Latio or Sylphy, pls advice!

Kwinsee

Neutral Newbie

i am thinking to buy a 2nd hand latio or sylphy1.5, from my study, latio is better in fuel consumption, while sylphy is good in interior, but in terms of price, sylphy is much higher than a latio of the same year, i prefer sylphy as i like the external looking also, can someone lighten me is it worth the money? thx.

↡ Advertisement

i am thinking to buy a 2nd hand latio or sylphy1.5, from my study, latio is better in fuel consumption, while sylphy is good in interior, but in terms of price, sylphy is much higher than a latio of the same year, i prefer sylphy as i like the external looking also, can someone lighten me is it worth the money? thx.

I'd go for sylphy.. I have owned sylphy for 5 years and it's a good and reliable car. In terms of fuel consumption, will not be far off compared to latio. It's about driving style.. A full tank of 55L I could travel about max 500km. I still miss the interior spaciousness..

i bought a 2005 latio (cvt) early this mth, did a full service including changing the mountings.

felt good on the driving. last mileage was 600km before light when up and did another 20km before pumping 49 litres.

I drove my fren syphly. Damm shiok n comfortable. Spacious too.

Use cvt gearbox so not a performance car. I think female n older drivers wil luv it.

Good b n b luxury car.

Latio sedan is ugly.. Other than this.. everything else is as good if not better than Sylphy.

Reliability is also very good... for a 3 year old car.

The few $k of saving is basically for the exterior look.

i bought a 2005 latio (cvt) early this mth, did a full service including changing the mountings.

felt good on the driving. last mileage was 600km before light when up and did another 20km before pumping 49 litres.

From the feedback of most latio owners... light up usually is at 38-39l level. Assuming 20km is 2L, your light up is at 47L? On paper, the tank size is only 45L.

You might want to check your tank sensor before you run out of fuel on the road.

i think you mean 39 litres?

our latio fuel tank capacity is only 45 litres, and i mostly can travel 500km before light up and top up around 37-38 litres.

and to TS, if you like the slyphy, just go for it if its just a few k difference.

From the feedback of most latio owners... light up usually is at 38-39l level. Assuming 20km is 2L, your light up is at 47L? On paper, the tank size is only 45L.

You might want to check your tank sensor before you run out of fuel on the road.

the last light up was at 600km, the pump automatic stop at 39litres. since i frequent jb, squeeze the hell out of the pump and manage up to 49litres. - this is second fill up. the first also same.

current family cars are sylphy and latio.

sylphy has better interior spce especially leg room for rear passenger, though latio is not small itself...

driving visibility wise i prefer latio as it is taller.

slyphy feels more luxurious for the interior and the door closes with a more solid sound (than latio).

also it is more stable at higher speed ~ 100 km/h (i believe becos it is heavier)

You just have to decide

looks or money!

My wife had to make that choice when she married me,

its obvious she chose the sylphy.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

If 1.5L budget, get Latio.

If Sylphy, get 2.0L version.

IIRC, FC for 1.5 & 2.0L Sylphy about the same.

However, mechanically both 1.5L and 2.0L are the same, i.e. you get torsion beam rear suspension and rear drum brake for a 2.0L car. If you can accept this fact, go ahead.

Edited by Kangadrool

Sylphy interior more luxury than latio and leg room also larger. Outside also look larger.

FC of Sylphy will not be too different from Latio. Your foot's weight is probably more impt.

the last light up was at 600km, the pump automatic stop at 39litres. since i frequent jb, squeeze the hell out of the pump and manage up to 49litres. - this is second fill up. the first also same.

45l tank how u pump 49l.

I use to hv a latio.

got 1 time , I ran out of fuel lol.

walk to patrol station buy 2l than drive over n pump only 42l

the last 1-2l can't use 1 .

Have a latio in my family. Certainly not a fast-moving or fast pick-up car. Reckon that the car is great at cruising between 80 - 90 km/h. It can go higher of course, but just felt that the comfortable range is between 80 - 90. Very spacious cabin for a hatch. Personally, i will agree that the Latio hatch look is way nicer than the Latio sedan. I have never hit 500km (before the fuel light comes up), usually at about 470km (so we are looking at about 12 - 12.3 km/L), but my other latio friends claimed that they can... Maybe its my foot. Low depreciation, and pretty reliable (since it does not have many electronics to contend with). Great for pt to pt drive.

I drove my fren syphly. Damm shiok n comfortable. Spacious too.

Use cvt gearbox so not a performance car. I think female n older drivers wil luv it.

Good b n b luxury car.

Syphly 1.5L is using 4spd auto. Only the 2.0L model using CVT.

My cousin Sylphy dashboard rubber or plastic after exposing to sun for long hour, the rubber form bubbled so gross like Mou peng like that.

My vote is to Latio better in term of look and handling.

Syphly 1.5L is using 4spd auto. Only the 2.0L model using CVT.

No leh. I drive my frens syphly feels like cvt n when he wan to service atf in jb he chk is cvt so i told him not to do wait ty dunno how to change atf wil spoil it.

↡ Advertisement