Rental company insists NSF owes it $67,000

Mustank

Does a 20-year old really need to rent a car? At that age, I took MRT, bus or Taxi.

At that age i dont even have driving licence. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

conspiracy theory ma! haha. not too often you hear of accident right after TP. (dun dun dun)

i know la ... not one of my better jokes :P

I dont think its not often that ppl got accident right after Tester.. more like non as high profile as this guy [lipsrsealed]

Must give those tester credit mah. i tired of hearing ppl say go TP wear short skirt show long kang sure pass. during my era already not true liao.

I dont think its not often that ppl got accident right after Tester.. more like non as high profile as this guy [lipsrsealed]

Must give those tester credit mah. i tired of hearing ppl say go TP wear short skirt show long kang sure pass. during my era already not true liao.

You tried? :huh:

i think everybody needs totake note of rental.

Couple of years ago, i wanna rent a car for a few days as my car is down. Went to a rental in Turf City.

All settle till i read the paper. The excess i need to pay range from 0 to 16K.. i disagree.. saying it needs to be a fixed amount stated black n white. Else anything happens i will be at their mercy. They can just ask me to cough out 16K if i got a accident.....

And i got 10 years of driving.... they did not want to state in black and white.. so i just leave...

now car rental company also can come out and say COLLISION? LOL

must be didnt buy insurance at all or cannot buy insurance due to probation license.

i think you onto something there.

very soon collision this collision that epidemic liao by rental companies since AXA collision, not accident reasoning. knn

Does a 20-year old really need to rent a car? At that age, I took MRT, bus or Taxi.

Don't really find anything wrong, it's normal for young people, especially those who just passed, to want to drive. Assuming one's family or friends don't own a car (or not willing to lend), the only way one will get to drive upon passing is to rent one. Furthermore he only rented for a few days, not long term. He probably does take MRT or bus most of the time.

The more important thing is for them to drive safely and considerately, and don't get into accidents like this guy did.

Neutral Newbie

I thought one of the test items is to go up a ramp, stop and move off from the ramp? Has this item been omitted now?

there IS companies renting out to P Plate.

but i think they never set restriction to age limit. cos young + p plate = reckless and dangerous (serious!)

but dunno why u like look down on P Plate.

aren't u a P Plate before? dun tell me u never make any silly mistakes during your 1st year? If u tell me no and u are super zai. I seriously doubt. No more is born as an experienced driver, experience is slowly built up. And oh dun forget, school or pte doesn't teach u multi storey ramp condition loh. Even public car park. I wonder how u pass your test without knowing this and still mock other P plate.

its all in the mind in the driver, I will say but only comes with age I would say. Most young people after get their license will offer to give their friends a lift then speed to show off. But mature drivers will be careful cos they dun want the drive to be the last (either license kanna revoke or lose his life in an accident)

I only got my license recently and I am 33 this year. Also rented a car (not Neo but another company) as a P Plate but i drive very carefully and never cause any accidents.

had browse through some car rental web, most of the car rental company minimum age is from 23-74 n some is 25-74 but with at least 1 year experience means that indirectly no p plate driver...

but this company willing to rent out to them, must b quite fishy....

its not fishy. i just got my license in Aug. and its quite fustrating not able to find reputable companies renting out to P Plate drivers like me.

so I did my research and found that they are a few who caters to the P Plate market. See my thread here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...681873&hl=*

actually nothing wrong renting out to P Plate drivers... everyone start off as P Plate aren't you? But if the family got no car and u dun have budget to buy one .. u rent one if u want to drive and practise. but the risk is higher for P Plate drivers... hence not many companies rent out cars to them. But I feel that companies who do rent out cars to P Plate drivers should set an age limit. I believe 18-21 is very young and they are often reckless and dangerous on the road.

anyway its all in the mind, when u are older and just got your license, you tend to drive safe cos u knew the consequences. but when u are young, u dun think of consequences and just want to speed and show off to your friends on board that you can drive, drift whatever it is.

btw I am 33 this year.

Edited by Newdrive

I thought one of the test items is to go up a ramp, stop and move off from the ramp? Has this item been omitted now?

multi storey car park is different right?

u need to turn and turn and turn to go up each level.

on the circuit... its just a straight road.

i am on auto... so its easy... but for those driving manual... i think a bit hard for them to turn , change cluth etc.

its not fishy. i just got my license in Aug. and its quite fustrating not able to find reputable companies renting out to P Plate drivers like me.

so I did my research and found that they are a few who caters to the P Plate market. See my thread here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showto...681873&hl=*

actually nothing wrong renting out to P Plate drivers... everyone start off as P Plate aren't you? But if the family got no car and u dun have budget to buy one .. u rent one if u want to drive and practise. but the risk is higher for P Plate drivers... hence not many companies rent out cars to them. But I feel that companies who do rent out cars to P Plate drivers should set an age limit. I believe 18-21 is very young and they are often reckless and dangerous on the road.

anyway its all in the mind, when u are older and just got your license, you tend to drive safe cos u knew the consequences. but when u are young, u dun think of consequences and just want to speed and show off to your friends on board that you can drive, drift whatever it is.

btw I am 33 this year.

when i was 18, my boss sent me for free driving course to drive this: :D

m113.jpg

one hell of a fun time!!! :wub::wub:

haaaiizzzz......havent got to do it again [:(][:(]

when i was 18, my boss sent me for free driving course to drive this: :D

one hell of a fun time!!! :wub::wub:

haaaiizzzz......havent got to do it again [:(][:(]

road condition is different lah. if u drive this on road, all cars siam u first! [laugh]

multi storey car park is different right?

u need to turn and turn and turn to go up each level.

on the circuit... its just a straight road.

i am on auto... so its easy... but for those driving manual... i think a bit hard for them to turn , change cluth etc.

Carpark's turn and turn (circular up ramps) would have been covered by the S-course. Up ramp, brake then move off should still be a standard test item, but then the test ramp is so damn wide. Look at some of the 90-degree carpark up-ramps with barely 0.5m on each side, even seasoned drivers are scared.

Carpark's turn and turn (circular up ramps) would have been covered by the S-course. Up ramp, brake then move off should still be a standard test item, but then the test ramp is so damn wide. Look at some of the 90-degree carpark up-ramps with barely 0.5m on each side, even seasoned drivers are scared.

thats why mah.

so be forgiving to P Plate drivers lah haha.

i think for auto drivers, its relatively easy... but for manual drivers especially P Plate, i think its a huge task to overcome and gain experience.

Turbocharged

my first car was the landrover (army of cos)

good start for my driving cos i obeyed every rules (scared of the military law!)

became a habit after that

First and foremost, the car rental co will need to prove and provide evidence that car is insured. Next, if car is insured, prove that they have submitted a claim which was rejected based on collision reason by the insurers.

If car is not insured, then its one more added headache for them....e law will be very interested.

At point of signing up for e car rental, am sure the excess is indicated in the event of an accident, thus the subsequent "make to sign" document can be challenged as done under duress and/or genuine belief that bodily harm will follow with refusal to do so.

Personally, dun think the car rental co can claim more than any indicated excess. In the absence of any document to indicate excess or worst, no insurance, the company can really count it their bad luck and poor risks management.

Just my thoughts......safe ride.

Cheers

• Praise 1

err... you mean 90 deg turn? or 90 deg up :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement