Latio or Sylphy, pls advice!

Kwinsee

Honestly I think AD better. Outside WS don't follow the maintenance package, next they don't not have the tool and computer to do diagnostic and tunning. Nowadays cars more and more computer not like in the past.

Maintenance schedule is in yr handbook. Even AD wil shortcut lah. N ty try to push other stuff to get u to pay fr unnecessary

stuff.

Change this n that. Ty change or not most pple wont know. Just pay n go.

B n B cars very straight forward. No rocket science.

Those sports cars also basic service is sime n easy.

No need special equip.

Edited by Pisces69
↡ Advertisement

this one very popular with latio bros in latio forum,

Yong Motor Service Pte Ltd, AMK Autopoint Level 2, HP: 97114018 Kelvin.

Ah OK, used to be quite active there... Will check it out... Thnks!

Neutral Newbie

I think 1k rpm is slightly on the high side.

Should be around 700-800rpm depend on car.

My previous ride around 700rpm, current ride around 800rpm after warm up.

Mine is close to 1k after warm up dun know why like that......

Any ws to recommend for changing shock absorber for sylphy?

Go Tan chong they have package promotion for shock. Use it to compare with outside ws

Any ws to recommend for changing shock absorber for sylphy?

I used to do mine at ws in yishun. Buy my own parts n ws do labour only.

Now i chg in jb. Total price incl 4 wheel computerised alignment quite a bit cheaper.

Though I am driving a latio... but I see no point buying this car at this moment. the design is very outdated, but the interior space is excellent.

If you want to buy brand new, dont think latio is still selling. But if buy used, i find latio still consider quite a good car to buy, nice and spacious interior.

Though I am driving a latio... but I see no point buying this car at this moment. the design is very outdated, but the interior space is excellent.

I used to drive Latio and I can tell u I didn't buy Latio for the design [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

i owned a sylphy 2.0 for 5 yrs. served me really well. i think it depends on TS's character and age range. sylphy is a "gentleman's vehicle" and ideal for family. just that i do not belong to that lifestyle yet. when i first got it, my dad commented that at the rate i am flooring the pedal, my CVT will be gone case in less than 10 yrs. the final straw came after i was "chiek" by a pickup.

+ Sylphy's dashboard may get siphilis disease also. Saw few Sylphy's dashboard with "taiko" big pimples popping up. Damn ugly and yucks. Worse than melting plastics in conti rides.

Edited by Kangadrool

anyone experience pumping fuel into the tank take very long to fill up to its max limit??

when i am pumping petrol, up to a certain limit of the tank, the petrol flow down very slowly. pumping 1litre of petrol can take 5mins. I have to slowly press for the petrol.

even when i pump petrol till it auto stop, my fuel indicator is just like 3/4 full. so for the 1/4 remaining, i have to slowly pump ML by ML.

anyone encounter the same problem?

Im driving a 06 sylphy 2.0