Megane RS 265 going around Nurburgring raping porsche

D3badge

Fantastic drive by RS driver!! check it out

how does the first video count as raping? -_- I counted at least 5 occasions whereby the Porsche understeer hereby presenting some semblance of overtaking opportunity. Yet, the critical moment which resulted in the overtaking, it appears to me that the Porsche conceded his lead by voluntarily moving away from the racing line and slowing down. -_-

how does the first video count as raping? -_- I counted at least 5 occasions whereby the Porsche understeer hereby presenting some semblance of overtaking opportunity. Yet, the critical moment which resulted in the overtaking, it appears to me that the Porsche conceded his lead by voluntarily moving away from the racing line and slowing down. -_-

there is no overtaking from the right.... so, RS is just waiting for the chance to overtake from the left...

I think the RS driver is skill, with the different in Spec, and the RS can tail the Cayman R all along before overtaking

Porsche Cayman R 3.4 PDK (A)

Engine

Engine capacity 3,436 cc

Engine type 6-cylinder in-line 24-valves

Compression ratio 12.5

Bore x Stroke (97.0 x 77.5) mm

Performance

Power 330 bhp

Torque 370 Nm

Acceleration 4.9s (0-100 kmh)

Top speed 280 kmh

Fuel consumption 10.7 km\L

Misc technical data

Transmission 7-speed (A) PDK

Drive type RWD

Renault Megane RS 2.0T 250 (M)

Engine

Engine capacity 1,998 cc

Engine type 4-cylinders in-line 16-valves DOHC Turbocharged

Compression ratio unknown

Bore x Stroke unknown

Performance

Power 250 bhp

Torque 340 Nm

Acceleration 6.1s (0-100 kmh)

Top speed 245 kmh

Fuel consumption 11.9 km\L

Misc technical data

Transmission 6-speed (M)

Drive type FWD

I think it's about who's got bigger ego/balls.

Seems like

1. The Porke driver isn't one to be pushed around/with big ego.

2. The Megane driver damn dulan that his possibly'' modded car can't overtake that Porke

3. The Porke driver won a few laps & he satisfied his ego, thereafter he slowed down.

4. I like this part------------------> The Porke went FARRRRRRR ahead on straight vs Megane(smelling exhaust some).

5. Both car makers are winners as it caters to buyers with 2 different purchasing power/on the road image.

6. It's also about who's got deeper pocket. Ever seen in Lim Chu Kang aeroplane road Evo & Honda tear Nissan GTR ?

Overtaking on track days means *nothing*.

The only thing that counts on the Ring is a properly timed lap under controlled conditions.

Edited by Turboflat4

The fastest person on nurburgring is a lady taxi driver? She went on top gear a few times, she car over take many cars and even super bikes using a huge van!

I think the RS driver is skill, with the different in Spec, and the RS can tail the Cayman R all along before overtaking

Porsche Cayman R 3.4 PDK (A)

Engine

Engine capacity 3,436 cc

Engine type 6-cylinder in-line 24-valves

Compression ratio 12.5

Bore x Stroke (97.0 x 77.5) mm

Performance

Power 330 bhp

Torque 370 Nm

Acceleration 4.9s (0-100 kmh)

Top speed 280 kmh

Fuel consumption 10.7 km\L

Misc technical data

Transmission 7-speed (A) PDK

Drive type RWD

Renault Megane RS 2.0T 250 (M)

Engine

Engine capacity 1,998 cc

Engine type 4-cylinders in-line 16-valves DOHC Turbocharged

Compression ratio unknown

Bore x Stroke unknown

Performance

Power 250 bhp

Torque 340 Nm

Acceleration 6.1s (0-100 kmh)

Top speed 245 kmh

Fuel consumption 11.9 km\L

Misc technical data

Transmission 6-speed (M)

Drive type FWD

obviously the Megane driver is very familiar and experienced in the circuit,we can see that he knows when to ease and open the throttle even before we can see any straights of bend infront.

he may be the test driver for Renault.

this videos clearly shows that straights depend mainly on machines and corners depend mainly on drivers.

Edited by Turbonetics

at the part when the Megane overtook the Porsche,i feel that the Porsche driver let it pass.

i guess it could had overtaken the Megane as it was heading towards a straight.

probably the Porsche driver knew he was slower in corners and wanted to get off the pressure from the Megane driver or he wanted to switch position to see how he perform against the Megane driver.

I agree....Porsche is designed for high speed, meagne RS just a street racing...my M5 also overtaken by GT3 on NSHW...kanasai....when see from far, better siam...

Twincharged

The fastest person on nurburgring is a lady taxi driver? She went on top gear a few times, she car over take many cars and even super bikes using a huge van!

Saw that episode. I think she was just a few seconds slower than jeremy clarkson although she is driving a van and he is driving a jag.

simply said, the porsche driver is not as daring n skill as the RS driver.

Can see that he miss entering timing and exiting.

anyway these 2 cars built is already diff.

RS is design in a way to eat short n tight bends. Rolling n jerks r lighter.

Maybe with additional aftermarket add-on, it can take the turn even sharper.

Porsche is meant for straight n wide bends.

The porsche driver should feel like vomiting with all those jerkings during the tight turn.

Like roller coaster ride.

↡ Advertisement