Rental company insists NSF owes it $67,000

Mustank

If that being said, tailgating the car in front and crash into it should be consider a collision since tailgating is intentional and therefore should not be able to claim from insurance?

It's so grey in this area......

If I'm not wrong Ma Chi case still not closed yet right?

imho either way, insurance or claimant will need to prove their case.

in your tailgating example, hitting from rear will usually be considered negligence whatever the reasons

(fail to keep proper distance, etc), even if the front car jam brake.

If lucky, having a recorded vid could prove otherwise if indeed it was.

The info that he has a brother aged 10 is absolutely useless to this news. :wacko:

no no, completely relevant [speechless] if not wait got people come in say:

i am so and so brother! :D my brother safe driver, never speed! :D

[laugh]:D

Supercharged

simple logic.

the Civic is not authorised for rental business because that rental company didnt pay insurance for rental purposes. Thats why they were not happy that the guy called the police about the accident.

if i'm the driver, i will just simply walk away from the deal. nothing the rental company can do about it.

to rent a car to a p-plater and 20yo is already making tis company fishy enuf liao... iirc, either muz be above certain age cum p-plater or more dan a yr license if u are below tat certain age for renting... tis NSF neither falls in either category but rental company willing to rent to him? watever it is, tis company needs to explain a lot... and i am definitely going to boycott tis company if there is a need for renting car nx time...

to rent a car to a p-plater and 20yo is already making tis company fishy enuf liao... iirc, either muz be above certain age cum p-plater or more dan a yr license if u are below tat certain age for renting... tis NSF neither falls in either category but rental company willing to rent to him? watever it is, tis company needs to explain a lot... and i am definitely going to boycott tis company if there is a need for renting car nx time...

Agreed, dont think any car rental company would want to rent cars to P plate driver, esp if the P plate driver is only 20 year old. For such driver, the only car that they can get to drive is their own family car. Besides that dont think anyone would want to lend them their car. [rolleyes]

Like the other day i saw one P plate driver driving up a MSCP, totally cannot make it. Very wide turning and poor estimation of turning, in the end saw the car stop half-way on the ramp, and the passenger got down and take over the car. Wondering how did the person pass the driving test?

Edited by 13177

maybe fronting? [sly] somebody front for young man? [sly]

Agreed, dont think any car rental company would want to rent cars to P plate driver, esp if the P plate driver is only 20 year old. For such driver, the only car that they can get to drive is their own family car. Besides that dont think anyone would want to lend them their car. [rolleyes]

Like the other day i saw one P plate driver driving up a MSCP, totally cannot make it. Very wide turning and poor estimation of turning, in the end saw the car stop half-way on the ramp, and the passenger got down and take over the car. Wondering how did the person pass the driving test?

it's not juz P-plate drivers....i've helped a previous female colleague do the exact same thing u described (going up the ramp and parking in MSCP). [;)]

it's not juz P-plate drivers....i've helped a previous female colleague do the exact same thing u described (going up the ramp and parking in MSCP). [;)]

dont like that lah.

that time i just passed license. drove with family go geylang eat supper. got prob with parallel parking, my dad see until pek chek ask me get out he park himself [laugh][laugh]

part and parcel of learning lah. [cool]

if i'm the driver, i will just simply walk away from the deal. nothing the rental company can do about it.

That's what I think too. Wait for them to sue. No need to fear them. They can't do anything... At least legally they can't do anything.

If this case goes to court, the rental company confirm lose for asking $67k.

i got my class 3 in 2006. had to book a sheet load of lessons to get my first TP which i then passed. Was with a school and they had a lot of prerequisites attached before i could even book a TP test date. I heard that requirements were slackened in the years following 2006. Not sure true or not.

↡ Advertisement