42 years to pay medical bill

Alim

well in part because they are only PRs and they chose Non-Citizenship for their son because they probably intend to return to malaysia like some of my relatives

well in part because they are only PRs and they chose Non-Citizenship for their son because they probably intend to return to malaysia like some of my relatives

Then isn't this $130,000 a potential bad debt?

For the reason of NS? I thought PR also enjoy subsidize rate(lower than citizen) and able to use medishield

If they are Singaporeans, the total bill would be partially covered by Medisave / Medishield.

Read the article first before coming here to sow discontent. Maybe that is your intentions afterall, to mislead.

I am interested to know what if they were singaporeans. What will actually happen?

Edited by Davidtkl

If they are Singaporeans, the total bill would be partially covered by Medisave / Medishield.

yah loh, you people really everything also kpkb about our garment... wait till you become a maid in other countries.. [rifle]

I am interested to know what if they were singaporeans. What will actually happen?

Mr Shanmugam, who is also the Law and Foreign Minister, told The New Paper that if the boy were a Singapore citizen, it would have been easier to help.

"We have several ways of helping citizens and our 3M framework (Medisave, MediShield and Medifund) would also have kicked in. But here the situation was different.

"Both parents are permanent residents from Malaysia and the boy is not a Singapore citizen. But we have to be compassionate - the father is a delivery driver and the mother has quit her job.

"We can't walk away from them. So I tried to help them," he said.

Madam Koh said: "We were happy when we received a letter last month from the hospital informing us we could make payment in monthly instalments of $250."

De Keat is recovering at home. He is conscious and reacts to what he is told, but cannot talk or stand up. He is still being fed through a tube.

I always thought that hospital will ask u to pay at least 50 per cent upfront before they do any surgery or hospitalisation.

I paid upfront at CGH n Alvernia before when my wife admitted on the 1st day.

I always thought that hospital will ask u to pay at least 50 per cent upfront before they do any surgery or hospitalisation.

I paid upfront at CGH n Alvernia before when my wife admitted on the 1st day.

lucky here not like one particular one who rather see patient die if no deposit -_-

Many ft patient will be going to kk for treatment and then look for shamugan to pay by instalment.

Only ft eligible hor. Singaporean muat pay full. If not kana sue. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Many ft patient will be going to kk for treatment and then look for shamugan to pay by instalment.

Only ft eligible hor. Singaporean muat pay full. If not kana sue. [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

Mcf777. singaporeans go for private hospital lor.

Edited by Ivan_06

Read the article first before coming here to sow discontent. Maybe that is your intentions afterall, to mislead.

Yalor. And to add on, Kiasi sgporeans would have likely bought medical insurance.

Mcf777. singaporeans go for private hospital lor.

bloody malaysian come here to leech the system...

they didnt want their son to take up singaporean citizenship to siam NS... now this is the consequences....

they will probably run road back to malaysia after a few years... dont think the hospital will get the money back in full...

↡ Advertisement