2 layer of solar film?

Deckbuild

Not sure whether discuss before as I can't find anything on this, any one does 2 layer of solar film before with better heat reduction as compare to one layer?

Mind sharing the IRR% as well?

My SE didn't mention that I can upgrade to the 3M crystalline by paying a little more therefore I'm going to apply another layer of tint just for the windscreen and front side window.

↡ Advertisement

Dont think can pass the inspection.

those conti car with tinted glass, cannot use normal solar film, if not also cant pass inspection.

I'm going for the most clear coat which they have, will test it with meter before install.

I though nothing got to do with how many layers of the solar film, but what type of material does the solar film is using?! If the solar film is those cheapo material, even paste 5 layers might not improve on the heat reduction.

Err, can get/install/upgrade a film with better IR properties?

Kinda weird, isn't it?

BM does 3M films.

BM install the normal 3M film for their Toyotas, and crystalline 3M film on their Lexus.

If want to upgrade can let them know in advance, just I didn't ask and she didn't mention.

I though nothing got to do with how many layers of the solar film, but what type of material does the solar film is using?! If the solar film is those cheapo material, even paste 5 layers might not improve on the heat reduction.

Yes, you are correct, that is why I'm asking, who have apply double layer and also state the IRR% for comparison.

Currently looking at tintsy, 87% IRR but I want more opinion before I make a move, might even install another layer of 3M because I experience intermittent loss of IU signal when going thru ERP gantry with tintsy on my previous car.

Vision distortion would be a potential problem for double layer

I guess it might, have you try 2 layers and experience the vision distortion before?

I guess it might, have you try 2 layers and experience the vision distortion before?

you wont be able to tell if its 2 layers if done properly.

but why 2 layers???

1st layer which is good in IR rejection was letting in too much light.-----by 1st owner

i added a second darker tint to make it look darker as i am the 2nd owner.

bottom line, no point putting 2 layers unless its my case as above.

First the two layer here mean 1 on top of the other right?

One friend of mine did that no problem vision distrotion. Just choose two of the same quailty and able to withstand heat.

you wont be able to tell if its 2 layers if done properly.

but why 2 layers???

1st layer which is good in IR rejection was letting in too much light.-----by 1st owner

i added a second darker tint to make it look darker as i am the 2nd owner.

bottom line, no point putting 2 layers unless its my case as above.

My first layer IRR % is quite low, can really feel the heat as compare to my previous car, which is why I want to install another layer to cut the heat during day drive.

First the two layer here mean 1 on top of the other right?

One friend of mine did that no problem vision distrotion. Just choose two of the same quailty and able to withstand heat.

Thanks for the feedback, noticeable heat reduction?

Thanks for the feedback, noticeable heat reduction?

Sorry can't help u on that, but I notice the road not so glaring as if there polarized shade.

hope that help

↡ Advertisement