Australia: Which hotel to stay in Sydney and Gold Coast?

Wadexu

Plan a family holiday trip to Australia at End of Nov, Any good hotel to recommend to stay in Sydney and Gold Coast? must go place to visit?

Like to find a farm stay near either city (<100KM driving), any recommendation?

Thanks for suggestions. [rolleyes]

Edited by Wadexu
↡ Advertisement

Plan a family holiday trip to Australia at End of Nov, Any good hotel to recommend to stay in Sydney and Gold Coast? must go place to visit?

Was planning a GC trip in Dec; to share with you

- Brisbane Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort (near gold coast), can try the 4WD vehicle and also sand sliding down (cant remember the term)

- Shopping at Gold Coast - Harbourtown (Factory Outlets), Pacific Fair SC, Carrara Market

- Of course the 3 worlds (Movie, Sea and Dream)

- Qdeck to view the gold coast line

- Springbrook Gold Coast Hinterland Great Walk if you are into the hiking type

Did not plan Sydney so cant advise.... You might want to refer to the website below...

http://www.visitgoldcoast.com/

how many days are you planning for the two cities? I believe the most of the time in GC will be spent in the theme part so the farm stay is quite unlikely unless you have 10 days in GC.

No farm stays of note within that distance from Sydney. The urban sprawl is too vast really to escape into the country area itself. Better to do the farm/rural near the Gold Coast. Probably best area is the Hunter Valley, but that is about 2 hour drive north, but the wines are very good there.

For near Gold Coast, nice areas are Mullumbimby or Byron Bay on the coast which have a small town rural vibe to them. Bit more than 100km, but worth it. Otherwise can go to the hinterland area to the west of the Gold Coast near Mount Tambourine.

Neutral Newbie

U can try oakshotelsresorts.com

Studio, 1 or 2 bedroom apts available which is suitable for family stay and pricing is good. Tried in 2010, comes with kitchen and some with washing machine.

Hi

For gold coast, u can try staying in meriton south port apartments, well furnished for a family. 3Min drive to a small town n 10mins to gold coast shopping belt surfer paradise.

Sydney I stayed in meriton Kent street. Right in the heart of shopping area. Nearby attractions like harbor bridge , opera house, Chinatown , fish market .

We has 4 days in each city. Thanks

how many days are you planning for the two cities? I believe the most of the time in GC will be spent in the theme part so the farm stay is quite unlikely unless you have 10 days in GC.

Wah. very fast and warm suggestion. Many Thanks ! [;)]

December is summer hor, dun bring winter clothing there [laugh] [laugh]

haha noted bro...

as we are heading over in the x'mas week... the F&E costs turn out to be just as exp as the tour... many accoms were booked... guess aussies like to go beach in summer... and i was planning with Flyscoot, self drive with a normal 1.6l sedan and a motel...

so in the end, joining a tour... somehow they are able to go in SQ and stayed in a hotel... itinerary is about the same if i F&E...

haha noted bro...

as we are heading over in the x'mas week... the F&E costs turn out to be just as exp as the tour... many accoms were booked... guess aussies like to go beach in summer... and i was planning with Flyscoot, self drive with a normal 1.6l sedan and a motel...

so in the end, joining a tour... somehow they are able to go in SQ and stayed in a hotel... itinerary is about the same if i F&E...

you should have asked first, later december is their school holiday, should go late nov to avoid the teenage crowd that get drunk and mess up the places in GC. and DIY is still the best in gold coast but i guess too late now [:(]

Take care!! :wacko: :wacko:

you should have asked first, later december is their school holiday, should go late nov to avoid the teenage crowd that get drunk and mess up the places in GC. and DIY is still the best in gold coast but i guess too late now [:(]

Take care!! :wacko: :wacko:

haha can only go that week... due to work commitments... if i can i would have also done a before school holis...

Hi TS,

If I amnot wrong, end Nov is Schoolies period. Going to be very crowded and messy in Surfers Paradise.

Do take note.

too broad a question. where are u planning to visit, are u driving and do u want to be right in thick of the shopping/downtown district or in the 'burbs?

Hi TS,

If I amnot wrong, end Nov is Schoolies period. Going to be very crowded and messy in Surfers Paradise.

Do take note.

Was about to mention that.

Nov 16-30 is schoolies week on the Gold Coast. Basically a bunch of 18year olds let out of home and going on alcoholic benders of mass proportions all in one spot. Also means it attracts a lot of other party-goers too. Best to avoid at all costs. The locals tend to leave the Gold Coast if they can during this time.

Between Xmas and New Year is when most companies shut down and the whole country is on holiday. Expect everywhere to be crowded and expensive. Best to avoid if you want a quiet holiday.

↡ Advertisement