident, ignore his statements. Fact remains your dad was driving on the main road and he was attempting a merge from the side road. Your dad has right of way. Plus with a witness, he can kiss his NCD goodbye.

Even if the RX8's damage may seem disproportionate to the Lancer's I'm sure your dad attempted a last second evasive action which may have unsettled the car enough for the actual impact from the RX8 to send the Lancer into a roll.

In any case, middle aged uncle ferrying family in a family sedan vs. wannabe sport coupe with multicolour panels and funny red lights driven by some callous guy, sorry if I seem biased but its hard not to be.

All i can share is he wont be back to 100%... but considering what happened, we count our blessings.

Thanks all for concern.

I have a qn for you, since you use the road regularly, what is normal speed for that road at 645pm to 655pm?

i dun do more than 60km on that road because there are too many junctions that car turning in/out from 4-5 car park along that road, and also traffic light less than 100 meter apart.

(edited)

TS, I don't believe the person who put up these videos is the driver of the RX8, as you can see from the sequence of videos that he walked over from Commonwealth Avenue. Also, in some of the videos, there's a person around the driver's door of the RX8, it may be the driver.

However from your description that guy sounds like he has no compassion at all.

Whatever he attempted to say to you or your family to "share" the blame in the accident, ignore his statements. Fact remains your dad was driving on the main road and he was attempting a merge from the side road. Your dad has right of way. Plus with a witness, he can kiss his NCD goodbye.

Even if the RX8's damage may seem disproportionate to the Lancer's I'm sure your dad attempted a last second evasive action which may have unsettled the car enough for the actual impact from the RX8 to send the Lancer into a roll.

In any case, middle aged uncle ferrying family in a family sedan vs. wannabe sport coupe with multicolour panels and funny red lights driven by some callous guy, sorry if I seem biased but its hard not to be.

How I hope you are the TPIO.... too bad the taxi driver queuing behind the other party didnt have a cctv.... but at least the gantry records will show the taxi was exiting the carpark immediately after the other party, having a 100% clear view. btw, to be clear, he did not attempt to merge from side-raod. he was trying to exit from a carpark opposite side of road... trust me, it is super hard during peak hours there...

btw, he also told me he got many many witnesses. he took down their contact numbers liao. but i believe his witnesses are those who turn their head upon hearing BANG. these type considered witnesses?

Edited by Simonsoh

How I hope you are the TPIO.... too bad the taxi driver queuing behind the other party didnt have a cctv.... but at least the gantry records will show the taxi was exiting the carpark immediately after the other party, having a 100% clear view. btw, to be clear, he did not attempt to merge from side-raod. he was trying to exit from a carpark opposite side of road... trust me, it is super hard during peak hours there...

To me, starting from the centre divider to get into the flow of traffic still counts as merging. There are probably marks or debris on the road which indicate where the impact occurred and then we can see if the TP will tack on another charge of moving the vehicle after an accident has occurred.

Keep in mind though that TPIO is one thing and insurance claims is another.

↡ Advertisement