Rental company insists NSF owes it $67,000

Mustank

Neutral Newbie

Renting a car just to practice driving is not a really good idea, if a new license holder feels that he/she is not confident enough to drive, he/she can always go back to the driving centers for more lessons.

There are services provided by driving center for people who have gotten their license but not been driving regularly.

You still pay but you have a qualified instructor sitting beside you to guide you, so why risk by renting a car?

Edited by Joajas

My guess is that

1) company rents out the car illegally. No insurance coverage.

2) that particular car has got bad claim rep....the premium is already very high so avoid making OD claim.

But still...rent to a new license driver...have to be prepared for accidents lor...most rental company do not rent good cars to new driver...in fact some rental only rent to those who has their license for 3 years. When I was new license last time...the only vehicle I could get my hands on was a pickup nia...hahahaha...not cool for picking up chicks !!

Renting a car just to practice driving is not a really good idea, if a new license holder feels that he/she is not confident enough to drive, he/she can always go back to the driving centers for more lessons.

There are services provided by driving center for people who have gotten their license but not been driving regularly.

You still pay but you have a qualified instructor sitting beside you to guide you, so why risk by renting a car?

going back to school and learn not so good.

actually i feel more stress if someone sit beside me and bark at me :D

and one should develop his own style of driving and cannot always follow the instructor... cos diff instructor diff style and his style might not suit you.

actually renting car is not bad. it helps u to build up your own judgement instead of relying someone to tell u whats right and wrong. and one may get too used to "baby sitting" till once he or she is out on the road on his/her own, will panic. besides its much costly... paying $70 per hour... how much practise u can get vs renting a car for a day to practise until u shiok.

after all u already got your license, cannot always be spoonfed.

just drive safe and u are fine! renting a car and drive vs driving your own car and drive makes no diff!

like i mention countless times, youngsters who got their license will drive to impress but mature drives who got their license will be very careful. this is the unspoken truth, why? just look at insurance premium. the younger you are the most expensive.

Edited by Newdrive

90 degree turns lah. Have you ever seen a 90-degree up ramp? [laugh]

joking with you lah.. the sentence say 90deg ramp up mah look very misleading.. so i ask you even thought its obvious [:p]

going back to school and learn not so good.

actually i feel more stress if someone sit beside me and bark at me :D

and one should develop his own style of driving and cannot always follow the instructor... cos diff instructor diff style and his style might not suit you.

actually renting car is not bad. it helps u to build up your own judgement instead of relying someone to tell u whats right and wrong. and one may get too used to "baby sitting" till once he or she is out on the road on his/her own, will panic. besides its much costly... paying $70 per hour... how much practise u can get vs renting a car for a day to practise until u shiok.

after all u already got your license, cannot always be spoonfed.

just drive safe and u are fine! renting a car and drive vs driving your own car and drive makes no diff!

like i mention countless times, youngsters who got their license will drive to impress but mature drives who got their license will be very careful. this is the unspoken truth, why? just look at insurance premium. the younger you are the most expensive.

actually instructor should only have one style. that style called defensive driving :ph34r:

Sorry ... Sorry ... Wrong INFO! I think it must have been the time I passed ... My parents insisted that they supervised me driving their car during the first year after passing.

tio pian!

LOL.gif

actually can the nsf sue the rental company for not providing insurance coverage, if it turn out to be the case ? cos he injured himself and should be entitled to claim insurance .

actually can the nsf sue the rental company for not providing insurance coverage, if it turn out to be the case ? cos he injured himself and should be entitled to claim insurance .

and get embroiled in a civil suit? [rolleyes]

his best bet is to play up the media coverage regarding the company's supposed insistence on compensation. hopefully the authorities will determine whether rules have been contravened when the company rented out the car including insurance coverage. If he is lucky, the company will get into trouble and let the boy off the hook.

Carpark's turn and turn (circular up ramps) would have been covered by the S-course. Up ramp, brake then move off should still be a standard test item, but then the test ramp is so damn wide. Look at some of the 90-degree carpark up-ramps with barely 0.5m on each side, even seasoned drivers are scared.

scared for what? not asking you to drive on the perilous cliff roads of Peru what. Unsure just slow, still unsure then go dead slow lah. If drive so long already and one still cannot visualise and have a proper sense of the car's external dimensions then something is very wrong with his or her cognitive skill of spatial perception.

scared for what? not asking you to drive on the perilous cliff roads of Peru what. Unsure just slow, still unsure then go dead slow lah. If drive so long already and one still cannot visualise and have a proper sense of the car's external dimensions then something is very wrong with his or her cognitive skill of spatial perception.

Scared because I'm too poor to repair any scrapes to my car. [laugh]

Sometimes, going dead slow doesn't even help, like the 90-degree turning ramps which have very little space. If you don't get the angle of approach correct, there's no way you can get through without scraping the sides.

It is a good idea to take refresher driving for those with no confidence.

Years ago before driving centers operate, I took a few hrs refresher driving with my pte instructor. Because the following week, I would be starting work in a company that require us to drive their vehicle ocassionally.

Scared because I'm too poor to repair any scrapes to my car. [laugh]

Sometimes, going dead slow doesn't even help, like the 90-degree turning ramps which have very little space. If you don't get the angle of approach correct, there's no way you can get through without scraping the sides.

I am scared when i am driving on those helical spiral ramps with two way traffic. Especially those that have little more than a double white continuous line. I am scared of the other fella going crazily fast and lose control. :wacko:

Like that ... next time I rent a car, ... damage it jialat jialat ... pay off the excess of say, $5-10K ... then proceed to claim $100K from the insurers for my injuries?

↡ Advertisement