Writ of summons

Swifter78

Neutral Newbie

1. Did you report the accident to your then insurer?

2. Did you sign private settlement form with the other party after he paid for the repairs?

1. Yes, I informed my insurer.

2. Could not remember about that, as the van driver management decided to use their insurance for my repairs as initially thought it was just a small dent repair. So the workshop claimed against the van insurance.

↡ Advertisement

You could be in some trouble.

Now you have to start recalling if you ever signed any private settlement form with the other driver. If you did not do so or can't find the form, then I suggest you check with your insurer for advice.

My own personal experience: sign private settlement with other party, scan and email to my insurer for them to close the case and release my NCD. That was about 4 years ago though, so not sure if it still applies today.

1. Yes, I informed my insurer.

2. Could not remember about that, as the van driver management decided to use their insurance for my repairs as initially thought it was just a small dent repair. So the workshop claimed against the van insurance.

Digging a old post to share exp.

I kena writs of summon b4 for motoring accident. Insurrer settled and somemorr not my fault also concluded.

But heck it will affect my credit rating one. Mine became hx... wtf. Even though i have a super clean record.

Neutral Newbie

@Spurman- My insurer confirmed that settlement is done on traffic related accident and no further action is required. But I received Writ of summons after a year. I reported to insurer back who is taking care of. The problem is my Credit Bureau report is marked as HX.Prior to this I had highest good rating and now my rating is HX which is very bad. 

Has anyone faced this ? when will this rating changes ? Somewhere I heard it will remain for 3 years.. is it true ? 

7 hours ago, rag123 said:

@Spurman- My insurer confirmed that settlement is done on traffic related accident and no further action is required. But I received Writ of summons after a year. I reported to insurer back who is taking care of. The problem is my Credit Bureau report is marked as HX.Prior to this I had highest good rating and now my rating is HX which is very bad. 

Has anyone faced this ? when will this rating changes ? Somewhere I heard it will remain for 3 years.. is it true ? 

3yrs i tink. I kena b4 as said.

Now i am back to best rating. Heng. Hee.

MY.thumb.png.77f4cf4ef45872748d4fab6c40284226.pngHi All,

I am foreigner who was driving a rented car in Malaysia. I had a minor accident many months back. Only now received this letter. How does it mean and what should I do next? I am in India.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Edited by vka_rocks
Croped the attachment

On 12/11/2023 at 8:59 AM, Ody_2004 said:

@vka_rocks maybe you wanna check with Malaysia or India car forum..

fyi mycarforum is not Malaysia Car Forum.. 

why india? They won’t know also 

On 12/11/2023 at 9:05 AM, Mkl22 said:

why india? They won’t know also 

He is from India mah! So maybe some had encounters similar case mah 😄

• Haha! 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, vka_rocks said:

MY.thumb.png.77f4cf4ef45872748d4fab6c40284226.pngHi All,

I am foreigner who was driving a rented car in Malaysia. I had a minor accident many months back. Only now received this letter. How does it mean and what should I do next? I am in India.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

The scan is not complete, unable to tell if a fine to compound the offence is offered.

If not, you are required to appear in court as per the ticket, for careless driving offence.

Check with the rental car company for further advice.

On 12/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, vka_rocks said:

I am in India.

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards

Don't leave India.

Nothing will happen to you!

You are safe there!

:D

• Haha! 2

On 12/11/2023 at 2:15 PM, Jamesc said:

Don't leave India.

Nothing will happen to you!

You are safe there!

:D

Dun worry, will not include in Interpol red notice too. :D 

• Haha! 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:51 PM, vka_rocks said:

MY.png

Best is check with the Rental Company ; Have they released your deposit or CC details which they can whack you back ?? Did you inform them of the incident?? 

I guess is just wait and see ........ they may not even enforce it on foreigners usually as it could be a tedious process for the other party involved   

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1