2 layer of solar film?

Deckbuild

Mine have 2 layers at my front Windscreen and 3 layers by the side.

Why I did so many layers is because :

1) First owner did a very clear first Layer

2) Wanted something darker, thus go for 2nd layer ( VLT within the LTA limit)

3) After the Fifth year inspection, Immediately went for the 3rd layer.

this time, super dark. ( VLT is only 5% now for all the windows, except front frontscreen.)

As my ultimate goal is to have super dark windows, I went for the layering in sequence.

My last Tint which is the Super Dark film is done at a super cheap price.

Cost me less then $150 for the 5pcs of Window.

So now, VLT is 5% while UV is 99% and IR is 89%

Edited by Godfinger
↡ Advertisement

I also read about this in msia forum: about to tear out but the first layer might be slightly damage if you are unlucky, that's all.

I think not that easy! the glue use to stick is hell of a pain to scrape it clean. Singapore Ws charge to remove the tinting as it is very messy

Twincharged

I think not that easy! the glue use to stick is hell of a pain to scrape it clean. Singapore Ws charge to remove the tinting as it is very messy

I tried before. Do slowly. Must have patience. Just like tearing those barcode stickers off something you just bought. lol. If u want to make it easier then prepare those steam cleaners. Pick one edge already then slowly spray some steam and slowly peel.

I guess it might, have you try 2 layers and experience the vision distortion before?

Never try 2 layer before. I did ask the shop before but they simply removed the existing film n put on new ones. I'm using VKool. The highest IRR the VKool film can do for local cars that will not make the car fail LTA inspection is 70++% IRR, and LIght transmission at around 70+%. fantastic that some brands like Tintsy can do 80+% IRR.. Seems like good deal if it cost cheaper and can achieve the IRR as claimed

↡ Advertisement