EBay Makes It Easier to Report Bad Buyers

Yeobh

Great move by ebay, as a seller I welcome this great change. Base on my more than 7 years selling experience, about 70% of our locals click buy but never continue to make payment. Of the 30% who make payment, 70% didn't give feedback.

post-272-1350532855_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Great move by ebay, as a seller I welcome this great change. Base on my more than 7 years selling experience, about 70% of our locals click buy but never continue to make payment. Of the 30% who make payment, 70% didn't give feedback.

why must give feedback.....

giving feedback is not compulsory BUT as a responsible member of a community i.e. eBay, giving feedback constitutes an ethical action (not that failing to do so makes on unethical, i clarify!). If there weren't any feedback ratings on any of the sellers, one wouldn't be able to discern with much success, the decent from the downright rotten. In fact, i duly offer my feedback promptly once i receive my item. In fact, i would like eBay to expand the rating system to not just include feedback rating on the seller per se but also to include feedback ratings on the product itself. This will bring eBay inline with the practice of all the other major merchant sites e.g. Amazon.

PM me if you want a pair of Nitrile disposal gloves - great for hand protection against grease, oil and dirt when servicing cars or doing work around your house.

post-272-1350536968_thumb.jpg

post-272-1350536993_thumb.jpg

giving feedback is not compulsory BUT as a responsible member of a community i.e. eBay, giving feedback constitutes an ethical action (not that failing to do so makes on unethical, i clarify!). If there weren't any feedback ratings on any of the sellers, one wouldn't be able to discern with much success, the decent from the downright rotten. In fact, i duly offer my feedback promptly once i receive my item. In fact, i would like eBay to expand the rating system to not just include feedback rating on the seller per se but also to include feedback ratings on the product itself. This will bring eBay inline with the practice of all the other major merchant sites e.g. Amazon.

I think ebay should provide a graphical analysis of the total value of goods transacted without any complains, number of transactions no comprains, number of buyer no comprains; all these over a timeline of a few years

agreed but not if a seller expects a feedback

I think ebay should provide a graphical analysis of the total value of goods transacted without any complains, number of transactions no comprains, number of buyer no comprains; all these over a timeline of a few years

total value is very helpful especially if you are talking about sellers which deal in goods that have little monetary value. I go to eBay to purchase spares and the odds and ends which you can never get in your brick and mortar store (or would otherwise cost a bomb at the authorised distributor [rolleyes] )

Number of transactions should suffice and in this regard, there is such a feature. You can view the number of sale transactions for a seller for just the item you are looking to buy from him OR you can look at the totality of transactions involving this seller (which will include other wares of his).

Sometimes i come across a product which i find interesting but i can't find elsewhere. That is a circular argument right? I came here into eBay precisely because i can't said item elsewhere! So i have no clue whether said item works as described or otherwise. Therefore i am adamant that a separate feedback rating on the product itself e.g. how it works, functions, features, reliability etc should be implemented.

I bought a cheapo iPhone charging casing and i got the seller banned because i disassembled the casing and found this. [rolleyes]

IMG_20120801_002247.jpg

IMG_20120801_002327.jpg

agreed but not if a seller expects a feedback

well, giving feedback is my prerogative and choice as a buyer so maybe the seller should not have a sense of entitlement about garnering feedback. However, if the seller is very nice to you, you ask a million question and he is still he he he yes sir yes sir no problemo he he he, then chin chai give it to him, PROVIDED the product come liow and everything is sound and proper. [:p]

If got outstanding service i will give good feedback. If average service, i won't feedback. If defective product or negative service, i confirm will feedback.

I think you can't run away from most people doing this.

well, giving feedback is my prerogative and choice as a buyer so maybe the seller should not have a sense of entitlement about garnering feedback. However, if the seller is very nice to you, you ask a million question and he is still he he he yes sir yes sir no problemo he he he, then chin chai give it to him, PROVIDED the product come liow and everything is sound and proper. [:p]

of course.. but if it only a normal pay and sent out, received in expected condition then i don't think it warrant a feedback

Those stats are sad. That explains why I had to deal with seller comments like this:

Dear (deleted),

I am happy to accept your offer, but I have had problems with people from Singapore before. This item will take up to 20 days to arrive. If you still want to buy let me know.

(deleted)

to which I had to reply in a slightly defensive way:

Dear (deleted),

I do not know what problems you are referring to, but I have certainly never dealt with you before. I was puzzled as to why you counter-offered higher than your previous offer. Nevertheless, if you are serious in accepting my final offer of exactly 3.4 GBP per item (6.8 GBP for 2) plus 1.75 GBP for shipping (coming to a total of 8.55 GBP), I am happy to buy the items from you. I will pay by Paypal once I get your confirmation. I will leave positive feedback for you if the items are received without delay (I can make an allowance of up to 24 days, which should be adequate) and in good condition, and are as advertised (specifically, frameless clip-on passive 3D glasses suitable for LG Cinema 3D TVs). Of course, I expect you to reciprocate by leaving positive feedback for me as a buyer following payment.

The shipping address is (as recorded in Paypal):

(deleted)

Regards,

(deleted)

It's fine that Ebay has decided to take these steps to be more even-handed toward the seller, but Paypal still heavily favours the buyers.

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement