Taxi vs Lorry @ Changi coast road

Dscheng

Looks like a head on...accident prone road...drive with care.

And still pple insist on cycling there.

Lolz.. a lot of kaypoh cyclist gather around the area and see lo.

Looks like a head on...accident prone road...drive with care.

And still pple insist on cycling there.

What I don't understand (have never tried cycling there) is why they don't use the track off to the right side (across the road from the airport) - what is wrong with it?

And if there is something wrong with it, what needs to be done to bring it up to a decent standard?

As to why people cycle there - I can easily understand.

1. Is relatively shady with all the trees

2. No traffic lights - it is a nice long stretch without junctions, which are hell if you want to go for a "serious" training cycle

What I don't understand (have never tried cycling there) is why they don't use the track off to the right side (across the road from the airport) - what is wrong with it?

And if there is something wrong with it, what needs to be done to bring it up to a decent standard?

As to why people cycle there - I can easily understand.

1. Is relatively shady with all the trees

2. No traffic lights - it is a nice long stretch without junctions, which are hell if you want to go for a "serious" training cycle

the tracks are too noob for pro cyclist. (pro as in wearing pro clothings..)

Neutral Newbie

ya this road a lot cyclists at night. treat as if the road belongs to them. go opposite direction almost bang 1 of them still dare to point middle finger..somemore the cyclist is those more pro as in well equip cyclist. dunno whats their problem nowadays.

the tracks are too noob for pro cyclist. (pro as in wearing pro clothings..)

the tracks too bumpy for them and the other cyclist on the same track slow them down.

so need to ride on the road and hope no blind driver see them as walking branches and sweep them under the car.

the tracks too bumpy for them and the other cyclist on the same track slow them down.

so need to ride on the road and hope no blind driver see them as walking branches and sweep them under the car.

Should we then be advocating for upgrading the track? Would think having other cyclists there is much easier to overcome, and less of an obstacle than riding on the road - and creating a cycling track (should be) a relatively cheap matter.

Actually - we should look towards the govt to create a couple of good quality, long cycling places, I don't think its that difficult, or that costly.

This stretch used to have illegal night racing for motorbikes and cars; level and straight.

At present, though with the risk if being caught on speed trap, vehicles still being driven fast and reckless.

they shld put a speed hump there then cars sure slow down

They should get a movable random speed bump - then sneakily change the location around.

Then after that we might see

happening

This stretch used to have illegal night racing for motorbikes and cars; level and straight.

At present, though with the risk if being caught on speed trap, vehicles still being driven fast and reckless.

untitled.jpg

last time is vios vs lorlee, vios 0, lorlee 1 :D

now is teksi 1, lorlee 0 :D

therefore: vios < lorlee < teksi :D[laugh]

whoa!!!! lorlee head kena chop off!!!! [shocked] teksi only in front chui a bit!!!

teksi 1, lorlee 0 :D

buy sonata!!!!!! [laugh]:D

Actually with the way taxis and lorlees are driving,

the only winners are other motorists!

Should we then be advocating for upgrading the track? Would think having other cyclists there is much easier to overcome, and less of an obstacle than riding on the road - and creating a cycling track (should be) a relatively cheap matter.

Actually - we should look towards the govt to create a couple of good quality, long cycling places, I don't think its that difficult, or that costly.

The problem is that you have too many people on the PCNs who think that because it isn't a road then roaming about like a herd of cows is perfectly acceptable behaviour. Ranges from walkers that take up the whole path, people who hire bikes at the stations and then the whole group will stop mid-track to chat, to roller-bladers that are learning, and then those parents with kids who are teaching them to ride. I could keep going on. So you are cycle training doing 30kmh+ then the PCN is not the place to be.

Problem with the road is that it is too long and straight and people tend to wander off in their thoughts or tend to speed.

Actually with the way taxis and lorlees are driving,

the only winners are other motorists!

another 2 coe bites the dust :D

↡ Advertisement