CNA: Trials under way for next generation ERP system

Darthrevan

Might as well install taxi type meter on all cars and charge according to usage, machiam like electrical/water meters.

↡ Advertisement

Is the scholar idea not govt!Govt only accept their suggestion!!! What is fun of driving when there is a a taxi meter running in ur car?

Thats the point... driving is not suppose to be fun. Its suppose to get you from point A then point B. You can have fun before/after you reach your destination. lol

They mention satellite tracking right?

What is GPS if it is not satellite tracking?

MIGHT include. The thing is with the known accuracy of GPS location via satellite, GPS distance based charging is unlikely to be a reality soon. Too many technical challenges to make it work reliably.

Current system works well already, we see MRT breaking down, has anyone ever seen ERP gantry breaking down? [laugh]

The trend is worrying. Now we have got this Next Generation ERP System, soon we will have Next Generation COE System, Next Generation Road Tax System, Next Generation Income Tax System, Next Generation .....

The concept of distance based charging is fraud. The gov is already taxing us on the petrol consumption already, the more you drive, the more petrol you consumed. Isnt that distance based charging ?...

Just another way to milk you more!!!!!!!!

i go buy gps distrupter from deal extreme [sly]

yah....saw those credit-card sized ones on sale online. Are such things permitted in Singapore?

lai lai lai...more people come to singapore.....all these new system need new blood and new channel to fund it...more people please...6 million is the magic number!

Turbocharged

The concept of distance based charging is fraud. The gov is already taxing us on the petrol consumption already, the more you drive, the more petrol you consumed. Isnt that distance based charging ?...

Just another way to milk you more!!!!!!!!

So?

Wasn't COE and ERP supposed separate systems? One stopping when the other started?

I can see

Road tax reduce or removed

COE may decrease slightly

parking charges going to increase, bcos if distance base

Pple may just buy the car and park. Drive only when necessary.

I can see

Sorry...should be:

1. Road tax remain

2. COE continue to increase because of lower vehicle growth

3. Higher ERP charges because now it is distance-based

4. People will buy cars, and since it cost so much, people will continue to drive --> congestion not solved. So 1, 2, and 3 will continue to rise further.

Which planet do you live in? The Gov will keep sucking your wallet till its dry!!!

I can see

Twincharged

i go buy gps distrupter from deal extreme [sly]

I got quite a few at home. Some work some don't work leh. Have to see ur luck. Ever played a prank on my friend. Turned it on when sitting in his car then his GPS cannot lock at all. lol.