Car caught fire

Mllcg

STOMPer Leung says this car caught fire at a carpark at Woodlands Avenue 6 early this morning.

The STOMPer wrote:

"This incident happened at block 679, Woodlands Avenue 6, This morning at 5.53am.

"My cousin spotted a small flame through the air in-take of the car bonnet. As we got worried, I dialled the emergency hotline.

"As we were waiting for the arrival of the SCDF, the fire grew from a small flame to a big fire, engulfing the front bonnet in minutes.

"There was a strong smell of burning rubber.

"One fire engine arrived at the scene first, then a red rhino."

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sg...ds_carpark.html

↡ Advertisement

Is it a real evo?

post-25491-1350841522_thumb.jpg

Yes.

There are lots of "fake Evo 10" running around. If I recall correctly, many of them can even customize the bodykit and install a twin tip exhaust to really look the part, but the one way to tell is the fuel tank cover - round on Lancer, square on Evo 10. The fuel tank cover here appears to be square (click on the photo, the preview pic is too small to see this)

Edited by Bicolor

Yes.

There are lots of "fake Evo 10" running around. If I recall correctly, many of them can even customize the bodykit and install a twin tip exhaust to really look the part, but the one way to tell is the fuel tank cover - round on Lancer, square on Evo 10. The fuel tank cover here appears to be square (click on the photo, the preview pic is too small to see this)

Haha the most accurate way is to run the plates through onemotoring.

There is a lancer with a complete evo kit with a square fuel tank cover.

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/showthre...ck-Illusion-Kit

Got a wannabe colleague who wants to try that kit so bad he keeps asking me if it's a good idea on a daily basis.

Haha the most accurate way is to run the plates through onemotoring.

There is a lancer with a complete evo kit with a square fuel tank cover.

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com/showthre...ck-Illusion-Kit

Got a wannabe colleague who wants to try that kit so bad he keeps asking me if it's a good idea on a daily basis.

Bloody hell! Haha, the last I heard was that the fuel tank cover was very difficult to change - or at least so costly to do that most people would change everything else but it. Guess this isn't true, then.

Anyway, checked this car against onemotoring and it really is an Evo.

looks like arson to me. Don't see any reason for the car to catch fire on top of the bonnet...

If fire started in the engine bay, we would be seeing a lot more smoke before the top of the bonnet catches fire.

+ Stomper just stood there and watch the car fire become big. kns and fishy...

Edited by Mockngbrd

Front lights, Rear lights, bumpers and stuff, fuel cap, wing mirrors, steering wheel(if it is still stock), exhaust+ sounds.. That's how I differentiate the real from the fakes [:p]

Looks like arson? :huh:

Turbocharged

looks like arson to me. Don't see any reason for the car to catch fire on top of the bonnet...

If fire started in the engine bay, we would be seeing a lot more smoke before the top of the bonnet catches fire.

+ Stomper just stood there and watch the car fire become big. kns and fishy...

The part the fire start happens to be the bonnet vent area is it might have been started from internal.

Anyway, arson or glitch, this kind of news will once again paint a bloody bad light to modded cars again. If it's proven that the fire is caused by modification, LTA sure use this to further their witchhunt cause. If it' proven that the fire is caused by arson, LTA will still use this to further their witchhunt cause.

Front lights, Rear lights, bumpers and stuff, fuel cap, wing mirrors, steering wheel(if it is still stock), exhaust+ sounds.. That's how I differentiate the real from the fakes [:p]

Looks like arson? :huh:

Simplest way to spot a real Evo 10 - the roof ridges. Never heard of any wannabe mod the roof yet.

↡ Advertisement