Latio or Sylphy, pls advice!

Kwinsee

i am thinking to buy a 2nd hand latio or sylphy1.5, from my study, latio is better in fuel consumption, while sylphy is good in interior, but in terms of price, sylphy is much higher than a latio of the same year, i prefer sylphy as i like the external looking also, can someone lighten me is it worth the money? thx.

I'd avoid all CVT.

For better handling and style, consider the Ford Focus, or Opel Astra.

German made.

↡ Advertisement

My cousin Sylphy dashboard rubber or plastic after exposing to sun for long hour, the rubber form bubbled so gross like Mou peng like that.

My vote is to Latio better in term of look and handling.

Syphly dash mic lah. Hahaha.

I'd avoid all CVT.

German made.

Yes agree. Many cvt still got many bugs still hvnt solved.

I wil prefer normal autobox fr reliability n performance.

I'd avoid all CVT.

German made.

OT a bit...What is Over drive aka sports mode in CVT gearbox for? I don't really feel more power only observe higher RPM but car still same speed and petrol use faster!

Edited by Rustyz

I'd avoid all CVT.

German made.

But some cars have been using CVT for very long, like mitsubishi. CVT still no good? [:/]

My cousin Sylphy dashboard rubber or plastic after exposing to sun for long hour, the rubber form bubbled so gross like Mou peng like that.

My vote is to Latio better in term of look and handling.

Looks like this problem happened on sylphy?! I have ex colleague his sylphy dashboard also same, form bubbled and look very gross! [sweatdrop]

Looks like this problem happened on sylphy?! I have ex colleague his sylphy dashboard also same, form bubbled and look very gross! [sweatdrop]

Haha maybe same person we are referring to..Sg so small chances quite high

No leh. I drive my frens syphly feels like cvt n when he wan to service atf in jb he chk is cvt so i told him not to do wait ty dunno how to change atf wil spoil it.

Below spec taken from sg carmart.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=10032

Misc technical data

Transmission 4-speed (A)

Drive type FWD

I think TC stop selling 2.0L model already, no info for it.

But some cars have been using CVT for very long, like mitsubishi. CVT still no good? [:/]

Just look at the technology for the Lancer 1.5/1.6 engine, so outdated already. Not suprised the technology on the CVT GB is also out dated.

I own both sylphy and latio since 2006. Both are good cars. In terms of comfort, spacious and touring (to Malaysia), no 1.6L car can beat Sylphy. However, if you are buying a 2nd sylph, the first thing u need to do is to replace the shock absorbers. It's less that $1k and sometimes Tan Chong has special offer. If not, go outside & buy 4 shocks absorber from many Nissan spare parts dealers and have is changed at any workshop. Most workshops have the tools to replace them. Alignment maybe needed if you replace these shocks. Doing it in Malaysia will cost you half the price for labour.

my 2cts worth.

Edited by Lotus118

Just look at the technology for the Lancer 1.5/1.6 engine, so outdated already. Not suprised the technology on the CVT GB is also out dated.

If there is no problem, outdated engine also ok lo. Sometimes new technology also have problems. [rolleyes]

Haha maybe same person we are referring to..Sg so small chances quite high

Tan chong says its a common problem for selphy. alot of it have this problem. i under warranty replace is FOC. if no warranty than jialat. owm pocket money.

Below spec taken from sg carmart.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_...p?CarCode=10032

Misc technical data

Transmission 4-speed (A)

Drive type FWD

I think TC stop selling 2.0L model already, no info for it.

Cud b 4 spd cvt?

But there is a disclaimer below that e specs might differ fm actual car.

So dealer cover his ass in case he give misleading info.

Tan chong says its a common problem for selphy. alot of it have this problem. i under warranty replace is FOC. if no warranty than jialat. owm pocket money.

Wonder what type of material they are using? How come it will form bubbled!

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement