Why Eeee...noise when I braked?

Kelpie

Neutral Newbie

is not like manual when u down gear. though auto can but like not very shun le.

i don't if that makes sense to u. but yea perhaps i am not really used to auto gears.

a week old on auto cars

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Sorry to dug out a old thread.... :D

If my car have the eeee sound :

1) when moving off, or braking, but not all the time

2) the eee sound will disappear when driving faster

3) sometimes braking no such eee sound also

and...I even passed LTA inspection test at VICOM 2 months ago, and I personally witness the inspector tested my car's brakes!

My front brake pads looks thick, and I do not feel any poor braking performance also, not even during wet road condition.

Someone told me my brake pump is faulty. Anyone can advise me what are the possibilities?

Sorry to dug out a old thread.... :D

If my car have the eeee sound :

1) when moving off, or braking, but not all the time

2) the eee sound will disappear when driving faster

3) sometimes braking no such eee sound also

and...I even passed LTA inspection test at VICOM 2 months ago, and I personally witness the inspector tested my car's brakes!

My front brake pads looks thick, and I do not feel any poor braking performance also, not even during wet road condition.

Someone told me my brake pump is faulty. Anyone can advise me what are the possibilities?

your rear brake is drum type or caliper type? if drum brake most likely could be pump leaking oil. alot of ppl dunno rear brake pumps is a wear and tear part. gota replace them if they are leaking otherwise will drain away your oil in the master pump than alot of failure parts will surface. get it done. a faulty brake pump will leak and will make your braking with eeee sound.

Turbocharged

Eeeee!! Sound when you brake is not that bad. What you don't want is that "Arrrrrrgh!!" Sound when you fail to brake. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Eeeee!! Sound when you brake is not that bad. What you don't want is that "Arrrrrrgh!!" Sound when you fail to brake. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Your trolling skill is quite legendary [laugh]

Hi all,

Lately, when I braked the car, the left wheel will give out this irritating "EEeee...." sound. The noise gets louder when I brake harder.

The workshop fellow told me the brake pad is still very thick and it is perfectly normal to have the sound. Asked me not to spend the money unnecessarily. However, he can always change it and the noise may go away.

What do you guys reckon?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Brake pad worned out, unless you on racing brake pad with a lot of metal fillings :P

Supercharged

is it after a rain ? cos there will be rust on the brake disc. think its normal.

No, it can happen anytime. Sometimes after overnight parking, in the morning drove off also got this sound.... [:(]

Supercharged

your rear brake is drum type or caliper type? if drum brake most likely could be pump leaking oil. alot of ppl dunno rear brake pumps is a wear and tear part. gota replace them if they are leaking otherwise will drain away your oil in the master pump than alot of failure parts will surface. get it done. a faulty brake pump will leak and will make your braking with eeee sound.

Mine is rear brake drum type.

But my brake fluid still maintain at the max level, and shows no sign of reducing leh....???

Hi all,

Lately, when I braked the car, the left wheel will give out this irritating "EEeee...." sound. The noise gets louder when I brake harder.

The workshop fellow told me the brake pad is still very thick and it is perfectly normal to have the sound. Asked me not to spend the money unnecessarily. However, he can always change it and the noise may go away.

What do you guys reckon?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

ur WS is honest... sometimes new or thick brake pads may cause the sound... but aft a while the sound will go away one... dun worry...

Mine is rear brake drum type.

But my brake fluid still maintain at the max level, and shows no sign of reducing leh....???

than could be the brake shoes material already.

Supercharged

than could be the brake shoes material already.

What does that mean huh ???

What does that mean huh ???

That means it's ok jus drive on

Usually it's brake pad gone then got eeee

But if brake pad still thick

Then it's the material so overall it's drivable

(edited)

sometime it could be the brake pad that the WS change for you.

i agreed that it can be the brake disc uneven.

But from what i know is the brake pad that play an important part.

Some cheap brake pad is as cheap as $15 to $20 you can get it.

( however, I also come across that some car owner also dunno what brake pad that the WS is supplying them. So guys pls be Smart. )

sometime I wonder why people willing to trust a ten twenty over dollar brake pad to stop your belove car ???

my friend uses a $25 of cheap brake pad to stop his $100 over K car !!! He driving a Wish 2.0 [wave]

AT least a well know OEM brand of brake pad is recommended to use. or even best use the Genuine parts.

No offence just sharing. ... [drivingcar]

Edited by Ahbao999

got give it a good blow with the airgun.....i almost got tricked into skimming my rotor..say got sound and during hard braking will skip, both is true when i tested.

They also quoted to change my shock absorbers for almost 2x the price, i politely refused both as i want a 2nd opinion......when i change my shock absorber at another shop, he checked also tested my brakes during testing....took a airgun and blow inside. A lot of crap came out at all 4 wheels. After that its smooth sailing..test e-brake, stop immediately until my tyre screech...no eeeee sound from brakes. that was almost 2 years ago liao.

↡ Advertisement